Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Microheli weighted grips work on Blade 130x

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Microheli weighted grips work on Blade 130x

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 07:33 PM
d12bn
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Microheli weighted grips work on Blade 130x

My daughter didn't feel like videoing so its a little shaky but its good enough to see the new grips work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atdhlTUXJKc
Old 10-18-2012, 10:39 PM
BottomGun
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Microheli weighted grips work on Blade 130x

I'm happy with my MH weighted tail grips also but the MH tail shaft that came as a unit with the blade grips has a lot to be desired. Earlier this afternoon a gust of wind blew it down into the grass while I was doing some close to the ground hovering about a foot up from the grass. Tailblades just kissed the ground and the shaft was bent. I took it apart and bent it back for the hell of it and noticed it was easy to bend with my fingers, something that I couldn't do that easy even with my stock shaft. 
  I ordered a Lynx unit so when it comes I'll test it out.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:13 AM
d12bn
My Feedback: (4)

That sucks. I've crashed a dozen times or so and no damage. Where did it bend?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 AM
BottomGun

It bent about 3/8ths of an inch from the hub.Obviously it'snot unusual for shafts to bend in a crash but I feel that the metallurgy in this sample was just not strong enough for the minor accident it was in. I've had crashes with my stock one that were more severe and they were still good to go. It may have justbeen a bad apple in the bunch but like I stated, I'll try the Lynx unit when it arrivesand see how it goes. I have spare aluminum spacers (really small!)for my MH tail grips that slide over each end of the hub. I think without them the tailgripswon't fit properly on any shaft that is used.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:59 PM
BottomGun

Got my Lynx hub/tailshaft unit in and it's really nice. I didn't have to use my spacers for the MH weighted tail grips. They fit perfectly with no play after tightening the screws. No binding either. Did some hovering and slow forward flight using backyard lighting since the sun already set by the time I put everything back together. Works great, but now I have noticed that my two week old stock tail servo which was never crashed seems to have some longitudal play in the servo horn that my other tail servos did not have. I get a little drifting (not wag) because of the slop caused by about over 1/16th inch movement each way. The tiny brass nut is tight with a dab of CA on it so that checks out fine. I may have to go with the DS 35 servo mod down the road sometime unless someone has other suggestions to cure the slop. This is the third time I've had issues with these stock tail servos.