Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 180 QX Quad w/camera

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 180 QX Quad w/camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 07:32 PM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Blade 180 QX Quad w/camera

I picked one of these up. I was wondering if there was any one who has experience with this intriguing system.
Sparky
Old 01-13-2014, 07:28 PM
AH-64_d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought one a week ago after flying key fob cameras around with the MQX. The 180 QX is better behaved than the MQX when flown using comparable settings on my DX8. The camera is not as good as some key fobs, but it is nice to trigger photos or video thru the transmitter. I normally dampen key fob vibration by placing something squishy between the camera and airframe before rubber banding the camera to the MQX. I was not impressed with the Velcro strap used to hold a camera to the 180, but it does work. The videos show little or no "jello." The 180 QX labors along with a camera strapped to it, just like the MQX. The 180 comes with a 25C lipo instead of the 12C lipo supplied with the MQX. That said, the 25C lipo still gets warm when I lug the camera aloft. The camera lens can be pivoted to look ahead or down. I hot glued some small foam feet to the frame to soften landings. This is because the cameras flown on my MQX would get touchy and shut down in flight after they endured a few hard landings. I do not know if the 180's camera is that fragile, but I did not want to find out by having to shop for a replacement. The nano QX is a far better bird to fly indoors than either the MQX or the 180 QX. It borders on indestructible, which encourages you to do things with it that you would not try in a tight space with a bigger aircraft. I like the 180 QX and its camera to the extent that they help me practice flying a camera quad in my yard as opposed to driving to a flying site to fly a bigger camera quad.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:24 AM
elmshoot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

I have just did a search and there is a thread over on RC Groups that discusses these little mini cameras perhaps that is were you can learn more than this thread .
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...15052&page=565
Sparky
Old 02-19-2014, 12:07 PM
fbords

I don't have this one, but I researched it a bit as I have the mQX and love it. Here's another review I found: http://rc-deals.com/article/review-b...hd-quadcopter/. The only reason i ended up not getting one was I thought it was too similar to my MQX to justify the purchase.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:09 PM
AH-64_d

The 180 turned out to be a better camera platform than the MQX. I ditched its POS camera for a #16 and was pleased with the 180 stability compared to the MQX. However, the thing that I like the best about the 180 is its ability to fly acro compared to the MQX. The 2 quads are lightyears apart in ability.