Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CNC Head for Blade CP

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 09:13 AM
rjm1982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CNC Head for Blade CP

Actually, the aluminum is about the same weight as the plastic, it does however, not flex as much, give better, more consistent control. This head though, i have seen and does feel noticably heavier than the plastic setup...which makes the heli more stable, not only is it weight below the blades (always helps stability) it is rotational weight which seriously helps the stability.

I dont understand why people always come into these threads, KNOWING what they are about, just to say "upgrades are useless" ...

If just for the "cool factor" alone, it would be worth it.

Stop wasting yours, and everyone elses time coming into a thread for the sole reason of putting down an idea...
Old 12-16-2005, 09:22 AM
deves

RJM1982: Would you say the added stability is due to a dampening effect, like adding weight to the fly bar? I'm worried about losing the stick response I gained by removing the fly bar weights. If I can get the same or better response And better stability AND the way cool looks... Where did I put my credit card....
Old 12-16-2005, 09:38 AM
rjm1982

I dont think the weight is enough to kill responsivness. Its not the same as the flybar weights. The flybar weights keep the flybar from tilting too fast, the dampening affect they have is because they add rotational weight to the flybar, making it harder to change its path...

The weight below the balde wont have this effect. Another benifit is that the second (cheaper, but better designed) head in this thread , the one thats not from helihobby, *LOOKS* like its a bell-hiller setup...it may not be, it doesnt say it is and the pic is kinda at a strange angle, but it looks like it to me...if it is bell-hiller, your control rate will increase substantially...you will get BOTH stability AND responsiveness increase...
Old 12-16-2005, 10:24 AM
TheX

ORIGINAL: ultraviolet

Aluminum parts for the Blade CP are simply a very poor investment.
The blade should be flown with the original plastic components only.

The best aluminum parts in the world will only make it crash that much
faster
That makes no sense at all. Have you been doing this long?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:20 AM
erickrm
My Feedback: (1)

ok now i have to fig out how to post this pic i have one that came out good and it is of all the extras goods and the head all togethere.. gimi a min and it will be up here

not much but unfortunately it is still at home and my Bird is in IRAQ so i cannot hook it up yet booohoooo
Old 12-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Motions

I see you went with the DD tail upgrade. Really good call.

I really want to know how this CNC head works out.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 AM
erickrm

How many of you guys think it is worth putting money into this bird?? i mean i am going to be at almost 900 bux byt the time i get back to iraq.... the Head was about 140 the bird was 120 then i am going to buy new electronics... Eclipse 7, BL main, BL tail, CC10 X 2, CC Gyro and then the extra parts for when ever i crash... I mean if anythng i guess i can just transfer parts to a new helo... but das just wa i thnk wa do you guys think?
Old 12-16-2005, 11:35 AM
erickrm

yea i bought more stuff but i have it more down the bed hahah i could nto fit everything i bought
Old 12-16-2005, 12:08 PM
Motions

Just my realistic opinion, but $900 BUX? I would never!!!!! For a couple 100 less you could have a Trex which is a much better bird.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:12 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

I wouldn't spend $900 on the Blade but I'm all for upgrades. I'm a proud member of the "more money than brains club", and I really don't have much money...
Old 12-16-2005, 12:53 PM
serpa4

The blade, contrary to popular belief, does have some advantages over the Trex.
Less complex, especially if you have to disassemble to repair
Easier to fix
parts are cheaper
I can get parts at my LHS
Can fly for 20+ minutes on cheap LiPo
Smaller for indoor flight
Some upgrades can improve performance greatly, DD tail, hiller setup, etc

For me, the BCP will last a couple years.
When the time comes where I really can truly fly better than the heli will allow, I will upgrade. But until I'm rock solid at inverted flight (mowing the grass), inverted nose in hover, tail first flight, etc. The BCP will work superbly and I have no concerns putting a $100-200 into upgrades. The time saved tearing down the Trex over the next couple years alone would be worth the money. Plus, the larger, 2000+ mah batteries required for the Trex would be a large chunk of $ also. I read someone doing 3D on a Trex, 2100mah, only got 6 minutes of fly time. No thanks, at least not right now.
Don't get me wrong, the Trex does fly much better(no personal experience with the Trex), more stable, handles wind better, etc, but for right now the BCP is the ticket for me.
And, at 20-30 degrees temp outside, Al parts will not become brittle like plastic.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:05 PM
Motions

ORIGINAL: serpa4

...I have no concerns putting a $100-200 into upgrades.
I agree with you completely. But $900 in upgrades?? Are you agreeing with that?
Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 PM
rjm1982

Sepra, i would get the t-rex once you have forward flight down, parts are widely available and about as cheap as the blade part...

