Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Fried...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 01:42 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fried...

Well, I was hovering the CP pro around indoors tonight and I had set it down and left the battery plugged in and the transmitter on with full batteris while i went to grab a drink. I take like 5 steps away from it and I hear a gently whir, a few ticks, and as I turn around I see smoke coming from the heli...

I unplug the battery asap, but by then the tail motor wires are melted and the 3 in 1 is fried.

Somehow, the tailmotor must have kicked on full but the main motor didnt and it fell on its side and the tail blades got jammed on the floor.....

So the main motor seems fine and wanst hot, but the dual tailmotors are dead (one for sure) and the wires melted and when I went to pull the tail motor wires from the 3 in one, the posts form the 3 in 1 came with the wires

So, Does anyone have any idea what happened??? The transmitter didnt move, it had the antennae up and the throttle stick down, wasnt in idle up. I have super skids on the heli and the antennae wire was run through the antennae tube and hasnt given me any glitches before. The batt was at about half life or so.

the transmitter was set about 10 feet from the heli.

any ideas?

And also, I guess I need a new 3 in 1. Is there a better one to get han replacing stock ofr stock, or should I stick with the eflite one?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2006, 07:09 AM
HeliTB

Default RE: Fried...

Stick with E-flite, just install a fuse on both motor leads to protect your investment. There is thread that explains how to install fuses on the main and tail motor to protect from the very thing that happend to you.

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing what R/C devices our neighbors have, someone could have switched on something that hit your frequency. Flying in your neighbor or in your house is scary proposition. What may want to by is a frequency checker.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:21 AM
jent

sounds like radio interferance.....In my hood I offten get glitches/interferance when I set the transmiter on the ground. If they heli is powered the transmiter is usally in hand.....if I have to set it down I usally have the antenna half extended and sitting straight up. I also recomend installing the fuses, I even added a little extra weight in having a fuse holder for easy replacment. Although I have never burnt out a fuse it is nice to know that there is a little extra protection.

As for the 3 in 1.....your best to just stick with it unless you want to go brushless and/or have a heading hold gyro. Then it might be worthwhile to check out the advantages of getting individual components.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:02 PM
choppersrule

dustin7837,

If you get glitches pretty regularly, you may want to consider getting a new set of crystals on a different channel.

Food for thought,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 10-07-2006, 01:18 AM
dustin7837
My Feedback: (1)

Thats the first time I have ever had any kind of glitch...

Guess i just gotta spend the cash on new tail motors and 3 in 1, and I am definately putting in some fuses!!!