Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

blade 400 servo hookup

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 03:44 PM
coralcape
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blade 400 servo hookup

Got a swap met blade 400, need to know servo hookup using a e-flite micro 6 ch rcvr. Hooked it up using futaba pattern and pitch and roll seem reversed. Thanks , red
Old 01-15-2011, 05:58 PM
JPEE

Default RE: blade 400 servo hookup

ORIGINAL: coralcape

Got a swap met blade 400, need to know servo hookup using a e-flite micro 6 ch rcvr. Hooked it up using futaba pattern and pitch and roll seem reversed. Thanks , red
Hello Coral,

I am not quite sure what you asking, but I will try to help.

Aux 1........... is the pitch servo, I make the right side of the heli the pitch side.

Gear ............is the one yellow wire from the gyro

Rudder......... is the other wire from the gyro

Alieron........ .is id theAlieron servo which in the left side, or drivers side like a car.

Throttle....... is the wire from the ESC

Battery........ is only used to for binding the helicopter to your radio

Be sure to note the positive and negative polarity of the recevier! On the side of the receiver there is a small + - to show you which is which. Black and brown wires are negative. On that one gyro wire lead that only has two wires, the black wire goes down too

I hope that helps JPEE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51941.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1548558  
Old 01-15-2011, 07:13 PM
coralcape

Thanks JPEE for the quick response. I realize now I should have put more info. First I have very little knowledge of helos, I am comfortable in fixed wing. I am using a 72mz 9C futuba with a e-flite 6 ch micro receiver. I have the B400 manual, but it only refers to the spectrum setup. I guess what I need is the specific servo to channel hookup. I will try the info you sent and see how it goes. Thanks for the help. red
Old 01-15-2011, 10:13 PM
Solman

Gear ............is the red stab that has two wires from the gyro

Rudder......... is the other wire from the gyro
I believe you have it backwards. The single yellow wire is your gain wire and is suppose to go to the gear channel. That is if you are using the stock E flite gyro.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:35 PM
coralcape

Tried the hookup per instructions, no joy. The only control that works OK is the elevator. I think I need to get some info on programming the transmitter first and then do the receiver. I'll check at the field and see if I can find someone familiar with Futaba. Thanks again, red
Old 01-16-2011, 02:04 PM
JPEE

ORIGINAL: coralcape

Tried the hookup per instructions, no joy. The only control that works OK is the elevator. I think I need to get some info on programming the transmitter first and then do the receiver. I'll check at the field and see if I can find someone familiar with Futaba. Thanks again, red
Coral,

FIRST my good friend Solman caught my error. It is the single yellow wire from the gyro that goes to the gear prong on the receiver. I have corrected that error above as well. I have 7 helicopers and several different gyro's hence my rememberence error, I had another gryo pictured in my mind.

You cannot mix a Fatuba 72 mh FM radio with a any Spectrum receiver product. For more clarification you can contact Horizon Hobby FREE at:
Contact our Customer Support staff by phone at:
(800) 338-4639

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Saturday: 8:00 A.M. – 7:00 P.M. CST
Sunday: 12:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M. CST

Old 01-17-2011, 05:04 AM
coralcape

Thanks again for the followup. The receiver I'm using is compatible with the Futaba 72mz. As I stated I can get some control, but with the motor disconnected and checking the head movement, it is not as it should be. I will ask at the field today for some help. Thanks. red
Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 PM
coralcape

Well, rain today,no one at field. Took another shot at the transmitter and finally figured it out. Needed to activate the SR3 option and after a few servo arm adjustments helo is working OK. Thanks again for the info. red
Old 04-24-2016, 02:13 PM
Snowmonkey69

Could you help me with a tactic receiver because mine only shows channel 1 through 6 and a batt port.