Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Informal poll: metal upgrades

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Informal poll: metal upgrades

Old 03-01-2013, 01:33 PM
ArrrCPirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Informal poll: metal upgrades

Rotor heads, swash plates, etc...
Worth the bucks, or just bling. Opinions ?

TIA,
GB Arrr...
Old 09-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Redharris

You can spend a LOT of $$$ on aluminum upgrade parts. It can quickly get to the point that your Micro SR 120 is as expensive as a stock Blade 400 BNF.
Aluminum upgrades MIGHT be worth it on the bigger Helis (400 and above) but not on the Micros,,,,,IMHO.
I will admit that they LOOK sweet though.....
Old 11-25-2013, 11:00 AM
jkirkon
My Feedback: (6)

I was about to ask the same question. I just started to fly a Blade 120 SR. After a couple of crashes, (and a set of blades), I have learned to hover, and some basic maneuvers. I was planning on staying with the 120 for a while before moving on to a Nano CP, but didn't know if I should stick with the stock head parts, or upgrade to the pretty CNC parts.

I have spent a good bit of time tuning the stock head, but it still has a bit of twitchiness to it. Will the CNC head improve upon that, or should I fly it as is, and put the money towards a CP heli?
Old 12-29-2014, 12:26 PM
canadian_jesus

I know I am bringing up an old thread, but I have the same question about my newer CP micro heli's. I am wondering if it would be worth the money to upgrade either my Nano CPX or my brushless mCPX BL with the aluminum parts. One of my major peeves about my older heli's is when the plastic nubs that hold the canopy in place break off. Will the upgrade frames that I can purchase on the internet hold up any better?