Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Tail Rotor Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Real2You

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tail Rotor Question

A friend bought a new Blade 450X and he has a Specktrum DX7s. He asked me a question I didn't know and hopefully there is an easy fix that someone here might know. When he gives input to the tail...it will go right or left like it should but it won't go back to 0 pitch on the tail rotor unless he manually gives it input. He is not able to "bump" the tail input stick because it will keep going left or right until he gives it input back. Am I explaining this right? I am sure there is a simple answer....I have just never had this problem before. Any thoughts?
Old 04-15-2015, 06:44 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let me guess..... You are looking at a stationary helicopter with no spinning blades, right?

Simple, your friend has a heading hold gyro installed on his helicopter.

It is completely normal.

Rafael
Old 04-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Real2You

Thanks for the reply....what he explained to me was that he spooled the helicopter up and was in a hover about 5 feet off the ground. When he gave it rudder input it spun even after he let off the stick. So to get it to stop spinning he had to give it opposite rudder input. Is that normal?
So if you wanted to do a 360 degree piro you would have to hold the stick til it turned the full 360 and when you let off the stick it would keep spinning until you stopped it by giving it opposite input? Am I explaining this correctly? You are unable to "bump" the rudder because the heli will keep spinning?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:22 AM
Rafael23cc

If the helicopter was flying, then there is something wrong in the programming of the gyro or radio. When I let go of the stick my heli it stops immediately. If you want to post some of the details of the programming and the brand and model of the gyro, someone may be able to help.

Rafael
Old 04-15-2015, 01:19 PM
Real2You

Thanks Rafael...I'll try to get more information. He was going to call Horizon Hobby and get some technical support and he might have already solved the problem. I'm curious how to fix it in case it ever happens to me(when and if I ever get a large electric)....because I have never flown a heli that didn't stop right away after letting off the stick.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:46 PM
Real2You

I thought he was in a hover but he was actually on the ground. Once in the air it all worked fine. You were right the first time Rafael...all is well(the goal).
Old 04-28-2015, 06:54 AM
Rafael23cc

Glad it was all resolved.

Rafael