Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 400 gyro trouble E-flite eflrg 110HL

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 400 gyro trouble E-flite eflrg 110HL

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 07:29 AM
bigk1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 400 gyro trouble E-flite eflrg 110HL

Hello, I bought me a used blade 400. It has the EFLRG-110HL gyro,with no Rec.
or radio. So I used mine its a Sky Tech TS6i with TRS601DD Rec its same setup that came with the raptor 30 ace rc radio .I plugged in the gyro into channel 4 then the gain into channel 5 .When I power up the Rec. I wait for red light to come on, it does. then when I try to move the rudder nothing,I move gyro nothing,so I shut off Rec. unplug channel 5, remote gain, then turn it back on ,gyro works good.I thought something was wrong with gyro. So I got 2 new ones from eBay they do same thing.Then I got new Rec. same as old one, same thing. I turn gyro gain up and down on radio still same thing,nothing, red light comes on that it.I move the plug from channel 4 move to other channels it works good.
I thought that the Rec. could have to high single locking the gyro so I Found small resistor do not know value but I put it in line off the gain wire on channel 5 works good but not know if its working right.I have 3 of these radios does it on all 3.Any help would be welcome,I emailed e-flite with this info this is what they said (Thank you for contacting Horizon Hobby's Product Support Department. I would make sure the receiver is a Spektrum or JR receiver. If you are using anything else like a clone receiver, cannot guarantee it will work.) i was like is this the best they can do for me? please can anyone help thanks bigk76
Old 03-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Blade 400 gyro trouble E-flite eflrg 110HL

It really is the best they can do for you bud. They can't be trouble shooiting stuff they don't have and have no knowledge about. Those 'orange' receivers work just fine with JR/Spektrum gear, they cost less than 20 bucks. PS-Do try plugging the gain channel in the other way, just too be sure. You'ver got to lose the resistor,too.
The 110 gyro is at best a solid "fair at best". The Blade 400 is a good enough heli that it could really benefit from a better gyro. Doug
Old 03-27-2012, 11:41 PM
bigk1976

Default RE: Blade 400 gyro trouble E-flite eflrg 110HL

I went to the web site this is what it said (Overview)

(The BladeĀ® 400 3D is designed to give intermediate to advanced heli pilots a almost ready-to-fly experience like no other. The completely factory-assembled airframe allows the Blade 400 3D PNP to be ready for hovering and 3D aerobatics once you add your favorite transmitter, receiver, battery and charger.) it just makes me upset that it does not say only works with spektrum or jr ,eflite tech says ( I would make sure the receiver is a Spektrum or JR receiver. If you are using anything else like a clone receiver, cannot guarantee it will work.) could use some help with this thanks ,bigk1976