Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 11:57 AM
cwharper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

Can I use a futaba receiver like the r607fs on the cx2 so I can use my 9Z with fasst module to fly this heli? Do I just swap the leads from the spektrum program and fly?
Old 04-18-2008, 02:28 PM
UTM

ORIGINAL: cwharper

Can I use a futaba receiver like the r607fs on the cx2 so I can use my 9Z with fasst module to fly this heli? Do I just swap the leads from the spektrum program and fly?
I don't see any reason why not. Should be able to swap out Rx bind and fly.

Good luck and let us know how it comes out[8D]
Old 04-19-2008, 08:22 PM
RKS1949

I just ordered a set of blade grips,and blades from Slick Zero. I have a Black Hawk 450SE and use the CX2 for indoor flying. It fly's great,but the area I fly in is full of tables,chairs,couches,ect. It's a real challenge to fly around in the family room (kinda like a obsticle course). The only gripe I have with the CX is the rotor blades,man they are flimsy,and cheap (not to buy). I can just dritf into about anything lightly,even a thick uppolstered chair,and barely touch it,and there goes some blades. I've flow one with the better blade setup,and it's diffrent than night and day! The heli flys better (tracts straight),and handles flying outside much better,plus these pivot,and aren't allways breaking. The next upgrade I will do to the CX2 is the tail boom,then the motor up grade. It flys well,but can be made to fly allot better,with the right upgrades. http://www.slickzero.com/Merchant2/m..._Code=BladeCXU
Old 04-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: cwharper

You need two speed controls and a gyro, not just the receiver.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:51 PM
RickyD77

JUst a quick question , Ihave a small problem with my blade , the helicopter keep turnin slight ight and my trim was all the way left, i have try with the proportional mix too and no success

any advice

thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 02:55 PM
UTM

ORIGINAL: RickyD77

JUst a quick question , Ihave a small problem with my blade , the helicopter keep turnin slight ight and my trim was all the way left, i have try with the proportional mix too and no success Try adjusting the gyro gain also. This works in conjunction with the proportional to hold the tail. You may have to turn up your gain and then dial in the prop.

any advice

thanks
Sounds like one of 2 things. Either you hav one of your shafts slightly bent and binding, (it doesn't take much to throw off the whole thing) or you have a motor going out. how long have you had your bird/how many flights roughly. Stock motors will last about 200 flights.

I'd certainly check the shafts first. There are other possible problems as well but these will be the most common. Let us know and we'll try and help.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:20 PM
RickyD77

i have it for about a week i'll check for the shaft... the heli still fly great but its just like i dont have enough trim to trim it right
Old 04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
RickyD77

did the proportional mix is supose to make any great diference cause either way i didnt notice change, thanks
Old 04-20-2008, 09:15 PM
UTM

ORIGINAL: RickyD77

did the proportional mix is supose to make any great diference cause either way i didnt notice change, thanks
It has always seemed to me that when adjusting the proportional is that a little is alot. i have tried turring the pot a quarter of a turn at a time only to be met with frustration because i didn't "fix" the problem. Try centering the pot and turnig it about 2 degrees at a time CCW. turn the other pot CW about 2-5 degrees and then do the prop pot. i have been through this very same thing with my heli. After centering the pot and starting slow i have it dialed in perfect. I still will suggets check both shafts for bend. Take blades and flybar off and push your rudder stick all the way left and give throttle. Repeat on the other side. This will spin 1 shaft at a time and you can check for wobbling. Any wobble is bad![:'(] make sure both shafts are perfectly.

Being that you have only have had your bird a week I wouldn't suspect motors being out. You'll get it tuned! Good luck!
Old 04-21-2008, 09:27 PM
chris1379

Try turning the gain more clockwise, as well as the proportional. That always helps mine. Make sure you center the rudder trim when making adjustments and don't forget to unplug the battery between adjustments. You can also try a drop of light oil on each motor's bottom bushing. Some people have also had luck with re-binding the heli to the transmitter.

