Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Mcpx what has failed you?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Mcpx what has failed you?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 02:43 PM
SGT.SHAGGY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mcpx what has failed you?

I have two mcpx's, both have had servos fail. Not sure if I want to spend the money to fix them or not. The failed servos happend in flight both resulting in tail booms being damaged.
Anyone else have this problem?
Not sure if I am going to fix them or sell them for parts. On of the booms was repairable, the other well it more or less exploded.
Anyone else have any problems with the mcpx?
Old 11-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Mcpx what has failed you?

The MCPX has gotten a well deserved reputation for being not dependable...but stunningly dependable and a very robust helicopter.
The little monster has done something that is rarely to never seen : A 'liitle' heli that due to it's collective pitch capability and overall design is something experienced heli pilots are buying in droves, because it can actually provide meaningful practice in addition to a whole lot of fun.
So, why would things like servo failures occur ? From things like slamming into walls, refridgerators, inverted crashes,upright crashes, you name it. Again and again.
To get the performance that heli has along with it's otherworldly robustness means it must be light and well designed. It is both. So are it's servos.
To get that performance the buyer must accept that it won't be maintenance free and things like having a servo fail from time to time are going to happen.
Doug
Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM
StoneDeaf

How is the best way to learn 3d flight with this? I am sure it is great for learning 3d especially flying over grass where it can have a soft impact if you messed up and crashed. Do simulators have tutorials how to do to fly 3d?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:00 PM
SGT.SHAGGY

You sound like a rep for eflight., don't get me wrong it's a fun heli, hence I have two of them.just somewhat disappointed.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:29 PM
invertedthoughts

Are you certain the servos weren't actually damaged in the crashes? Just wondering how you know for sure the servos failed?  If you are using a DX6I have you checked the potentiometers or seen if it has a date code that would require it be sent in for repair/replacement? Maybe since it was the same problem with both helis something else is going.

Old 11-14-2011, 09:15 AM
SGT.SHAGGY

ORIGINAL: invertedthoughts

Are you certain the servos weren't actually damaged in the crashes? Just wondering how you know for sure the servos failed? If you are using a DX6I have you checked the potentiometers or seen if it has a date code that would require it be sent in for repair/replacement? Maybe since it was the same problem with both helis something else is going.

I never even considered checking th radio. Good looking out. The one servo did fail in flight the heli became really hard to control, when I landed I noticed that there was no movement on the left servo and it smelled burned. My thinking is to park both helis until all parts are available for them once all parts are available I will more than likely rebuild. .
Great deployment heli by the way.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:52 PM
red_z06
My Feedback: (11)

So far, no component has failed. One servo is jittery a bit but not enough to prevent flying.

Repair parts so far,

4 main links that broke during crashes.
1 main gear with a crack on the side that keeps slipping down (I think it was there from the beginning).

Here is our flight video of stock mCPx.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D9UXkp_dU[/youtube]
Old 11-16-2011, 04:20 PM
SGT.SHAGGY

I figured to play it safe, when all parts are available I am going to order a few servos and tail booms to keep on hand. This heli is to much fun to give up on.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:48 PM
invertedthoughts

I've been watching Justin's videos for a few years now and the young man never ceases to amaze me. His father has done an incredible job with his teaching, impressive story all the way around.

ORIGINAL: red_z06

So far, no component has failed. One servo is jittery a bit but not enough to prevent flying.

Repair parts so far,

4 main links that broke during crashes.
1 main gear with a crack on the side that keeps slipping down (I think it was there from the beginning).

Here is our flight video of stock mCPx.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4D9UXkp_dU[/youtube]
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 PM
doskraut

I had to replace the 3 in 1 and two tail booms within the first week,I just ordered carbon rods,motor mount,and hope that helps.