Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Spektrum DX6 Setup

Old 09-01-2006, 04:45 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX6 Setup

Anyone got a basic DX6 Setup guide written or posted somewhere for the Blade CP Pro?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:25 AM
drphoto

Default RE: Spektrum DX6 Setup

I'd like to see someone post on this too. I've had way too many glitches w/ the stock radio. The technology of the Spektrum sounds interesting, and the price is nice.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:13 AM
Psikelly

Horizon actually recommends the DX6 as an optional radio for the pro.
If you look in the Pro manual it gives you the address to go to that shows the complete setup guide to use the Spektrum on the Pro. Its on Horizons website but I havent looked yet so I dont know exactly where to find it
Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Psikelly

Ive been looking at Horizon to find out how to do it and I think theyre full of sh$t. I cant find anything on there.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:08 PM
drphoto

Yup, I downloaded the manual, and it says go to the horizon website for info. Catch-22.

nice job on your ship. I'm going to paint my canopy sometime this week.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
Psikelly

If you guys find out how to convert to the DX6 on the CP post here cuz I wanna do that too. Runryder has some info on it but I cant seem to find a search option there and cant seem to actually find it.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:52 PM
drphoto

Hey Badz, I know this is off topic, but that is a cool avatar pic. Is that a real F16 or one of those nifty gas turbine RC versions?
Old 09-04-2006, 04:53 PM
badz

I got the basic setup on the Spektrum...I'll post it all later I had to swap two of the servos to get it working right...but everything works good now and no more glitches...mine was bouncing itself across my garage with constant glitches on the stock radio.

drphoto..yes it's a real f16 a test bird I got the avatar off Air Force website...We have falcon west demo team here in utah and they do alot of low flyover in fullburn awesome looking, ashame we aren't allowed camera's on the flightline.

Here's what I entered in my radio for setup on the dx6 with cp pro
d/r 100%
exp 40%
subtrims 0
trv adj +/- 100%
hld 0%
pln 0% - 50% - 100%
pls 0% - 50% - 100%
plh 0% - 50% - 100%
tln 0% - 50% - 100%
tls 100%
ts2 100%
all pitch 0% - 50% - 100%
norm thrtl 0% - 50% - 100%
idle up 100% - 100% - 100%
ccp-on
cp2 +60%
cp3 +60%
cp6 +25%
+/- 10% - collective

I also had to swap the two rear servos around to make everything function right.....the settings work alright for me....I'm sure they can be better or improved but they will get it flying ok.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:54 AM
darnoff

Hi Drphoto

I have installed a Spektrum DX6 on my Falcon 3D and I have A LOT of doubts in the process...maybe you can help me with some advices.

As far I can get, the Throttle curve means:

0% = Stick down
50% = Stick on middle
100%= Stick on top

That means for each porcentage number there are an association with a specific stick position.

The Pitch curve is very similar, but I don't understand how can I associatte the numbers of the Pitch curve (0%,50%,100%) with the pitch angle of the blades in each control point.

So, the question...how can I modify the angle of blades with the programming features of the radio?

I hope you can understand my question, thanks and best regards

daniel
Old 08-02-2007, 12:26 PM
TheBum

ORIGINAL: darnoff

I have installed a Spektrum DX6 on my Falcon 3D and I have A LOT of doubts in the process...maybe you can help me with some advices.

0% = Stick down
50% = Stick on middle
100%= Stick on top

That means for each porcentage number there are an association with a specific stick position.
Each incremental point on the throttle curve represents a stick position (i.e. the first point is down, the second is middle, and the third is up) and the percentages represent the percentage of full throttle to apply at those stick positions. You'll usually see that a throttle curve is not linear (the mid-stick throttle is typically greater than 50%) because the output power from a motor is not linear.

The Pitch curve is very similar, but I don't understand how can I associatte the numbers of the Pitch curve (0%,50%,100%) with the pitch angle of the blades in each control point.

So, the question...how can I modify the angle of blades with the programming features of the radio?
The percentages will vary depending on the maximum/minimum pitch of the helicopter. You need a pitch gauge to determine that. The Finless CCPM setup videos are really helpful for this purpose. Once you know the pitch range that the heli is capable of, you can determine the percentage that represents a pitch angle. For instance, if the heli is capable of +/- 12 degrees of pitch, 0% in the pitch curve is -12 degrees, 25% is -6, 50% is 0, 75% is +6, and 100% is +12.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:54 PM
darnoff

THANKS A LOT, TheBum

Huge help for me....for first time I get what is the meaning of those curves and the potencial effect on my heli...again, thanks and regards, I will try a few setups today following your guidance

daniel
Old 08-02-2007, 04:27 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: darnoff

Hi Drphoto

0% = Stick down
50% = Stick on middle
100%= Stick on top

I hope you can understand my question, thanks and best regards

daniel
As far as I know, the Falcon 3D is a shaft tial driven heli. If thats correct then the setup for the TREX with DX6 should be close to what you need. I also converted the Dx6 and CPPro settings to fly my Esky Honey Bee King V2 by changing only the swash setting on the pitch channel to negative rather than positive. I don't know which way your swashplate moves to increase pitch, the HBK2 pushes the HBK2 swash up away from the frame, the CPPro pulls down on the swash.

Heres my settings for the CP Pro and the DX6:

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Ig12439.txt (1.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 08-02-2007, 06:33 PM
badz

I'll have to break out the cp and charge it up and try these ArrowNaughtic, I've been flying the nitro's and gaser I got so haven't tinkered with my electrics in a while
Old 08-06-2007, 08:51 PM
darnoff

Thanks for your comments. The setup file you attached will be a guide for my next setup, thanks a lot.

I have already installed my Spektrum Radio on Falcon 3D, I have replaced the stock receiver and leaving the same servos for now.

I have tried several changes in the Throttle and Pitch curves, I have realized there are huge changes on the heli behavior depending the % number I setup on the radio.
The same bird goes from uncontrolled mad heli to a quiet butterfly flying in front on my nose...only changing the pith numbers. It was a great experience!

Now I am gona try the settings you suggest on Dual rate and Exponencial...after that I will publish my own setup here for share.

Thanks again and best regards

daniel