The reason i say that, is the trex is exponentially easier to fly than the blade...you will probably crash less...and because of the setup of the trex ive been told that when you crash inverted (not slam in it, just drop the blades too far) it doesnt do much damage at all because of the head setup...where (ive done it) when you drop the blades inverted on the blade...it tears up more than a few peices of the head assy.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:36 PM
erickrm

well really the only upgrade i have done to the HB is the head and DD tail, now the where the big money comes to play is in Radio, and electronics that can easily be used on another micro.... I am not sayind 900 bux on the chassi alone bc i knwo i can get a Trex from Helihobby for about 400 with full CNC and graphite. I am just saying if it is worth getting a better radio receiver gyro ESC and BL motors and then when i am ready to move on to anotehr bird just transfer the parts over too easy right?or not as simple as it sounds?? What i was thinkin was when i am a good flyer just get the REX and give this one to my wife so she can lear once i get back home to the US of A .
Old 12-16-2005, 04:19 PM
kookboy

I'm sticking with my setup and agree with most posts in this thread about spending 100-200 on 'useful' and worthwhile upgrades on the BCP.

Here's my list and I'm happy with my spending so far:

Prices including shipping/taxes/etc..

Used BCP - $104.50
CNC Head - $115
DD Tail - $21.95
TP 1320 3S Prolite X2 - $75
CF blades - $25.45

= 341.90

I might go brushless and seperates, but so far, I can't think of any reason why I would when taking in the cost of it.

The CNC head is the only thing I have left to complete my wish list and if it performs as good as it looks or better, then I will be a happy camper.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:56 PM
power_crazed65

whats a DD tail, and i have ben flying for about 6 months, and i still cant do nose in flight, but i can do inverted and rolls and all that, inverted is just realy weird for me, i fly planes and if i didnt have that 100 foot cushion i would totaly crash, does any one have any secrets in nose in flight besides the sim. thing
Old 12-17-2005, 03:21 AM
erickrm

I guess i am just thinking of my next helo when i talk about getting all the electronics bc i can use them on the next helo right?? like the radio motors esc gyro i dont know i mean if i cant use them on the next helo then nevermind but really its the only reason for upgrading electronics...... proly just stay stock beside the tail and head. I am just affraid of burning out another tail motor.... it takes soo long to get parts to me. I wodering if there is any mod to cut down the voltage to the tail motor or somehting/?? i could have sworn i heard something about diods?? But i cant find the post anymore.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:21 AM
AlKoholic

I need to get a new head for my cp. I was waiting on the bell-hiller to be released,untill i saw this little gem. I had it all set to order then stopped to think. If any part on it does happen to break, do you have to buy the whole assembly again. I know that by all rights nothing should break, but its possible. I'd hate to have to dump another 110+ to fix a broken blade grip. I see there are seperate aluminium parts that can be made to work on the stock set-up, but i don't know if they would fit the new head.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:58 PM
serpa4

I was eyeballing this heli when I get much better:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2857
It seems to run fine on 1300 lips and if you watch the amazing video, it seems to fly quite well. Parts are supposed to be realitvely cheap also.
I think later the limiting factor on the BCP will be its head and tail. I'd really prefer a belt or shaft tail. Till I can fly the blade to the max, it will work fine.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:00 PM
serpa4

ORIGINAL: AlKoholic

I need to get a new head for my cp. I was waiting on the bell-hiller to be released,untill i saw this little gem. I had it all set to order then stopped to think. If any part on it does happen to break, do you have to buy the whole assembly again. I know that by all rights nothing should break, but its possible. I'd hate to have to dump another 110+ to fix a broken blade grip. I see there are seperate aluminium parts that can be made to work on the stock set-up, but i don't know if they would fit the new head.
Here is the reply I got when I emailed them about replacements:
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:03 AM
To: Lorne Serpa
Subject: Re: o-alu-esky-rotorhead : All Aluminum Rotor Head for Esky CP2 / Blade CP
Importance: High

Item No. Desc. price Qty per kit

E01 Ring push rod USD$6 2 sets
(2 pcs E01, 4pcs 2x8mm screw)

E02 Paddle control clamp frame USD$15 1 set
(outer) (1 pc E02, 2pcs, 2 pcs pivot ball)

