Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

green light turns red in flight..

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

green light turns red in flight..

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 09:26 PM
savage 40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default green light turns red in flight..

Okay here are the changes in my cp pro. Recent tail motor ( maybe 1 hour on it, super skids (with holes drilled in legs for wieght reduction). plastic symetrical blades and increased pitch as per Plastic blades website. The rest is all stock. I noticed lately that when I give full throttle the green light turns red when flying is this normal, I never noticed it before. This thing seems real uncertain than it was before. I mean today I was flying and give it small amounts of rudder when all of a sudden the tail starts to reall get torqued as I increase to compensate it seems to lag then BAM it over corrects.. What could this be? is the added weight causing this to happen? it seemed to fly so good and for alot longer before I switched the landing gear ( it is supposed to add 1.5 oz) Or in the last crash did I tweek the 4 in 1? thanks!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:35 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: green light turns red in flight..

My CP does the same thing, green light turns red at full throttle. Don't know if it's normal or why it does it but mine has always done it.

As for the tail rotor, my guess would be that the added mass of the plastic blades is creating more torque than the tail rotor is capable of counteracting efficiently, if that makes any sense.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:23 PM
savage 40

also this thing hovers at about 3/4 stick it seems as though before the last crash it hovered at just over 1/2 stick.. I added pitch to the blades and that gave me more rudder torque as described above.. what does yours hover at? thanks
Old 10-12-2006, 10:53 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Don't know, haven't flown it in a really long time. As well as I remember around 3/4 with symetrical woodies.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 PM
savage 40

I did a search on the red light and found that it means max head speed and throttle and that is normal... maybe my main motor is going on the blink.. This thing is about 3-4 weeks old and maybe 20 + hours and numerous crashes on it .. this thing is very durable and great for learning to fly ( I also have a century hawk pro 30) I crashed the hawk thinking I was ready for some action then the cp came along and really got me ready!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:10 AM
A10FLYR
My Feedback: (1)

Decrease the pitch in the blades 1 turn and see if that helps. I haven't used the plastic blades but have played around with changing the pitch and what you describe happened when I added too much pitch.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:17 AM
cooperd

Yup! Red light shows full throttle so ops are normal. If you have 20 hours on the motor I'd suggest swapping it out for new. Those motors are cheap and not very durable and when they wear out current draw rises, power decreases, battery flighttime drops dramatically.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:22 AM
zenchal26

get a pitch gauge. you should be at 0 pitch with stick and trim centered
Old 10-13-2006, 10:17 AM
savage 40

new motor it is!