Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

inverted with a blade cp?

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

inverted with a blade cp?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:21 PM
chopperdudes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: inverted with a blade cp?

george,
how high are you able to climb during a stall turn with bl? with the stock motor, it doesn't go very high, and if i don't finish the rotation before the drop, then the tail will either not have enough power (even with tail motor turned off), or the speed of the piro will change and a very high chance of screwing up. i said that the tail won't swing the other way because when i move the heli sideways to the right at a moderate speed, the tail will stop and then even with the tail motor stopping, the tail will continue to follow the head. at first i thought it was some 'visual misunderstanding', but then i check it out and it was really the tail turnign off and still don't have enough torque from teh main to wing the tail so that it doesn't follow the nose. you've got bl so that might be a different story. and in fff, the tail doesn't have enough power to swing either way around.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:31 PM
George E.
My Feedback: (16)

I do have the brushless (best mod ever for $50 with controller) and I'm in idle-up so the main rotor is spinning faster than stock. I have the stock TX. I also run the E-sky blades which seem heavier, that might help too. All I can say is during FFF full left rudder makes a perfect piro (not uniform rotation rate but pretty decent). 540's are no problem either. Try that with full right rudder and forget it. The tail doesn't have the power.

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...2&pid=NESKV020

Go brushless and you will be MUCH happier if your goal is aerobatics. I can climb as high as I want. Full throttle and the BCPP takes for the sky pretty quick with the brushless.

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...49&pid=U834468
Old 12-01-2006, 02:22 PM
shadowflyer101

how do i fly inverted with blade cp pro?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:02 PM
chopperdudes

what do you think of this motor?
http://www.helidirect.com/product_in...oducts_id=1524
i see that yours only uses 10 amps. isn't that a little low, and it's 4200kv. dunno, i never heard bout that store, so how IYO will the helidirect one compare to yours?
Old 12-04-2006, 11:29 AM
shadowflyer101

so, dose enyone know what are the best blade for BCPP for acrobatic stunting?[>:]
Old 12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
bzinfinity

I like the woodies, personally, the carbons make my Pro too twitchy for my liking.

To fly inverted, you input enough aileron or elevator in any direction to invert the heli in Idle Up, and then drop the throttle stick all the way down to input negative pitch.

I realize thats a very simplified explanation, but it's kinda hard to describe without showing you.
Old 12-04-2006, 03:48 PM
chopperdudes

i've made a rig/training gear to learn to fly inverted, (with another model programmed on my 7c) i can almost hover tail in in my living room, so far have not broken anything yet. i find the woodies to flex alot under high headspeed and doesn't track well... i know the concept of flying inverted, i've done stationary rolls and loops too. but i personally like the cf better.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
shadowflyer101

ok thanks
Old 12-07-2006, 04:03 PM
shadowflyer101

so how do u like the blade cp pro? is it good for beginnrs?
Old 12-07-2006, 04:18 PM
chopperdudes

yes, i like it very much, probably will master invert hover during the winter with the rig i built... i'm planning on getting a trex... dun wanna upgrade it since it doesn't have a cp tail. it's hard when learning, my age might have made it more easy for me (started at 14, now 15). it does take patience and practice, and yes, you don't have to buy parts if your discipline enough. it is not until i do fff that i've broken parts... go slowly... if you have the budget and know that your staying in this hobby, get yourself a trex... it'll be way easier to learn on...
Old 12-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Jellyson

chopperdudes can you post a picture of your inverted training rig? Sounds like just what I need right now...
And maybe the DD tail motor would give you more authority in your stall turns...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19101.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	573519   Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31812.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	573520   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dz80620.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	573521  
Old 12-07-2006, 10:14 PM
shadowflyer101

i would like to get a trex, but i have a short budget, I'm also 14 and i just started and would not like to rec something that expensive
Old 12-12-2006, 04:25 PM
chopperdudes

