Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

will a cp charger charge this?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

will a cp charger charge this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 03:22 PM
bayfire300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will a cp charger charge this?

hi all i wanna switch to li-po's for the cp......will the cp lipo charger charge these?

http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...roducts_id=635

thanks
otto
Old 09-21-2006, 03:27 PM
shag555

Default RE: will a cp charger charge this?

As long as you're using the LiPo charger and not the NiMh charger you'll be fine... Just longer charging time with the little black box.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:31 PM
orlbuzz

bayfire,
look about two or three threads down and you will find this:

I have two of these batteries, (lipos), and they work with the Pro balancing charger.
They have about eight flights on each one so far. I do two eight minute flights per lipo, but most people say they fly them twenty minutes.

As shaq said, IF you are using the lipo charger. Be sure to use an 8 or 9 tooth pinion too.

orlbuzz
Old 09-21-2006, 03:37 PM
jent

that battery is a POS....don't buy it....save your money till you can afford a thunder power. I got one of those and wish I had never wasted a dime on that battery pack.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:51 PM
orlbuzz

jent,

why are they a pos? I have two, get at least 16 minutes of flying ( I don't try for more) and I have 8 flights on both of them!
A lot of other people have reported good results with them too.

Just MHO!

orlbuzz
Old 09-21-2006, 03:58 PM
bayfire300

ok thanks guys........why the 9tooth tho?

otto
Old 09-21-2006, 03:58 PM
orlbuzz

jent,

ok, i just read your post in the other thread. Looks like you had some problems with yours. Did you change your pinion to 8 or 9 tooth? I have a pro, so that comes with the 9 tooth pinion. If you do have the 8 or 9 tooth, I would send it back. I've been happy with mine.

orlbuzz
Old 09-21-2006, 04:02 PM
orlbuzz

bayfire,

from Horizon:

Product Bulletin:
Blade CP RTF Electric Micro Heli[EFLH1100]

Main Motor, Pinion, Heat Sink, Battery and Main Blade Configurations

When using the recommended main motor, pinion, heat sink and battery configurations we have experienced very good main motor life (better than any other models in this class). We have main motors in stock and Aerobatic Enhancement Kit equipped models with more than 100 flights that continue to perform very well.

For those who may be experiencing premature main motor wear, it is likely the result of excessive current draw causing damage to the motor rather than brush wear. Excessive current draw can be the result of using the wrong main motor, pinion, heat sink and battery configurations, improper gear mesh or constant power on blade strikes and crashes (shock damage). For these reasons you MUST follow the power system configurations recommended to achieve expected motor life. These configurations are:

EFLH1110A - 370 Main Motor with 8-Tooth Pinion:

For use with 3-cell Li-Po packs and flat bottom main blades. This is the most efficient setup for long duration hovering and basic sport flying when using 3-cell Li-Po packs. Must use a heat sink (EFLH1132).

EFLH1110B - 370 Main Motor with 9-Tooth Pinion (Included with Aerobatic Enhancement Kit [EFLH1168]):

For use with 3-cell Li-Po packs and flat bottom main blades for hovering and sport flying, with less duration than when using the main motor with 8-tooth pinion. Also for use with 3-cell Li-Po packs and symmetrical main blades for sport flying and aerobatics. Must use a heat sink (EFLH1132, also included with Aerobatic Enhancement Kit).

We suggest 860–900mAh packs for all-out aerobatics with durations up to 15 minutes and 1200–1320mAh packs for basic aerobatics and longer durations up to 25 minutes or more.

EFLH1110C - 370 Main Motor with 10-Tooth Pinion (Included with the stock BCP heli right out of the box):

For use with 8-cell Ni-MH packs and flat bottom main blades for hovering and sport flying. This is the most efficient setup for long duration hovering and basic sport flying when using 8-cell Ni-MH packs. DO NOT USE THIS MOTOR AND 10-TOOTH PINION WITH 3-CELL LI-PO PACKS AS IT WILL DRAW EXCESSIVE CURRENT RESULTING IN SHORT MOTOR LIFE, EXCESSIVE RF NOISE POTENTIALLY CAUSING RADIO “GLITCHES” AND DAMAGE TO THE 4-IN-1 ON BRIEF BLADE STRIKES OR EVEN DURING FLIGHT. Use of a heat sink is optional (EFLH1132), though it can help to improve duration and motor life.

orlbuzz
Old 09-21-2006, 04:32 PM
jent

ORIGINAL: orlbuzz

jent,

ok, i just read your post in the other thread. Looks like you had some problems with yours. Did you change your pinion to 8 or 9 tooth? I have a pro, so that comes with the 9 tooth pinion. If you do have the 8 or 9 tooth, I would send it back. I've been happy with mine.

orlbuzz
I also have a pro which comes with the 9T...Maybe I just got a lemon. But I wont risk it with cheap batteries any more.

Also I did forget to menchine one thing....I live at altitude (about 5k feet)....so my heli's have to be in top notch condition to fly. Any serious on the blades and I can't get enough lift to even get above a couple inches. It is a lot harder to fly here where the air is thinner...soon I will just install the brushless and I should have plenty of power even at altitude.