Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Just getting started.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:34 PM
R/C Madman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just getting started.

I have been into RC planes and heavily at one point into RC Monster trucks but I am now giving the Helis
a try.

I did some research and shopped around. I ended up getting 3 used micro's/nanos on the RCU Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

Picked up a Modified Blade CX2, Blade MCX and a Blade mSR for a total of $125.

I knew from my days of flying RC Planes that stock RTF radio gear was not going to cut it so I ordered a Spektrum DX6i
to make playing around with the new toys a bit more enjoyable.

It has been some time since I have charged up my trucks and the battery tech has changed in that time. What's a good
low priced charger and who makes the best economy lipo batteries well suited for the Helis I will be getting?
Old 01-01-2015, 02:10 PM
canadian_jesus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E-flite makes a Celectra 1S Variable Rate Charger that they package with some of their products. I know those are also sold separately. As for a battery, E-flite also makes a battery that will fit into your models which is rated at "1S 3.7V, 150mah, 25C maximum discharge" which sell new for just under 5$ and are made for their more current models. These batteries will work much better than the stock batteries which were originally sold for your heli's. I have never used any other brands, I buy all my R/C stuff from my local hobby shop which only stocks products sold by Horizon Hobby.