Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: 130x tail

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

130x tail

my 130x tail gear keeps coming loose, the one on the torque tube, i have even tried gluing the white gear on and it still came loose, have even tried a new gear. i have tried pushing the tail boom further on the heli, still nothing, any ideas???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 130x tail

jfast

I've had the same problem. I finally pushed tail boom on far enough that it almost touches the back tail shaft.
    Have not had a problem in the last 10 flights.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is your tail rotor vibrating.?

My 130x on its first flight out of the box had excessive tail rotor vibration. Spoke to Horizon and they said to push through it?? WHAT!

I ordered a new aluminum after market entire tail asembly. Will see if that works.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had the vibrations also! Replaced the tail bearings with some boca bearings no more shakes. Smoother than my 300 x now!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no vibrations,, but tail does still come loose after several flights , I have just learned to watch tail after each flight.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kmarks

Is your tail rotor vibrating.?

My 130x on its first flight out of the box had excessive tail rotor vibration. Spoke to Horizon and they said to push through it?? WHAT!

I ordered a new aluminum after market entire tail asembly. Will see if that works.

Add a small piece of tape to one of the tail rotor blades, if it still vibrates peel it off and put it on the other one....i promise you it works !

I used tamiya masking tape to show you in the picture

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you John for that suggestion. I will try that if the vibration occures again.

I actually purchased all new aluminum tail gear set up, it is rock solid with NO play. The tail vibration in 15 flights is gone!

Now I am getting a new problem. Main body "Wobble" and I have no idea what it is caused from?? I have 20 +/- flights no hard landings, no crashes and all gears and surfaces are OK.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Kevin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Kmarks

Now I am getting a new problem. Main body "Wobble" and I have no idea what it is caused from?? I have 20 +/- flights no hard landings, no crashes and all gears and surfaces are OK.

Any Ideas??

Thanks

Kevin
    Hi Kevin,

Thats a difficult one without actually seeing it, my best guess would be dirty 'track' on the little servos causing them to 'jitter'

Can you hover the heli quite close to yourself and see if you can hear/see the servos moving in sync with the wobble you describe ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Have you tried substituting the swash grommets with the spare canopy grommets that came with your heli? It seems to do the trick for a lot of people. One thing I discovered this evening. I could take a small screwdriver or similar tool and actually wiggle the elevator servo in its mount. Its sandwiched between the frame in small slot supports and by theory not be able to move, except in my case. I had to replace my mainshaft bearingsanyway so when I put the frame back together, I applied some silcone rubber glue very sparingly on each opposite edge before assembly. Just checked it about an hour ago and it sits nice and sturdy, but notsomuch as to be difficult to remove if I have to pull the frame apart again. I mention this because having a slightly loose elevator servo could definitely become a source for wobble.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I put the rubber gromits on all plastic ball links and the wobble went away. I felt so good about it i began to try some new stunts! Only to end up crashing and bending the new custom steel tail shaft. I replaced it with the stock tail shaft only to learn that again I have tail rotor vibration.

I believe the stock tail rotor shafts and the stock flanged bearings are not to spec! My observation is that either of these parts are not the correct size allowing just enough movement for a harmonic vibration to take over causing excessive vibration and damage to the tail servo and other servos.

This tail section I think is the cause to many on going problems.

Just my 2 cents fellas.

Kevin