just went outside today, finally, no wind, did some circles, figure 8's, and some low flips, (bout 15~20ft). probably won't need that much cause i never lost more than 5 ft from a flip, but... just on the save side. since i was practicing inverted hover with the rig (sorry guys, try to gain access to a camera here) i thought i might go for it. forgot to get an escape route, well, flipped it around, went into some crazy directions, tail's following, got the ailerons sorted out, but then frankly, mixed up the elevators, i did manage to correct it just before hitting the dirt, and throttle hold switch. well, here goes another blade grip, main shaft, busted frame and bent flybar, fixed the flybar, got an extra blade grip, and would probably use CA/epoxy to fix the frame because all that's damaged is the 'loop' that prevents the swash from moving from side to side. stock motor sucks... full down throttle/collective and the heli doesn't climb!!! omg. well... i can do it real well with that rig
Old 12-12-2006, 04:41 PM
George E.
My Feedback: (16)

If you get in a panic and move the collective qucikly, the tail really does swing wildly with the stock gyro. It can get pretty scary until you get the heli back under control (hopefully) That's why you should master the inverted hover/flight with the sim until you can work in any orientation, nose in/out/sideways etc. That way you can recover from any situation you find yourself in.

Don't feel too bad, I lost my Blade Pro in the sun yesterday after installing a HH gyro and getting the heli to run perfect. I gave full +collective but was inverted (I guess). The crash wasn't pretty [:@]
Old 12-12-2006, 04:48 PM
chopperdudes

the collective was down all the way, but i just freaked out on the elevators and didn't have a bail out plan, also didn't start high enough so even though i know that rolling it over might be a bail out plan, i know it'll just end up on it's side because like 2sec after the flip, the heli was at about 7ft nosing down. man, i'll try it next time. if i only got the elevators sorted out and went higher than 20ft...
Old 12-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Jellyson

Hey, chopperdudes, I just got this brushless for my bcpp at John's Photo & Hobby on the Danforth
It will take care of your power worries for sure...
the pinion is hard to get on, I recommend you have them put it on for you (8 tooth I'm trying)
(I'm swapping out the GWS esc for a 20 amp eflite tonight, I can't figure out how to turn off the brake on the GWS one.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94293.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	576659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19185.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	576660   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qw56425.jpg
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	576661  
Old 12-14-2006, 06:26 AM
anci3nt

those with sim experience, what sim would you recommend that best fits a BCPP/CP2 feel?
Old 12-14-2006, 11:02 AM
HeliTB

FS One has the Blade CP/CX/CPPro on it. I use RealFlight G3.5 though.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:43 PM
anci3nt

is the E-Sky Simulator any good? $30 and includes controller is strangly cheap.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:07 PM
bzinfinity

I bought FSone, and I use it to train on the CP series and my planes.

I also use Clearview to train on the Trex and Raptor models.

Both work excellently, and both have CP series models.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:12 PM
chopperdudes

well, just gone out today, another gorgeous day in these times, well, did some warm ups, and did some flips, well, as i thought that if i need to fly inverted, i'd better start controlling those flips while at the inverted part. so i did it with bout 7 flips, trying to correct while inverted. those lost more altitudes than the ones before, due to the longer load on the motor. well, got quite cocky and gone really high, fliped it inverted, and gave full down collective, god knows why, but it's still dropping, dropped to about 10, 15ft i'd say, and while i was still in somewhat control, it's getting away from me and the tail broke out on me as well (guess i need to set up those revo mix better eh?). and at that altitude i suddenly realized that i was still inverted and dropping, so i just tried to flip it around again... if i was maybe 2 ft higher i'd be alright, but i wasn't and i dunno wat caught it, but i crashed. surprisingly, all i found was that the tail gear and blade was missing (and are easily found by a dozen of little kids watching me), and i've poped a fuse, and NO DAMAGE!!! i dunno why the fuse poped, i've crashed way worse than this and the fuse had never poped, but am greatful that for whatever reason it poped, so i don't fry my 4 in 1.

i'm really wondering how much more damage will you do in a crash with a bl system? i'm starting to think that i should really master inverted hover before going up to a trex SE. and that right now, the blade don't have enough power for me to learn inverted, i might just get a brushless motor and a gyro...
i didn't get it yet because my mom was like, you either get the brushless thingy or the $1000 buck thingy... but now that i realize that it just can't be taken one way or the other... i really want the trex, but don't want to trash it trying to learn inverted...
i'm not getting a sim: "it's just a game, bad for your eyes, your already 700 degrees!"

