Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Battery question for MCX2

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Battery question for MCX2

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:24 AM
TyroneFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Battery question for MCX2

My set of OEM batteries (120mAh 14C single-cell 3.7V lithium polymer battery pack) are in need of replacement. I'm going to upgrade to either 150 or 160 mAh. My question is will I notice a difference in performance between a 15C vs. 25C on an MCX2?
Old 12-22-2013, 11:03 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe you will. The motor is not high performance and won't be able to draw on what the 25c cell can deliver...as far as amps are concerned. You are just carrying around extra weight
Going to a larger mah cell will give you longer flight times though with a little extra weight.......at least it did on mine. I went with some 160/12c lipos and got longer flights but with the same performance as the stock 120/14c lipo.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:35 AM
TyroneFly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'm not really looking for an increase in performance as I am just wanting to maintain at least out of the box performance. Again, thank you.