E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade SR ***!?

Old 07-22-2012, 06:55 PM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Blade SR ***!?

Took my SR out today. It shot off when Igot it up a few feet, and was really all over the place, and just as I was getting it under some sort of control it made this crunching sound and fell out of the sky.

When I retrieved it, the main gear was totally stripped. Now I had stripped out a few teeth when Ihit a tree on another gear set, but Ihave no idea why the entire gear stripped out. Not sure why it also decided to just shoot forward like it did either. Ineed a bigger area without trees if it decides to keep doing that! It is so far out of wack out of the box. it has a lot of forwad and little rearward motion, side to side is OK. Collective is pretty good though, so looks like the fore/aft is off by one servo tooth.

Iknow it wasnt the wind either, it flew into the wind!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:54 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Blade SR ***!?

Hey acdii ,
How many succesful flight shave you had on this SR ? Was it bought new ? Is it your first collective pitch heli ? If so, it is a very bad choice, I had one too. It has two things going for it ; It's pretty and being an e-flite heli parts are easy to get and inexpensive. And that's all. My favorite for any new flyer is a Raptor ARF 30 nitro, because no electric can give you 15 minute plus flights and that's how you can really learn to fly and practice -practice-practice. Anyone who flies planes has the field gear, and just over 300 gets you an imcredibly tough ARF airframe with a stone dependable motor and muffler mounted, incredible stability, easy to work on ...all things no little heli can give you and certainly no 450.
Oh, the main gears on the SR are prone to being destroyed . The usual cause of a heli suddenly darting one way or the other is a swashplate not dead level post-repair especially. If a newer heli pilot can get a swash leveling gauge for his specific heli he'll be really glad he did . Doug
Old 07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
acdii

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Blade SR ****!?

Yeah 4th flight with it, and first collective. I had a good hover with it not too long ago, in my barn, but dumb***** me had left a side door open and a gust came in and pushed it into a stall door. I guess my repairs weren't as good as I thought. Still ticks me off that the main gear completely stripped out. There isnt one tooth left on it. I can fly my SR 120 all over the place, so aside from collective, which I got the hang of, it should fly close to the 120, the one thing I did learn is dont softly take off with it, pop it up, and wow what a difference that made, but then it just dropped its nose darted off. I started to get it under control when it went RIPPPPPP and fell out of the sky.

Oh looks like the forum dont like what the freak

Old 07-23-2012, 05:58 PM
SCOTT42
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry I dont mean to steal this thread but I read what you had to say doug, I have been flying nitro planes for about 7 years now and have just recently ventured into the helis. Now what got me started was that I aquired a thunder tiger raptor 60, now I havent flown it becouse i want to learn on a small 450 trex that i bought. I have had a few nice flights with the 450 but they dont last long before the battery is dead. So should I really try and get my 60 up and running? It needs a few things like a receiver, new battery, and some black paddles as it is equiped with the green ones.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21576.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	1784986  
Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 AM
Skyhawk940

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Mine was a peice of s&^$ too. My MCPX V2 is great!