Chris
Old 04-22-2008, 11:42 AM
artscale

Hi Guys! Am knew to the CX2 w/ 2.4 Ghz. Just need some info re: radio range Horizontal & Vertical distances. Also do you encounter blind spots. There must be a fail safe because I almost lost mine flying too high est. 50 to 60 ft. & wind took it a good 300 ft. horizontal then just fell out of sky. Other than a bent outer shaft , it was still in one piece. Note I have Boomtown Hobby skids. Art
Old 04-22-2008, 03:36 PM
UTM

ORIGINAL: artscale

Hi Guys! Am knew to the CX2 w/ 2.4 Ghz. Just need some info re: radio range Horizontal & Vertical distances. Also do you encounter blind spots. There must be a fail safe because I almost lost mine flying too high est. 50 to 60 ft. & wind took it a good 300 ft. horizontal then just fell out of sky. Other than a bent outer shaft , it was still in one piece. Note I have Boomtown Hobby skids. Art
The range of the Tx is going to be linear no matter how you slice it. It is rated as a "Park Flyer" which I believe has an effective range of approx. 150 yards.(anyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this) I haven't ever had a signal loss due to distance because this heli is so small I loose track of orentation after about 150'. I did watch a buddy of mine crash his CX2 because he thought it'd be cool to apply full throttle and just keep climbing. Just via visual guess I would say that 450' is about right. It was no more than a small spec in the sky when he lost contact. It fell the whole way and smashed into the street. I've never seen a CX2 in so many pieces and not on a workbench![sm=75_75.gif]

2.4ghz can be effected by blind spots(shadowing) but they are generally caused by metal of some sort. Seems like more of a problem on a larger bird with alum. frame and not for the CX2. I've flown mine in every orentation imaginable and never suffered that problem.

Sorry to hear about your crash. Sounds like you came out fairly well for that type of crash. I once was flying mine at around 70' when a gust blew it completly over to inverted. It fell all the way and hit the street resulting in both shafts being bent over about 80 degrees just above the lower head. I had to cut it off with a hacksaw to fix it.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2008, 06:43 PM
artscale

Thanks for the reply, 1 thing comes to mind is that the area it shut down. The neighbor has a older type dish in his backyard, probably at least 6 ft dia. I flew into the path of where it was pointing. Could like that might be why? I am est distance as this happened 2 houses down with 100 ft. wide property lines less mine.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks for the reply, 1 thing comes to mind is that the area it shut down. The neighbor has a older type dish in his backyard, probably at least 6 ft dia. I flew into the path of where it was pointing. Could like that might be why? I am est distance as this happened 2 houses down with 100 ft. wide property lines less mine.

I doubt it. I fly very close to a RADAR system and a gazzilion satellites here in Iraq. I've haven't had problems with it thus far. Although the 2.4 TX will interfere with the non-2.4 systems. I learned this by accidentally leaving my Spektrum TX on while I was flying my CX. When I flew near the TX, the CX started twitching. So, what did I do? I naturally flew it around the TX to "see what happens." Two broken blades later, I figured out what "happens."

Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 AM
RKS1949

ORIGINAL: Crusader23

I doubt it. I fly very close to a RADAR system and a gazzilion satellites here in Iraq. I've haven't had problems with it thus far. Although the 2.4 TX will interfere with the non-2.4 systems. I learned this by accidentally leaving my Spektrum TX on while I was flying my CX. When I flew near the TX, the CX started twitching. So, what did I do? I naturally flew it around the TX to "see what happens." Two broken blades later, I figured out what "happens."

That,shouldn't be happening?My friends have CX2's and we fly at the same time (3 of them in the air) and stand next to each other in a line while flying them. It shouldn't interfear with a non 2.4 tx either. Strange? Ron
Old 04-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LP5DSM transmitter is a Low Power transmitter. The range isn't suitable for airplanes with the CX-2 receiver. I've tried it with one. The plane flew out of range at about 250'.
Changing to the DX-7 transmitter, there was no range problem.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Crusader23
My Feedback: (1)

HI all,

I would like to utilize the 5th and/or 6th channel on the CX2 4-in-1 utilizing the DX6i. How do I program that? Thanks in advance.

