Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade 120S Maiden with Spektrum DX6 3rd Gen

Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade 120S Maiden with Spektrum DX6 3rd Gen

Old 04-21-2018, 06:55 PM
Time2fly2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade 120S Maiden with Spektrum DX6 3rd Gen

There aren’t too many threads regarding the Blade 120S, so I thought I’d start one.

Just bought one this week and completed a maiden. The bird flies smooth. I chose to mate with a 3rd gen DX6. I have to admit, I bounced the ground more than a couple times. I was impressed with just how much of a beating this little bird can take. Here is a list of my first impressions:
When setting flight modes w/new DX6 - follow setup for DX7/DX9 - The blade manual for the 120S is confusing for setting up for DX6

Calibrate the bird for drift curve - my bird out of the box would drift with little to no wind, which was annoying

Ensure the main blades are tightened properly, mine were loose.

Buy extra tail rotor blades - Until I got use to ground effect I must have “performed” a boom strike 20 times and finally after popping off the tail rotor numerous times it finally broke - good thing they only cost $4.

I absolutely love the 120S - it’s easy to start on for a newb like me, but still very challenging which makes it fun. I was able to hover and perform basic circles within the first 15 flights. Perform drift curve recalibration after crashes. It resets the stabilization of the bird.

Hardest crash was was from around 100 feet, I felt like it was getting away from me, accidentally panicked and killed throttle, bird hit the ground hard and bounced, popping off the tail blade: amazingly enough, I popped the tail blade back on and it continued to fly. I love the design, so easy to work on.

How banged up can you let the main blades get before they should be changed?

I’m planning on posting pics soon

Anyone else have expertise or experiences to share regarding the 120S?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:16 AM
Mgfiest

you should probably buy a sim... save you on a lot of money in the long run.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:45 AM
Time2fly2001

I agree a Sim program would help, but the parts on this bird are so cheap and its so durable, I can't help but continue to practice with the real thing.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:16 PM
tomgreen

Default Blade

I to an new at this and have the 120 S2 and a DX6 G2. Every thing was going good when I popped the rear rotor blade off. Got it back on and just spins around in circles. Also I have the flute mode on switch B, but go from 0,1or 2. Any thoughts.