E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Trying to get CP Pro 2 going again

Old 05-27-2015, 06:28 PM
lsitongia

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Trying to get CP Pro 2 going again

It's been a long saga with this heli. I never really got it going. I bought it BNF and bound it to my Spektrum DX6i, but it never really flew well. The ESC/Mixer burned out soon after that, and I replaced it, but still didn't seem to bind right. Couldn't get it off the ground well. I got ready to move, boxed it up, and then it was damaged in a flood. Another year goes by, on top of more years, and now I'm settled down and opening my helis up to assess the flood damage. I rebound it, and the lights seem to show right, but neither motor starts. It's getting hard to find replacement parts. I'm wondering if it would be possible to find upgrade parts more easily, for example going brushless. If you think that's a better option, can you recommend a main motor, tail motor and (from my limited understanding, I need a new) mixer/ESC? Thank you for your help.
==Leonard
Old 05-29-2015, 07:44 PM
Aframomum

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi Leonard,

Technology has evolved so far since those CPP days that you really should consider making it a shelf queen and looking to see the new stuff available today. I really wouldn't recommend trying to salvage the CPP due to frustrations trying to make it work. Look at Horizon to see some of the new advances out now: mcpx or blade 180 (to name just two) plus get a sim to help with rusty fingers.

Search this Thread