Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

mcx2 losing power?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 03:35 PM
aack73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mcx2 losing power?

i'm a newbie so excuse improper terminology and stupid ?'s please. my mcx2 loses power sometimes when i make a big sweeping turn nose in and swinging tail around. i'm hard right on right stick (what ya call that? alieron?) and 50% left on rudder. i have to give considerable throttle to keep it up. and if i switch back to quickly or get a little to aggressive with it , it will kind wash out get very unstable and kinda start falling. have to full throttle and stop to hover until it stabilizes.nature of this model? all models ( asking too much of a heli)? or just low end electronics 5 in 1 gyro? thoughts and or explanations? just plain bad technique? be kind please i've only been flying about a week.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Callouscade
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: mcx2 losing power?

i do that too with my S300! basically same thing. when you exit that turn, go into a fast piro. it gets rid of the wash, if too agressive especially while flying using rudder, the top blade hits the bottom... doesn't hurt it, just KILL THE POWER! and if ur less agressive and ease off and on the sticks, it is a lot more controlable! losing altitude happens when ur moving faster, its normal to need more throttle. loses power? like the battery dies or just starts to fall a litte? if it's the batter, charge it in a wall charger!

Tip: NEVER USE CYCLIC (left right forward back) WHILE PRIOUETTING AT ALL!!!!! With a coaxial.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:40 PM
s_harn

Default RE: mcx2 losing power?

yeh, the blade clack of doom D8 it's evil, i was flying my cx2 the other day and the flybar sunk low enough to tear one of the blades in half =(