Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Blade CP inverted flying

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CP inverted flying

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP inverted flying

Hi, ive been flying the heck out of my blade CP, its my 2nd heli next to the CX. But i can fly it really well now as for hovering and flying around in circles. i have rolls down good, and loops are getting there.
Im working on inverted now, but everytime I roll it inverted, it keeps on coming down. i cant keep it in one spot.
I have the upgraded carbon fiber blades, upgraded areobatic motor, 3cell li-poly, and a mixer on it.
I still dont know much about that idle up, i switch to that during aerobatics but when I go inverted im usually at full throttle, should I got below half throttle to change the pitch?? Im still new to helis. Im trading my one flying buddy this weekend for my one airplane for a 60size raptor. cant wait. Also do they make a better landing gear for these then the plastic landing gear. I keep on breaking them all the time.
Ryan
Old 06-09-2006, 09:03 PM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Blade CP inverted flying

When flying in idle up mode, neutral pitch is center left stick. Positive pitch is up and negative pitch is down on the stick. There is no off for the motor when in idle up. You need to move the left stick down to get the negative pitch in order to hold inverted. If you crash remember to get back into normal mode so you can turn off the motor.

Chris
Old 06-11-2006, 11:22 AM
wcc963

the first reply has the pitch problem down. but here is a site that sells cnc metal upgrades including full metal rotor head. metal landing gear and a bunch of other great parts. Im getting a blade cp on tuesday and looking forward to getting some of these upgrades on my heli. they even have a ductedfan upgrade for a tail rotor... they have everything to trick out your blade cp, cx, or honeybee.

http://helihobby.com/html/blade_helicopter.html
Old 06-11-2006, 09:06 PM
SkymonkeyONE

As much money as I have spent on replacement frames, skids, and mainshafts, I am an idiot for not already buying that complete replacement CNC frame. Ugh. At least I was finally smart enough to get the plasti-blades!

It fascinates me that I can fly my Stryker (and other planes) so well, but I suck so completely bad with my CP. Thank god I am 42, retired, and can afford spare parts!

Chuck
Old 06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
gencollon

lol, you have done rolls and loops without going to negative collective? (gutsy move) i think that you should get some simulator time before you try to sustain inverted flight....
but if you want to keep going, when you fly inverted, you are going to use negative collective, which is (in idle up mode) the lower half of the throttle curve.....
(wait, what am I explaining this for, i have seen the blade cp manual................. you HAVE read the manual..... right??? it shows what idle up 1 does)
so to climb upwards while inverted, you would bring the left stick (for mode 2) down to the bottom of its range.....get it?
You should be flying at least symmetrical blades when you try this, as the standard blades should just stall at high inverted angles of attack.

okay, so you want to do a roll, keeping it axial, (unlike what's been happening)

first, transition to forward flight, apply half to full right or left cyclic. While doing this, you will be reducing the positive collective smoothly, and bringing it closer to the middle. When the helicopter is 90 deg. from horizontal (perpindicular to the ground) you should have 0 degrees of collective (the throttle stick should be right in the middle). Now, as the helicopter passes 90 deg. and begins the inverted segment, you should be smoothly feeding in NEGATIVE collective (bringing the stick down past halfway, this will cause the blades to reverse their pitch; so they will now be pushing air downwards at the ground, even though the heli is upside down) again, after the heli passes its horizontal to the ground phase, you should smoothly transition the collective to 0 deg. when the heli is vertical to the ground. go back to positive collective as your heli comes back right-side-up, and you have just flown the most beautiful roll you have ever done.

Old 06-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Ryan Nau
My Feedback: (54)

thanks for the help! that helps alot. i never got a manuel with mine, i bought it used but new. I been flying the blade about 3-5 times everyday and getting the inverted hovering down pretty good now. I'll soon work on flying inverted circles and so on.
Ive been flying airplanes for 16 years, mostly areobatic and 3D flying, and im new to the heli stuff, but i am having an awesome time with it and having a blast. Cant wait to get the glow one going!