Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Original Blade CP Question

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Original Blade CP Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 07:08 AM
bayfire300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Original Blade CP Question

Ok years ago I had a Blade cp (not pro)..It had the 4 to 1 gyro mixer thing. The newer CP pro 2 has a 2 to 1 w/ a seperate gyro on the tail boom.I recently got a Blade CP again and was wondering how and if I can get the boom mounted gyro put on it.
Is the blade boom gyro better than the 4 to 1 it currently has? I saw a CP on ebay that had the newer gyro but not sure how he did it...I am quessing he replaced the 4:1 w/ the 2:1 then added the gyro.

Any help greatly appreciated.. Thanks for reading

Otto
Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Original Blade CP Question

Yes, that's what he did. A CP+ has a new 'frame' that makes mounting a G-90 to it.
It , nor any other modification to a CP, CP plus,CP Pro are worth the time and/or money unless maybe you can get a used gyro in the 20 dollar range and have not more tha 30 bucks in all the improvements.Changing the 4-1 to a 2-1 requires some surgery with wiring changes.
Nowadays GREAT gyros like Spartans, GY520's and 401's are available used at the same prices the clunker G90's and 110's sell for.
I like E-Flite products. However, those helis are SO out of date, with performance that even "upgraded" is only pathetic at best compared to more modern standards.
To be frank they suck,and nothing will be learned but frustration. The E-Flite SR120 is a fine little trainer type heli that , even with a fixed pitch head, will teach you more about flying, both inside and outside, than one of those crates for very little money and amazing durability. Doug
Old 12-13-2012, 05:21 AM
bayfire300

Default RE: Original Blade CP Question

Doug thanks for your input... i wont waste money on it then I was curious since I got the cp and a boat load of parts,I figured I'd try and upgrade it to make it better. I agree the the cp was very frusttrating the 1st time i had one. I am going to try and be more patient lol
Thanks again
Otto