Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

striped screw questions

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

striped screw questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:02 PM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default striped screw questions

Hello all, I have the blade 400 and I received it used. I have been slowly learning about it as I can, I finally have it set to my radio and have actully managed to hover it a bit. My problem is after about a minute or less of flight the tail boom loosens up and works its way back to the fuse/fram of the heli causing the belt to loosen up. I have found that the 4 screws that hold the boom tight are striped out not getting a good tight bite. Whats my options here? Now just as a reminder I am a newbie at helis but a 7 years on planes. my first thought would be just order a new fuse/frame and switch everything over, or since its most likelly trashed at this point just put all in place and put a few drops of CA in each hole. All Im looking to do with this heli is to learn the basics of flying helis, allso learn how to work on them too I sopose. Thank you.

Scott
Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 PM
gi1mo2

Default RE: striped screw questions

I would use CA on the boom itself and fit it in. You might dril a hole a put a short screw to prevent the boom to slip back. Scratch the boom to get a good grip.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 PM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: striped screw questions

A friend sugested that I could a wrap of electrical tape on the boom then possibly drill the holes oput and put small nuts and bolts thru the holes.