Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade cx

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 10:59 AM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade cx

I could use a little help from some of themore knowledgeble folks here!
I have a friend who bought a Blade CX that will not fly. He bought it some time back andsays he recently took it back to the LHS where he bought it, they worked on it but could notfix it.Theyadvised him to get a newer model. He brought it to me and asked me to see what I could do. I'm more of a fixed-wing guy, but I told him I would see what I could do with it. Here's where I'm at:

1: His lipo had dead cell, so I'm using one of my good 2cell lipos from my Parkzone J-3 until I get it flying good enough to warrant buying a new battery. I know its not the right battery, but I'm thinking it should beclose enough to the right weight and capacity to get reasonably stable flight.
2. I have installed my battery which is a little shorter than the stock on, so I adjusted its position a little aft to get the heli balanced per manual instructions.When I lift it by the fly bar, it hangs level now.
3. I determined that someone had installed the lower rotor head assembly upside down and the swash plate had seperated,I disassembled and installed these correctly.
4. The main gear locking collar was loose and allowing the top rotor and fly bar to slip,I re-positioned and tightened the gear and collar and they seem to be secure now.
5. I have checked the direction and operation of the servos and the main rotors and they appear to be moving correctly.

After installing new blades, what I have now is a heli that will lift off a foot or two but either spins or falls over to the side no matter how I trim it.

I'm no heli guy, but I am a capablepilot and have owned the Cx2 and Blade 400 and have flown a T-rex and few other helis. I know how to fly one and trim it out, but when it comes to workingon them I'm pretty green, especially with co-axials.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:41 AM
SmartMedia

Default RE: blade cx

Hi,

... first and most important : Did you check the polarity of the motors? The top blades rotate counter-clockwise and the bottom rotate clockwise.

Second : go through this thread ... you'll find your answer in no time ! ... : http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_56...tm.htm#5892724
Old 10-20-2011, 11:45 AM
hugger-4641

Thanks for the reply! Yes, rotation of the blades is correct. Thanks for the link, I'll be looking thru it.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:34 PM
hugger-4641

Ok, for those who might be interested, I got the helicopter fixed and flying great for this fellow. I had to replace the lower rotor motor, outer main gear, and the lower innner shaft bearing. The main problem was the motor, it runs, but for some reason it just won't turn enough rpm. He's a happy camper now at about $30 in parts.