Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Bdavison's E-flite Blade Assembly

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Bdavison's E-flite Blade Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 07:18 PM
pitch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bdavison's E-flite Blade Assembly

hehe trying to picture that one...i have hit it in the kitchen and it was a mad scramble to get back to normal but i am trying to figure out how you hit it with your leg???
so i came home from work had a little daylight left thought i would practice more...everything was going not too bad did not crash just a couple not so soft landings but all were on the skids...then i took it up about 4 feet and my neighbors shed decided to jump out and whack my heli...the nerve...was a dumb place to put a shed right in front of the heli!? after that it was getting too dark and i ended it...wife thought it was too cool hitting the side of the shed...anyone wanna trade a wife for some spare parts? (hehe just kidding...maybe) but she does buy me more parts so i guess i will keep her...too bad though because it kinda felt like things were starting to click...maybe tomorrow [&:]
Old 08-25-2006, 08:56 PM
ct420

I was sitting in a lawn chair, and had the TX on my lap, but with my hands underneath it. I had it angled down so the antennae was pointing towards the floor. In that position, the IU switch rests gently on my leg.

One day, I was coming in for a landing, and just as the skids touched the floor, I must have moved just right, and my leg pushed the IU switch forward. My BCP did the funky chicken dance for several seconds until I turned the TX off. It was only after this that I realized what had happened

I no longer fly with the TX sitting on my lap... I was planning to mod the TX so I could arm and disarm the IU switch at will, but just haven't ever gotten around to it. Maybe I will do it one of these days...
Old 08-26-2006, 07:13 AM
IMAC781
My Feedback: (2)

Ct420 know this: It is IMMORAL to fly a heli sitting down. Just a JOKE, son! Maybe you need a TREX to break you out of this complacency
Old 08-31-2006, 08:05 PM
pitch

i have a question concerning the throttle trim...if i am setting the proportional with the trim all the way up, then when i am flying or hovering should the trim always be put back to full? if it is set this way then running with anything other than full would make it no longer adjusted...would it not. please help me to understand . i love this thread and i am new to helis. just bought a blade pro.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:59 PM
Psikelly

All I do is hover right now and a bit of slow FF and I always run my throttle trim right to the top so that I have a little more left stick travel.

All you can really do is try run it all down and all up and see what the diff is. You cant hurt anything by doing that.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:42 PM
pitch

yeah i seem to be leaning more to the trim all the way up as well. it seems to give you alot more left stick...that way i have more stick to get into trouble with but the hoevring was coming along better until i broke the main frame...now it is a bunch of parts on my kitchen table...thank you school of bdavidson!
Old 09-09-2006, 03:16 PM
sstamnes

On a different subject, does anyone have any experience with the Precision CNC Rotor Head produced by Microheli? The rotor head looks fantastic and incorporates the Bell Hiller Mixer and the machined swash plate. I found it through Horizon Hobby at: http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...Id=MHECP002HS3

I hate to upgrade to the E-Flite machined swash plate and Bell Hiller Mixer and then spend more money later on this rotor head.

Thanks

Shaun Stamnes
Old 12-02-2006, 07:10 AM
bluesteel212

ok gota problem i cant fig out i cant get lift on the on the blade cp i check the track it looks good.. fly bar looks level getting a little vibration if i hit ilde up i can get lift ( i am hold blade in had and i can feel it)
but if i take it off i just feel blades spinning and that is it

the 4in 1 i have is the smokey gray one i have motor red wire plug in bottom with red wire in bottom.

Any clues to what i should do?

Thanks

Tommy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51520.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	570314  
Old 12-02-2006, 11:18 AM
pitch

you may have the wires switched. check the rotation of the blades. the main rotor should be going clockwise and the tail rotor should be going counter clockwise.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The motor connections to the CP 4-in-1..
it pays to mark which lead is to which motor.
The channel assignments are for the Spektrum hack.

Name:	Qo41211.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	570385  
Old 12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
bluesteel212

ok the main rotor is going clockwise which side do you look at to check tail?

could it be the way i have the pitch set up i have them level

Tommy
Old 12-02-2006, 02:57 PM
drphoto

Tommy, tail rotor blade needs to rotate upward into the downwash of the rotor. (clockwise, when viewed from the rotor side)
Old 12-02-2006, 08:12 PM
bluesteel212

ok this is my wiring for the motor and from this view the tail rotor is going clockwise but at 50% throttle to 3/4 throttle i am not even feeling wind on my had or pull or push which i should.

so some i am missing or not doing correctly to get this heli to lift off.