well, i'd try to do some nice rolls again... btw, its charging now. thought that this would definitely be a trip to the lhs.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Jellyson

The bl motor is in a pretty sturdy can, it looks more crashworthy than the little mabuchi-style stock cans. Of course the ESC is at risk too but you can cushion it. And the power can pull your acorns out of the fire sometimes (can also do the reverse....)
I crashed mine yesterday evening, trying to see what full power was like in the back yard, idle-up swooping, got so surprised I lost orientation. Actually dead-chickened for a second before I snapped. Main hub broke off just above the pin, flybar control frame cracked but useable, main shaft slightly bent, one tooth stripped. No blade or boom or electronics damage. 25 minutes repair, spares on hand, reprogrammed the TX to limit max power to 80 percent.
Still flies like a baby TRex but at least I can keep it out of the ceiling sheetrock.

I'm not doing any acro (not on purpose anyway), I just enjoy building, setting up and FAI-style flying. I'd like to learn 3d though, and I think that what you are doing, posting and all, is very awesome. Keep it up!

Old 12-15-2006, 06:06 PM
chopperdudes

so, how is the damage in a crash compared to a stock motor? i've never done the chicken dance, well, not after i've got a 7c with throttle hold... sounds reasonable to me. i live in north york, so i go to other hobby shops, near ones, especially when i need to beg my dad to drive me there... the weather's getting crappy again, i can't do much flying inside... that's why i don't like it... at the yard i might do some multi-piro practice and very slow ff in a circle, much harder than the max throttle ones...
Old 12-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Jellyson

I think the rotor hub broke where it did because of the motor power. Now that I look at the shaft I took out it isn't bent after all, but it has one bad tooth, but it is usable. So a regular crash, no big deal. It just surprised me at how fast it jumped up. It's a bit heavier with the 1320 mAh battery so it will crash harder, I pretty much sort of tipped over sideways from hitting the ground while drifting sideways and rotating in yaw, not from loss of control higher up.
Windy today as you know, so back inside, even at 80 percent throttle limit, I still haven't been able to get to full up stick on the TX, the thing wants to hit the ceiling and if I just goose the throttle the gyro can't keep up with the torque. It holds pretty well if I accelerate smoothly but by the time I get to about 2/3 throttle it's well past hover and into a ballistic climb. It's very exciting, and in idle-up the collective response is amazing. And oddly it hasn't shortened the battery flight time all that much (I can't be more precise, I haven't actually timed it with the new motor yet, but I got about 16 minutes in idle-up with that battery before, sure seems like a long time).
I don't fly inverted yet, of course, but my pitch curve is symmetrical, I believe my setup is good and I've got the CF blades on there, so I'm betting it would do the same thing inverted.
I brought home a laser tachometer from the lab today and I'm trying to figure out how to hold it down so I can measure the headspeed.
I'm in Mississauga, I use the TTC, believe it or not the Danforth hobby shop is easiest for me to get to. I just nap on the subway...[&:]
Old 12-16-2006, 01:13 PM
chopperdudes

well, went out today, best day of the week, 0 wind. flown it twice, and am getting the hang of going inverted. basically, i got super high, flip it inverted, and try to hold it there, sometimes the tail will swing out on me, but most of the problem is that it'll drop altitude even when i'm in control. so most of the time, it's the dropping of the altitude which made me flip it around. i dunno, cause the eflight vid shows that it's got enough power to do acro. mabe my batt's dead? well over 100 cycles. and it's 1050 mah i think. from e-power. i get about 6~7 min of enough power for flipping and fff and some mild acro, but then after that, the headspeed will be significantly lower than when the batt was newly charged and the motor will bog more easily. do you think my batt's dead? if i'm to get another batt, would a tp 910 be good? does it have a 4-pin balancer so that i can charge it with a e-sky charger? thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.