E03 Main blade clamp USD$30 2sets
(2 pcs E03, 2pcs pivot ball, 2 pcs 3x5x1.5mm washer)

E04 Center hub USD$15/pc 1 pc

E05 USD$12/pc 1 pc

E06 USD$18/set 2 sets
(2 pcs E06, 4 pcs pivot ball, 2 pcs E06-mk-p special screw)

E07 Swash plate set USD$25 1 set
(1 pc E07-1, 1 pc E07-2, 1 pc E07-P1, 1 pc E07-P2, 1 pc E07-P4, 7 pcs pivot ball)

Dome cover set USD$5 1 set
(1 pc dome cover, 1 pc washer)

----- Original Message -----

To: [email protected]

Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 11:48 PM

Subject: o-alu-esky-rotorhead : All Aluminum Rotor Head for Esky CP2 / Blade CP

I’m interested in purchasing the aluminum head for my E-Flight Blade CP. However, I need to know if I can purchase parts separately for your aluminum head? I don’t want to have to buy a new head at $110 if all I need is a blade grip or fly bar. Thank for your reply.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:28 PM
erickrm

yes i have been reading and when i get better i am just going to go with a shaft driven bird or belt... but more than likely the next bird will be the REX oh yea....
Old 12-17-2005, 06:25 PM
kookboy

ORIGINAL: serpa4
Here is the reply I got when I emailed them about replacements:
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 1:03 AM
To: Lorne Serpa
Subject: Re: o-alu-esky-rotorhead : All Aluminum Rotor Head for Esky CP2 / Blade CP
Importance: High

Item No. Desc. price Qty per kit

E01 Ring push rod USD$6 2 sets
(2 pcs E01, 4pcs 2x8mm screw)

E02 Paddle control clamp frame USD$15 1 set
(outer) (1 pc E02, 2pcs, 2 pcs pivot ball)

E03 Main blade clamp USD$30 2sets
(2 pcs E03, 2pcs pivot ball, 2 pcs 3x5x1.5mm washer)

E04 Center hub USD$15/pc 1 pc

E05 USD$12/pc 1 pc

E06 USD$18/set 2 sets
(2 pcs E06, 4 pcs pivot ball, 2 pcs E06-mk-p special screw)

E07 Swash plate set USD$25 1 set
(1 pc E07-1, 1 pc E07-2, 1 pc E07-P1, 1 pc E07-P2, 1 pc E07-P4, 7 pcs pivot ball)

Dome cover set USD$5 1 set
(1 pc dome cover, 1 pc washer)
That's the same email I got from Benny. Looks like we're in business for replacement parts !!!

Old 12-18-2005, 09:46 AM
AlKoholic

cool now i have to convince the wife its worth 110 lol
Old 12-18-2005, 06:28 PM
tom_sandiego

Hello all.
Regarding to the weight of the blade, after so many times broke the landing gear i made by myself the landing gear with stainless stell tubing and wire. The total weight about 3 times of the original fiberglass one, It looks very good after assembled into my heli but due to the weight the tail kept moving to the right and I can't control it even i adjusted the gyro to the max on both trim. Well I removed and re-install the original landing then it fly no problem. I get they designed the Blade like that so if we add more weight to it i thing we look for more trobles.

Regards

Tom
Old 12-20-2005, 06:59 PM
kookboy

I'm still waiting on mine [&:]

There's already been a few people that have installed/ran the CNC head with success for those interested.

Here's one post :

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30...60/key_/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: albysurfin

Howdy Fellas,
I just picked up the Complete CNC head for the Blade (http://www.helihobby.com/html/blade_helicopter.html) and installed it today, and man it is sweet, the collective is soooo smooth. My Blade came with the 3 BB grips and they worked pretty good but there is no comparison as to how smooth this is, The touch downs are so much smoother and so much less jumpiness in altitude change. It is probaly not as fast as the Bell Hiller head out there but is definitely smooth as silk. I was able to dial my blade in tonight almost to the point where I can take my hands of the remote in a hover for quick second. The whole assembly really brings down the amount of corrective maneuvers you have to do on these things to hold it steady in a hover, makes it fly more like a Raptor .30 but a lot more agile if need be. The only issue I have had is the threading for one of the set screws to hod the fly bar was off, so I am not using that set screw hole, so I may actually go exchange it tommorrow; because when I spend money like that on a head it better be perfect!!!. but other than that, Its sweet!!! and it better be for the price

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.