Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Setup Tips for your MCPX

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Setup Tips for your MCPX

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 06:50 AM
turboomni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Setup Tips for your MCPX

Quote:Normal Mode

Throttle curve - 0 40 60 80 100

Pitch Curve 30 45 70 85 100

Idle Up

Throttle curve - 100 100 100 100 100

Pitch Curve - 0 30 70 85 100 Quote

May I as why you don't run a linear pitch curve so when either upright or inverted you will be the same amount away from mid stick?
I run 0 to 100% linear with midstick always at 0 pitch on all my heli's in all modes in my big gasser heli's but in normal modes on my electrics my collective curve is still 0 degrees at mid stick with something like 35-40-50-75-100. All stunt modes are linear . That way when upright or inverted it is the same amount away from mid stick.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:26 AM
chrig

Where should be 0 pitch. Stick in middle position?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:49 PM
warp

Hi Rob
Thnaks for all the tips tricks and vids you put out man!

Im very noob at r/c CP hellis. I'm a bit concerned about knowing if i have set up my mCPx properly. i have the Dx6i radio with it.

my question is, when im spinning up the helli sometimes leans to one side, or even nose down, sometimes tail down. never consistant.
is this normal? of cause when my un-skilled fingers get it together i can get the little guy straightend out. but no always often i end up chopping up the lawn

Old 09-27-2011, 09:58 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Rob, I'm going to have to try out your settings in my DX6i when I get home from work today...
Old 12-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Doug Brindle
My Feedback: (1)

Guys,
The book says to set the TRAVEL ADJUST for PITCH at 75%. On the DX6i radio, is that value set with the stick pulled down (down arrow showing on the screen) or with the stick pushed up (up-arrow showing on the screen).

In my setup, in NORM mode, while hovering, my pitch/throttle stick is pushed up nearly to it's limit. And, it's very sensitive. Just a micro-adjustment on the pitch-throttle stick is a dramatic difference.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:04 PM
srt10

can someone explain how or what this means for pitch to be set around 70% for Justin's MCPx?
thank you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D9UXkp_dU&feature=player_embedded#!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:40 PM
madmorgan
My Feedback: (2)

its hard to say srt10 i would guess hes at 70% max pitch on throttle or set the end points to 70 % which doug above you mentions and your answer doug would be set at 75% on both arrows so with heli off left stick all the way down set to 75 then move all the way up and adjust to 75 all they really say is the coll and pitch sould nt be used on max for both so they prob set theirs to 70 instead of 75 .
Old 01-24-2012, 04:04 PM
srt10

ORIGINAL: madmorgan

its hard to say srt10 i would guess hes at 70% max pitch on throttle or set the end points to 70 % which doug above you mentions and your answer doug would be set at 75% on both arrows so with heli off left stick all the way down set to 75 then move all the way up and adjust to 75 all they really say is the coll and pitch sould nt be used on max for both so they prob set theirs to 70 instead of 75 .
Ok, I'm new to this stuff
so basically back off from max stick in both directions?
Old 02-24-2012, 11:29 PM
earpopper

Hey guys,

I just recently bought a MCPX and Iam having a hell of a time just trying to get it off the ground. Whenever Iadd throttle the blades begin to vibrate violently and the heli gets pretty erratic. It spools up fine, but the moment I add enough throttle to life of the ground it just goes crazy. Anyone else have this issue?Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-24-2012, 11:40 PM
srt10

check to make sure the main gear is tight on the shaft
Old 02-25-2012, 09:21 AM
madmorgan

ok i have no idea what the others flying abilities are i am no expert but do yourself a favor especially the new guys in this  and set you tx up per eflight ok i set mine up like eflight suggests and i have no issues with it at all ! maybe these other guys have been reading around and seeing what the pros settings are AND HOW THEY LIKE TO FLY notice i said how they like to fly and posting it around in forums which is bs cuz they r probably noobs themselves i emphasis on that because they have probably been flying for 20 years and they know what they like . now after you have mastered these things then you can start playing with settings and see what affects what and set it up to your likings .so heres a thing to try esp warp who posted and i know i said this  on first page SLOWLY MOVE YOUR LEFT STICK UP TRYING NOT TO HAVE ANY INPUT LEFT OR RIGHT TO CONTROL THE TAIL IF YOU SEE ITS STARTING TO LEAN SLOWLY ADJUST ON YOUR RIGHT STICK UNTIL EVERYTHING IS NICE AND LEVEL THEN PROCEED TO INCREASE LEFT STICK UNTIL SKIDS LIFT OFF FLOOR I SWEAR I CAN LIFT MINE OFF THE FLOOR 4 INCHES OFF AND TAKE MY HANDS OFF THE TX FOR 5 OR 6 SECONDS BEFORE IT STARTS TO MOVE IN ANY DIRECTION. i think some of you are just raising the left stick so fast and because the servos do not recenter and if you crash and pick bird up inspect it every time you tilt it the controller is imputting to servos .so take it for what its worth you can try what i suggest or not. if your having head vibrations try the grommet mod to the swash it works great and check your main gear  or get a microheli aluminum and be done with that.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:58 AM
madmorgan

ok guys just watched his video hes working with a dx8 i believe hes talking about your travel adjust in the pitch so hes basically saying turn on your dx6 get into travel adjust highlight pitch you will see 100% on a new setup with arrow pointing down or left stick all the way down set it to 70% then move the stick up and you will see arrow  point up now and its at 100 % adjust this to 74 %  then exit out  eflight has this set to 75 %  i have mine set at 100 % lol but there again i have swash type set 3 servo 120 degree not 1 servo 90 degree with all -80 in the wash mix  im going to make new per eflight and see what happens.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:53 PM
madmorgan

went to spool it up and the thing flopped over didnt do preflight come to find out the gear on my ail servo fell off thats a new 1 i guess
Old 03-13-2012, 04:25 PM
fleetz

Hi Rob,

Hope you are travelling well.

No hurry as the MCPX (V2) is on order and I won't get to the MCPX for a while. Just wondering if the V2 version MCPX would have the same settings you have recommended and the link tweak to increse the pitch?

Cheers,

Ian
Old 03-13-2012, 04:26 PM
fleetz

Hi Rob,

No hurry as the MCPX (V2) is on order and I won't get to the MCPX for a while. Just wondering if the V2 version MCPX would have the same settings you have recommended and the link tweak to increse the pitch?

Cheers,

Ian
Old 03-13-2012, 04:32 PM
fleetz

Hi Rob,

Cheers,

Ian
Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 AM
syzygy

Straight to the point key TX tweaks.
One video showing steady hover indoors.
One video showing inverted flight with control outdoors.

You've demonstrated that getting the pitch setting right and tweaking those curves as mentioned in your video can produce a stable hovering mcpx. As every heli guy knows, once you've got steady hover, the rest follows in natural order.

Just what Ineeded to see. Now I may finally cut the seals on my new DX6i and mcpx boxes (I've been dreading the learning curve).

Thanks!

Edit: I've opened the DX6i and mcpx v2 and have configured the TX and bound the heli. I can confirm that the mcpx v2 has the same factory negative pitch condition requiring Rob's 720 degree linkage adjustment as described in his video. To see the negative pitch, bind the heli on a level surface and then immediately disconnect the TX and the battery on the heli.

Thanks again Rob! You have supplied a valuable service (right around to the opposite side of the globe)!