Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

flybar question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 02:41 PM
bayfire300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flybar question

hello everyone,
i noticed some heli's have the flybar under the main blade and some are above the main blades..........what better or worse?......does it make a difference?

i'm curious

otto
Old 09-22-2006, 04:40 PM
choppersrule

Default RE: flybar question

bayfire300,

Ummm, ummm, I don't have a clue. But that is a good question, I've notice that my Blade CP and Pro are on the top and my Falcon is on the bottom. May have to do with linkage stuff. Or flyability?

Dave / Choppersrule [8D]
Old 09-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Psikelly

Yah my MX is under the blades also. I may be wrong but is this on all larger helis?? Like the Falcon, MX and TRex etc.?? It may be because of the high headspeeds and with the flybar under the blades it possibly slows the cyclic response?? This is only a guess. Id like to know for sure why also.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:40 PM
sox101

Hmm, I have been wondering this myself too. But as the t-rex is used alot for extreme 3d, why would you want the cyclic response dampened?
Old 09-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Psikelly

The only reason I think its to dampen is because of the extreme torque and headspeed the bigger helis produce. On my MX Ill be running an Align 3550KV motor. Even with an 11 tooth pinion its gonna be getting about 2700 rpm. With that kind of headspeed I would think it would be twitchy if it wasnt dampened. But like I said. Im only guessing at why the paddles are under the blades. This is only a hypothesis. The real reason could be totally different lol Im just tossin ideas for conversation.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:30 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Its a design consideration but in the end it doesn't matter as long as its designed well, put together slop free and controled by a quality servo system.

I have two 50 sized machines, the Raptor has the over head flybar, the EVO 50 has the underslung fly bar and they both 3d like mad, besides, when you're inverted its all backwards anyways!
Old 09-23-2006, 12:54 AM
choppersrule

It's all science and total design stuff. Not to worry. Just go fly.

PSI, how's the Capt'n.

Dave / Choppersrule [8D]