Kenn
Old 04-23-2008, 06:38 PM
artscale

ORIGINAL: Tall Paul

The LP5DSM transmitter is a Low Power transmitter. The range isn't suitable for airplanes with the CX-2 receiver. I've tried it with one. The plane flew out of range at about 250'.
Changing to the DX-7 transmitter, there was no range problem.
Well I guess luck was on my side , It was better than 340 linear. So with no signal it shuts down receiver & 3 in 1.

Also anyone installed navigation lights w/leds , what resistor did you put in series to access 5th. channel ? I am thinking about installing to stabilizer short wing area & tail since usually getting dark for best flying or early AM Thanks Art
Old 04-25-2008, 07:54 PM
casey_lamm

I just got one of these. 1st thing I tought was this is too easy...Then I thought man, these batteries stink...need to last longer... then after flying it probably 5 flights I was wanting more aggressive throws.

I have only flown heli's on the sim. But I really didn't have any trouble with this thing. Trimming was easy. Flying seemed easy. It was very stable.

So a few questions...

are there any better battery packs that dont add too much weight to get some longer flights?

is there any way to get the reaction time better? Controls are pretty dull.

I was going to buy a blade 400, but figured this is a good 1st step... My plan is it master nose in... and then brake out the blade with an instructor of course.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:31 PM
UTM

ORIGINAL: casey_lamm

I just got one of these. 1st thing I tought was this is too easy...Then I thought man, these batteries stink...need to last longer... then after flying it probably 5 flights I was wanting more aggressive throws.

I have only flown heli's on the sim. But I really didn't have any trouble with this thing. Trimming was easy. Flying seemed easy. It was very stable.

So a few questions...

are there any better battery packs that dont add too much weight to get some longer flights?

is there any way to get the reaction time better? Controls are pretty dull.

I was going to buy a blade 400, but figured this is a good 1st step... My plan is it master nose in... and then brake out the blade with an instructor of course.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
The DN 7.4V 15C 900mamp batteries are a good upgrade and I believe that they are only 2g heavier than stock.

As far as getting it to fly a bit more aggresive you can do two things.
1) move the linkage arms to a hole further out on the servo arm. Mine are on the second from the end or 4th. This is the farthest I can go without binding the alum swashplate i have on mine.

2) get a shorter flybar or modify your flybar. You can buy a factoy shortened flybar or you can cut yours off and put on a collor weight with a set screw which you can get at the hardware store. For the time being try taking a small flathead screwdriver and pris the small brass weights out of your stock flybar. Leave the rubber heads on there.

These 2 mods will greatly improve the agility of the CX2 allowing you to do some bank turns and good fast forward flight. It will make the hover less stable however. Mine will no longer just hang there without stick inputs. I have a very short flybar though
Old 04-26-2008, 09:08 AM
casey_lamm

thanks for your suggestions. I will have to look into it.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:16 AM
RKS1949

Here's what you need,if you want to really improve the performance of the CX2,and fly quick,bank-n-yank,funnels,ect. Jamie is straight up,and will help you anyway he can,great service. Ron http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/Xtrem...ks_p/xc001.htm
Old 04-28-2008, 05:40 PM
RKS1949

Got the Xtreem stage II kit installed,all I can say is WOW[X(]. This baby really flys great now. I still need to get the alum blade grips,and lower head,on it but it is much more positive on the control sticks now. Ron
Old 04-28-2008, 08:12 PM
casey_lamm

right now im fighting a vibration. it wants to vibrate alot as its spinning up. I replaced the stabalizer.... not sure what the cause is.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:45 AM
chris1379

The answer to all your questions and more can be found [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7035042/tm.htm#7035042]HERE[/link]. Did you balance the blades? You could also have a bent shaft.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.