Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Would this be A huge mistake?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Would this be A huge mistake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 05:31 PM
TheFridge189

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would this be A huge mistake?

Hi there RCU. I have someone who wants to trade a Eflite blade 400 3d for my rc boat. I currently have an ultra modifed cx2, and I have mastered it. I don't have a flight simulator, and I won't buy one unless it's cheap. I know I can't jump in to doing 3d manuevers right away, but do you think I would be making a bad choice getting the 400? To be honest I wouldn't do anything like flips for a long time. I would just hover it around like my cx2. Would this be a waste to get a big 3d heli, just to do non-3d moves? Like I said, I wouldn't get into the full 3d moves untill I got a flight simulator, or became extremely confident with driving the 400 and I would slowly start with basic 3d moves.

Do you think this is a bad idea?
Thanks
Old 04-08-2012, 04:53 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Would this be A huge mistake?

No, it's not a waste at all if what you want to do is to learn to fly a collective pitch heli. Look up www.rchelicopterfun.com, and the Yahoo instructional videos he has and you'll see how the Blade 400/450 are some of the best student flyer platforms available. It'd be wise to learn to fly in a step by step fashion like that web site demonstrates, and set up your heli as he suggests for those different steps. Also wise would be to brain dump '3-D' for a good long while, until you can fly patterns with precision, hover and fly nose-in and nose out, again with precision. THEN work on 3-D types of flying.
Otherwise you'll be like countless "Johnny Extreme" dopes who can sort of fly, at least long enough to get high enough to so some elementary flips, etc. That's no way to fly at all, and is not to be confused with having any sort of skill whatsoever. You don't want that. The pay-off is learning mastery of the machine, not faking it and impressing only the ignorant.
Good luck with it ! Doug
Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 AM
nothinbetr2do

my guess would be, it depends on what you have for a boat?
Old 04-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Coxxie

For us it is never a huge mistake in obtaining another heli or model aeroplane.

Like Doug mentioned, collective pitch helis is the way to go in learning to fly helis properly and also, again as Doug mentioned, look up http://www.rchelicopterfun.com .they have instructional videos and also have a few adobe pdf manuals and one in particular is the 'Beginners Guide to RC Helicopters', which I have already bought and is excellent and worth the few dollars. They also have an adobe pdf manual on heli training gear.

It is also worth your while to spend a few dollars and buy a set of 'training gear' for your heli, to practice learning on, as that will get your confidence up quicker and will save you in buying blades in any event.

I would suggest buying a flight simulator and for a few dollars more it is worthwhile buying a good one to learn on. I use the Phoenix Flight Simulator  http://www.phoenix-simv3.com/default.asp ,as the flight simulation is more realistic, you have a wider variety of helis and airfields to choose from as well as using your own Transmitter. Real Flight http://www.realflight.com/ and Aerofly http://www.aerofly.com/ are the other excellent flight simulators available on the market.