Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade cx2, main spur does not mesh properly

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade cx2, main spur does not mesh properly

Old 02-11-2014, 12:28 PM
luckysmack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blade cx2, main spur does not mesh properly

I have wanted to get into heli's for a long time. I have been into offroad cars for about a year and after a friend got a heli, I decided to get one.

So I bought a cx2 and had it trimmed out by a friend. I flew it hovering no problem for about 45 minutes or so. But at one point, I crashed. Bound to happen. I had to replace the props, both prop shafts, the weights at the top, and the boom body.

But now when I spin the main shaft which does turn smoothly, the main spur for the inner shaft does not line up properly. on one side of the spur the mesh is good, but the other, is so loose the spur gears skip over the pinion for the motor. I had a guy at the shop look at it and he suggested putting a small shim under one side of the motor. Like a small peice of paper folded in half.

when the spur is not on everything seems to turn fairly smoothly. I was hoping others have had this problem and could show me where to look for issues. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:52 AM
AH-64_d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy at the store was not correct. Hope that you figured out your problem after studying the exploded diagram of the CX2. In any event, the inner shaft and its gear are separate parts. A bad crash can mess up the gear in the way you described. If so, you simply replace the gear, EFLH1243. Repairing the CX2 is the most useful part of owning a CX2. It will teach you how to troubleshoot and repair helis.