Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Need Advice please help

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Need Advice please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:24 AM
stunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice please help

Any suggestions to help me resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated. First off I am flying a BCP with li-po, aek and a stock tx. Today I was flying, 1st flight flys great, 2nd flight, as soon as I take off, whenever I give right or left cyclic input (roll right, roll left), both rear servos twitch almost all the way up or down and the blade almost crashes. Ive found out that if I just touch the right stick, the rear servos twitch. With motors unplugged in normal and idle up mode, moving the throttle stick up or down moves all 3 servos up or down, they do not twitch when doing this. I plugged 1 of the rear servos into where the front 1 goes to check operation, it was smooth. I plugged the front servo in rear servo channel and servo started twitching. It only happens at about neutral stick, anymore then neutral they are smooth. I think it has to do with the signal coming from tx, or the signal coming out of 4 into 1 going to rear servos???
Old 05-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Loswave

Default RE: Need Advice please help

That's certainly a unique problem... I can't really think of a reason for it either. I'd check you batteries in the Tx, and the crystals I suppose. Otherwise, all I can think of is that perhaps your 4 in 1 is having problems, even then I'm not sure what they could be, it seems you've determined that it's not a servo. Although it may be worth checking each servo by itself, in each channel, because I've had servos themselves be the cause of the interference. The more I think about it, the more likely it seems... Let me know how that test goes.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Crash Bandicoot

Not trying to insult you but I had the same problem on an airplane and it was my trim setting on the Tx. Just my .02 [&:]
Old 06-01-2006, 10:33 AM
stunt

I have the problem temp. fixed. Have a feeling it will come back. Dont know what happened but now all of a sudden everything works good. I figured I would unwrap the antenna and check for a break or something. Had the antenna completly unwound and striaght, no rotor head on it and no motors plugged in, rear servos twitched bad at nuetral stick. I popped out both of the crystals and reinserted them, still twitching.

And this is the part that fixed it, maybe someone can shed some light on this for me. I held the tx to the 4 into 1 so both crystals were touching, when I did that there was no more twitching. Touching the crystals together fixed the prob. dont know why and pritty sure it will be back, unless this makes sense to someone. Dont know why it started twitching, dont know why its fixed but I have had about 15 flights scince and it has been fine. I will continue to fly 2 packs a day till it happens again.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:00 PM
nanner117

as dumb as this is gona sound I have a simmalur problem and it only happened whens the batt in my TX is below half so try checking your batt
Old 06-01-2006, 06:51 PM
stunt

While I was having the problem I fully carge my tx batteries and rear servos till twitched everytime. Believe me I know low batt can do freaky things. Weird though as soon as I touched crystals together all glitching stopped instantly, and has been good ever scinse.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
wired203

Possibly a faulty ground on one of the 2 allowing for static buildup and the crystal touch discharged it to the one with a good ground. This can easily be tested if it occurs again by touching the crystal and bare metal of your PC case to discharge the static.