Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help Blade 400 battery and E-flight (upgraded) balancing charger

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Help Blade 400 battery and E-flight (upgraded) balancing charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:35 PM
cheyne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Blade 400 battery and E-flight (upgraded) balancing charger

I am having nightmares that I have been had. I bought a blade 400 with "two flights" and upgraded metal head and tail. The bird arrived looking very well with alot of spare parts. The first flad was that the head was all out of alignment and it took some time and research to get it right.

The next issue came with the two supplied 1800mah 11.1v lipo's. When I hook them up to my computer power supply and initiate a charge from anywhere between 1.0-1.8 amps on the upgraded E-flite balancing charger it will go to an error state saying input voltage low. This happen between 10-30 seconds of charge start. I have managed to get into the cell voltage menu and found that on both batteries, cell on is at approximately 2.3-4 volts. and Cells two and three are equal in the 3.2's. The rest of the balancing screan has not populated with charge time etc. before the error comes. "low input votage". I have verified the charge is at approximately 12v.

Could this just be the power supply and the batteries are fine? Or...I dread to say it. Are the lipos fried sum how
Old 10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
gi1mo2

Default RE: Help Blade 400 battery and E-flight (upgraded) balancing charger

Looks like a cell is bad. Voltage too low.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:08 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: cheyne

I am having nightmares that I have been had. I bought a blade 400 with ''two flights'' and upgraded metal head and tail. The bird arrived looking very well with alot of spare parts. The first flad was that the head was all out of alignment and it took some time and research to get it right.

The next issue came with the two supplied 1800mah 11.1v lipo's. When I hook them up to my computer power supply and initiate a charge from anywhere between 1.0-1.8 amps on the upgraded E-flite balancing charger it will go to an error state saying input voltage low. This happen between 10-30 seconds of charge start. I have managed to get into the cell voltage menu and found that on both batteries, cell on is at approximately 2.3-4 volts. and Cells two and three are equal in the 3.2's. The rest of the balancing screan has not populated with charge time etc. before the error comes. ''low input votage''. I have verified the charge is at approximately 12v.

Could this just be the power supply and the batteries are fine? Or...I dread to say it. Are the lipos fried sum how
Hello Cheyen,
To help you elimentate a few things here are some tips. First you need to provide us with the exact model of the upgraded Eflite charger, is it the EFLC505 by E-flite. Aside from that I suggest you hook the charger to a car battery and see if you still get the "low" input voltage flag! While I understand you using your laptop power supply it is possible that the polarity is reversed YIKES! plus very charger I have (8 ea) in all have aligator clips to hook it to the car battery so you may charge at the filed, try that please. Oh and another issue might be that even while your laptop power supply is the right voltage and the polarity is correct, it might not be able to push the 1.8 amps that you need for the battery plus some more amperage to run the charger itself?

If a battery cell goes lower than 3.0 and some chargers as low as 3.3 the charger "cannot" see it, thus giving you charging issue becasue it cannot balance with one cell missing. Here is another is another example of a battery issue. You can have a battery that charges to 12.2 and 4.2 per cell when fully charged. However, when you go to fly it, it craps becuase the battery has lost it's ability to hold AMPS=amperage! Last week I threw away three 5000 mAh 25C packs for the very same reason. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any urgent questions that need a timely reply.

JPEE
Old 12-26-2010, 08:04 PM
desertblade400

The Blade 400 Balancing Charger[EFLC3115]needs the 3 amp A/C adapter[EFLC4030] or a car battery. Anything less will not work. It might even bring up your low cells.