Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 130X ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 05:41 AM
rcagpilot83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 130X ?

I'm gonna be getting a DX7s this spring for my 1/5 rc guys agwagon, but also want to get a small cp heli to practice 3D. I have a EXI 450 but the few times I've crashed it the repairs haven't been too cheap. Figuring with the radio my first choice was Blade. The 130X with its size and weight if you have some altitude and you hit throttle hold I can't see the damage being too bad and replacement parts seem reasonable. My concern though is that for a $280 heli seems like alot of guys are having tail problems. One thing I see alot of is the one tail gears strips from the shaft and guys are glueing it to the shaft and that fixes the problem. Second issue I've seen is tail vibration. Blade along with most people say its due to the tail fin and to glue a carbon rod to it and that solves it, or putting the microheli carbon fiber tail fin on. The other reason I've seen for this vibration is due to side to side play on the tail rotor shaft and guys are just adding a couple spindle spacers. And yet another reason I've seen is that the tail boom needs to be pushed into the frame more. Now my ? is even with these issues and the price of the 130, is it worth getting? Seeing what this thing can do I have no problem spending that much on it and just having to make a few mods, but after these mods are there gonna be any other issues?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:01 AM
d12bn
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade 130X ?

I have 2 130's and love them. My first one which was one of the first sold had a little tail wag doing 3D. It needed a better pitch slider and tail shaft bearings. My second 130 flew great for 500 flights before needing some new tail parts. That's not including a few parts broken in crashes. The 130 is great and fly's like a bigger heli however it will make you work to keep it going after some crashes. The main issues I have had are bearings and servos not lasting long.
check out one of my 130's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTWJ02yatCY
Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blade 130X ?

One thing to consider is a walkera V120D02S. it is a great little bird, and the quality is far better than early walkera, it needs a better battery and a Ds35 tail servo to be up to snuff, but it does fly pretty damn good! some say flip rate is slower than 130 but with 130 blades and propper pitch management I think its pretty much the same. no vibrations of any sorts and with stock blades its very stable in FF flight

the bad thing is you need to use thier remote, and I know alot of people don't like switching between them (I have no issues with this)

IMO the 130 is a good bird, but it needs $40 bearings and a few other things to shine, and even then you still get vibrations, bad tail gears and twitchy servos that go dead too frequently, for $200 its worth it to me, its $90 overpriced.

also, if you where thinking about it, don't get the ncpx, its fun and flips well, but does VERY little in teaching you 3D