Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

CNC Head for Blade CP

Old 12-12-2005, 02:19 PM
mwallin85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CNC Head for Blade CP

Hey I havent been playing with my Blade of late and today i was bored and found this replacment head for it and thought it was pretty sweet. Does anyone have this on their blade? Any thoughts on it? Also i have wanted to get a all metal head like this for awhile, is this the only one out?

Thanks
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM
mwallin85

Default RE: CNC Head for Blade CP

Forgot to post the link here it is http://www.helihobby.com/html/blade_helicopter.html
its the 5th product down the page
Old 12-12-2005, 02:35 PM
L0stS0ul

This one is the same thing, cheaper, and from a less contested location...

http://www.rc-expert.com/product-upg...esky-rotorhead

I would be interested to hear what people think of this upgrade as it's now been out for several months. I've only heard that people were buying it but then never saw any report on if it was a good upgrade or not. I've never seen a picture of a Blade or a CP2 with it installed.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:44 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Im seriously considering it now....I want that Bell/Hiller head like that on my blade, and a all metal one is even better. No more broken head parts.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Motions

I would love to have that head but paying more for a head than the whole model costs is not in my understanding.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:34 PM
erickrm

I just ordered mine a few days ago, but i am in iraq and i wont get it for a while since XMAS is comming up hahah but i will let you guys know how i like it when i get it..... I cant wait hahah....
Old 12-12-2005, 05:10 PM
ptgarcia
My Feedback: (36)

ORIGINAL: mwallin85

Hey I havent been playing with my Blade of late and today i was bored and found this replacment head for it and thought it was pretty sweet. Does anyone have this on their blade? Any thoughts on it? Also i have wanted to get a all metal head like this for awhile, is this the only one out?

Thanks
I ordered the X-Pro swashplate (I think that's the swash that comes with this head) and it was a horrible fit so I sent it back. The swash was really loose on the main shaft and the balls were too big for the stock Blade links. I bought the E-flight swash and it dropped right in, no issues.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:55 PM
erickrm

oh ohhh! da cant be good specially not for me it would take forever to send it back from here and then get one back hahaha.... How long ago did you buy this??? i wonder if this problem has been resolved?? I though HeliHobby was a good reputable company... It looks really professional and well i guess that is why i bought the head from there instead of RC-Expert.. but idont know maybe i made a mistake???
Old 12-12-2005, 06:01 PM
ptgarcia

ORIGINAL: erickrm

oh ohhh! da cant be good specially not for me it would take forever to send it back from here and then get one back hahaha.... How long ago did you buy this??? i wonder if this problem has been resolved?? I though HeliHobby was a good reputable company... It looks really professional and well i guess that is why i bought the head from there instead of RC-Expert.. but idont know maybe i made a mistake???
I bought the X-Pro swash on 11/23/05. I sent it back this past Thursday.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:57 PM
kookboy

I ordered the X-Pro swashplate (I think that's the swash that comes with this head)
I don't think it's the X-pro one (that's not intended for the BCP)

I ordered the CNC head from rcexpert. We'll see when it gets here.

I emailed them about the specifics and according to their email and the pictures I have seen,
"the entire CNC head with the swashplate will 'drop in' the Blade's CP configuration without modifications necessary. " is what the info@rcexpert email to me this morning.

Looks good. Can't wait to get it. Shipping was cheap
Old 12-13-2005, 11:27 PM
zener42

Well, comparing the pictures from both places, it looks like the exact same picture. I hope yours fit better.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:33 AM
deves

I went to order of of these, and was told not to buy it because of the extra head weight. Just something to consider....
Old 12-14-2005, 11:06 AM
bdavison

We will have to wait and see what kookboy's opinion of it is once he gets it and installs it.
If it fits, and doesnt weigh too much, that head should fly really well.

We will see.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:10 AM
deves

If it flies well I'm getting one too. They look great!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Motions

It looks like it would be way too heavy for the BCP. I think I would consider it if someone got it and said it was worth it. I'm so tired of all the slop from plastic parts. It would probably pay for itself after some time just by not having to replace and rebuild the plastic head.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:51 AM
ptgarcia

It would be nice to be able to get all the individual aluminum parts separately. That way the suspect areas could be replaced without 1) spending a fortune and 2) adding excessive weight.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:22 PM
L0stS0ul

That's why I've been asking for the center hub and rotor head. Only 2 parts IMHO that really could use the precision of CNC on this heli. The rest don't bother me.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:26 PM
ptgarcia

ORIGINAL: L0stS0ul

That's why I've been asking for the center hub and rotor head. Only 2 parts IMHO that really could use the precision of CNC on this heli. The rest don't bother me.
I agree.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:55 PM
kookboy

ORIGINAL: Motions
I'm so tired of all the slop from plastic parts. It would probably pay for itself after some time just by not having to replace and rebuild the plastic head.
That's why I got it. No slop and no breakage like I'm getting with the plastic parts.

I don't think it will be too heavy because it's aluminum. @ least I hope not. [&:] If it's too heavy, then I'll either upgrade to brushless, send it back or sell my whole package on Ebay where someone will pay big bucks for it because of looks (50% of people buying Blades on ebay probably have no idea the time and patience needed to learn to fly it properly and get it because it looks cool and is an RTF package.)

When I get it in the mail, I'll let you guys know.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 PM
fire@forthall

kookboy not to be rude but it is people like that that give people like me a bad name if you are going to sell some thing that isn't going to work in the first place but will sell due to looks that gives everyone here a bad name as well!!

just a thought
Old 12-14-2005, 10:51 PM
kookboy

ORIGINAL: fire@forthall

kookboy not to be rude but it is people like that that give people like me a bad name if you are going to sell some thing that isn't going to work in the first place but will sell due to looks that gives everyone here a bad name as well!!

just a thought
Sorry about that commment. It came out wrong I guess. [:'(]

What I meant to say is that if for some reason it does not work with my Blade specifically, I will either try and return it or sell it to someone who will have use for it either as a BCP head replacement in a brushless BCP combo or in a CP2.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:53 PM
kookboy

Good news. Received an actual phone call believe it or not from RCExpert (I left them an email with my contact info) about shipping the CNC head to me. It's been shipped. I spoke with the rep for a few mins (hard to understand his english but he was pretty knowledgeable) and he assured me that some of his co-workers have put the CNC head on their Blade's and they are very smooth. I'm still taking this with a grain of salt because I won't know until I have it in my hands, weight it, compare it with the plastic head and then install/test it.

Still... getting excited about it and looking forward to an alum head for this puppy.

I'll be very happy if it's a drop-in fit like Helihobby and RCexpert claims. I don't think the rep was 'supposed' to say it, but he said they get it from the same manufacturer.

Looking forward to it ! And I will post my test results and pics as soon as I get it.
Old 12-15-2005, 09:53 PM
ultraviolet

Aluminum parts for the Blade CP are simply a very poor investment.
The blade should be flown with the original plastic components only.

The best aluminum parts in the world will only make it crash that much
faster
Old 12-16-2005, 12:00 AM
power_crazed65

um im gona have to disagre, the more metal pices you have the better itll withstand a crash, in my opinion, but i could be wrong the extra weight might make it unstable and crash but dont you think the manufactors would have done some R&D before they released it into the market
Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 AM
erickrm

Well i jsut got my head for my helo from HeliBoy i will take pictures of it later today and show it off muahahah I have not had time to install it yet madd work right now but i will eventually and i will post pics of it insalled.... It's dead sexy by the way not heavy at all deff lil heavier than stock but not by much everything moves freely and looks very well made. I will post the pics up later after work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.