Name:	Zx70288.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	570665   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb89734.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	570666  
Old 12-03-2006, 10:14 AM
pitch

just looking at the pic on the right the pitch seems to be downward by several degrees. is this a rebuild from a crash? did your heli just start doing this? did you unplug any of the servos from your 4 in 1? if you did you may want to check the sevros as per your manual and check on all the connections. also check your pitch.[8D]
Old 12-03-2006, 04:05 PM
bluesteel212

yea it was the pitch that is causing the problem its a rebuilt system.
fig that out last nite i notice the diff when i was idle up mode angle was different.
might have to replace the spindle also i am geting a little vibration.

Thanks pitch.

Tommy
Old 12-03-2006, 06:27 PM
pitch

I am glad everything worked out for you. It is a big pain to sometimes have a little problem. they are way too easy to overlook. get it fixed and get it back off the ground in the air where the fun is.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:29 PM
dISCOdAN

Hey guys, I'm new to the thread... although I have spent alot of time reading in here lately.
I just re-set my entire Blade according to Bdavison's instructions, will get a chance to try it out later today.
2 things I noticed were definately out of whack on my heli were: the swashplate was a little less than the 1/2" noted and not level, and the flybar was not centered very well.
Other things I have done to try and make my Blade more beginner friendly are: adding flybar weights, and moving the servo links in 2 holes.

I started on a Venom Ocean Rescue about 2 months ago, and have been playing with the Blade CP Pro now for about 2 weeks (following the Radd's flight school webpages) I was just getting to the point where I could keep it in a sloppy tail-in hover in my living room. I'm hoping the setup work I did today will stabilize her a little better. Soon I am moving into a new house which has a large undeveloped basement which I am looking forward to... very little indoor room for me to practice in for now.
A big thanks to everyone who contributes to all the info found on sites like these! They were useful to me when I got into offroad r/c racing, and proving to be even more helpful now that I am getting into r/c flight![8D]
Old 10-26-2007, 05:29 AM
NJLOAD

Great info here, I don't know if anyone has asked or not, but do you have this Assembly information in a PDF file format? It would be great to put in a binder for future reference.

Thanks for any consideration.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:17 PM
mrasmm

this might be a more printable version
http://www.lenshouse.net/cgi-bin/bladecp_index.cgi
Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 AM
rosetuned

id like to say thanks for this thread. i baught a used blade CP and i couldnt get it to hover, to stop spinning or anything. ive gotten my prop and gain set and my tail rutter is spinning counterCW and my mains are spinning clockWS and i have now been able to hover this heli stable.

So thanks again and you saved me alot of frusteration. also one last thing is it Normal for heli blades to spin opposit from each other? ive seen video's where they spin the same ways and they dont have the issues i was having with the spinning out of control.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:40 AM
dISCOdAN

I think what you are referring to is a counter-rotating heli... they are typically more of a beginner heli, and yes... would be easier to fly, but alot less capable. The Blade CX2 is a perect example of this.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:11 AM
mrasmm

the main rotor on model heli's should spin clockwise when looking at it from the top, and the tail rotor should come up over the top towards the back and then go down towards the bottom and towards the front, counter clockwise if you are looking at the passenger side (as in a car, not as in a real heli =P), and it should blow the air from left to right when looking at the rear.

real heli's are exactly opposite of that, except the rotation of the tail rotor (they do still blow the air the opposite direction though)
Old 09-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Chivone

Hi

I'm not sure if you'll see this question, but first, I'd like to say this: VERY NICE of you to take the time to explain the cp pro 2 with pictures for the assembly. MY compliments!
Now, for my question. What is causing my cp pro 2 to wobble, and be generally unstable in hovering? Blades are balanced and tracked. Head is assembled correctly. Looking at your thread, I'm wondering if my flybar has anything to do with it. You know, the wobble is generally a longwinded roundabout twirl, sort of like a top, and then it wants to go forward, causing me to counteract it going backwards, and hence, the "twirl".

It's causing me grief. It makes it very hard to fly.

Thanks for any answers in advance.