Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

gyro settings for Blade 450

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

gyro settings for Blade 450

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 04:25 AM
Rotten40851
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default gyro settings for Blade 450

What are the gyro settings for the Blade 450 3D ? Where should the dial on the gyro itself be? Mine is straight up and down ( 12 & 6 oclock) with the dial in that position what should the settings for 0 and 1 be? or should the dial be in a differant position with the values set at a specific number? thank you, rotten
Old 12-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gyro settings for Blade 450

Did you read your owners manual? E-Flite routinely supplies very,very good directions. If not you're doing yourself a disservice by not reading them cover to cover :
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/Blad...al_EN-0611.pdf
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/2756...HR_6_28_11.pdf
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/Blad...l_Addendum.pdf
and lastly, this one :
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/EFLRG210HL-Manual.pdf
Doug
Old 12-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Rotten40851

Thank you, I do not have an owners manual and originally tried to put a futaba receiver in it. and I couldnt get it to work. I have since aquiried a Spectra DX6 from a friend and set it up as per the disc I got with it. this was awhile ago in the summer. But I'll be damned if I can find that stupid disc now!!! Thanks for the links,Rotten
Old 12-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Doug47

No problem, didn't want you to think I was being flippant with you, I just wanted you to be aware as being a sorta new guy those manuals have a TON of good stuff in them.
For instance they'll tell you EXACTLY how to configure that DX6I for the Blade 450, and I mean exactly. Pick the new flyer option set-up and just follow along.
Read that stuff cover to cover except for the parts concerning radios other than the DX6I and you'll be all smiles !
Do i EVER know about losing stuff like CD's. Aaaagh !Doug
P.S-Go to Horizons web site, the Blade 450 section, thay have a lot of set-up/instructional videos that'll help you a lot.
Old 12-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Rotten40851

Thanks Doug47, I am not a newbee to RC helis just a Newbee to Electric RC in general. I made my bones on a GMPCricket and always flew Futaba Gear as I still do with everything else. I just happened into this Blade 450. I had it flying well after retro fitting the Spectra gear. however a little occilation occured when I moved into fast foreward flight. I fiddled with the gyro dial itself on the actual unit and was wondering if the right position is 12 and 6 oclock? I will start my adjusting from there with the DX6. If that is not the initial setting position please let me know as it does not say in the literature you sent me. I have a scale body I wish to install on this bird and want it flying well before I install it. Thanks for your help, please take a look at yours and see if that position is correct. Thanks again, Rotten
Old 12-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Doug47

12 and 6 oughta be just fine. Make sure the rudder servo arm has the rudder servo pushrod at 7-9mm from the middle of thhe rudder servo arm screw to the pushrod hole on the arm.
Then turn your gain all the way down, on the radio till the gyro goes into rate mode...what you started out on, gramps .
That'll center the servo mechanically. Once that servo arm is at 90 degrees,mechanically centered, the pushrods the right distance away, then restore the recommended amount of gain.
Now it ought hover as sraight as a grizzlies....index finger.[>:] Doug
Old 12-21-2011, 03:29 AM
Rotten40851

Yes, the old Futaba 154 rate gyro. thats the one. Thanks for the help, I will try to get to the field this morning before the rain. Enjoy your Holiday Season, Rotten Out
Old 12-22-2011, 03:48 AM
Rotten40851

One mor quick question, there are two switches on the Gyro itself one says DS & STD this one switch is on STD the other switch says Rev & Nor This is on normal, I know the one switch is reverse and normal but what is the other switch and do I have it on the correct setting? Thanks, Rotten
Old 12-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Doug47

Thats for Digital Sservos Johnny , If they are stock servos they are digita, that switch is refering to the rudder servo and if stock it's digital, that's important to set it on DS. Doug
Old 12-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Rotten40851

Thank You, I was just at the field and the tail was wagging quite a bit. I will switch it over to Digital. They dont allow Helicopter flying at my field soI had to do it on the sneak and only got a chance to hover briefly. I wanted to check in here before I went fiddling around with the values on the Radio. I'll let you know how it turns out
Old 12-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Doug47

They dont allow Helicopter flying at my field so I had to do it on the sneak and only got a chance to hover briefly
What a......s. I'll bet it's okay to hover airplanes a foot away from the pilots stations though, or with some dope standing in the middle of the runway hovering his plane ad nauseum
There aren't many clubs overflowing with members nowadays, seems pretty dumb.
Having analog selected instead of digital is enough to generate a wag for sure. Just switch it overm hover it and dial it down a little at a time until you're good to go. Doug
Old 12-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Rotten40851

Yes,No Heli Flying!! I brought up a proposal to allow Heli Flying certain days and hours to let us fixed wing/heli pilots enjoy some rotor time without joining a seperate club. It looks like it will pass at the January meeting.Some guys just really hate helicopters. Not Me!!! Thanks for your help and Happy Holidays