Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Quickie TT Third Bearing Mod

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Quickie TT Third Bearing Mod

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 10:36 PM
BottomGun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quickie TT Third Bearing Mod

After looking on some forums I decided to try and make a simple mod for placing a third bearing in my 130X tail boom. I keptgetting that familiar grind/humming noise caused by the TT rubbing against the inside wall of the boom. I was also developing wobbles again even though I had exhausted every remedy before to cure this.I took the idea from some other posters so nothing toooriginal here. I used K&S 3/16" and 5/32" aluminum square tubing. I cut a one inch piece of 3/16th and 2 pieces of 5/32 at slightly shorter than 1/2 inch length. I took a spare Rakon TT bearing and placed it halfway down the larger tube using one of the smaller ones to push it downtill it was centered. The other smaller tube went in from the other side. The boom was in cut in half about 3 inches from the frame end and each side was slid into each of there ends and CA glued together after making sure the TT moved freely with everything mounted. I then put a light crimp on each end of the aluminum box to make sure things would stay where they should. Total cost was about three dollars plus the bearing if you didn't have one already.

I put about four flights on it tonight and no more coffee grinder noises or wobbles. I noticed no bogging orextra juice being used in the sameflight times judging from my charger readings. It runs very smooth and I don't get anyvibrations during spool up.There are several other methods to do this but I went as simple as I could with easily available supplies.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18579.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1820430   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30535.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1820431