Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:14 PM
atcspaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

well i am pretty happy with my hovering in the small one car garage and thought i would get brave and go outside lol. just a little wind however i got out thier and fell apart. i climbed it like a rocket ship freaked and pulled back the throttle and it dropped like a rock a little wind all over the place broke a couple blades came in fixed it got a fresh batery pack and back in the garage i went and flew like a champ. guess i am not ready for the great outdoors yet. i just wish the garage was big enough to let it go forward and do some turns and stuff after i figure out how to turn it. i know how to go side to side and how to turn the nose and how to go forwards and backwards. now i need to learn what combinations to use togather. they make it look so easy, ohh well someday. haveing a blast. these are some great little machines
Old 04-10-2007, 12:59 AM
zestril5

I read earlier in this thread that it is recommended to take some momentum out with a small opposing input, then complete the cancellation maneuver with a larger input.
I guess that's right except I don't think it's really ever a good idea to do any large input. Almost always ends in overcompensating and having the thing start going wild as you have to do more and more inputs to compensate. With these little guys, If it's trimmed correctly, the best thing is to LET GO. take you hands off the controls except for the throttle which you want to be ready to cut immediately in the event of a crash. if you let go the heli will go into a fairly stable hover quickly and avoid the panic situation. Then, of course this may not be the best plan if the things heading for the china cabinet.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 AM
atcspaul

no wind again this morning. flew and did great. what a lot of fun this is. dosnt take but a little tinny bit of wind to push you back
Old 04-10-2007, 08:38 AM
mbott1701

These can still fly in light wind, you just have to make some modifications and feel confident in your flying ability.

It actually helps you get better by challenging your flying skill in the wind. (to an extent )

It has been really gusty here lately (15-20mph winds) a bit too much for this heli, but I've flown it in 5-10 mph gusts.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
zestril5

These can still fly in light wind, you just have to make some modifications
What type of modifications can I make to be able to fly in a light breeze say up to 5mph? I don't seem to be able to gain headway in a 2 mph breeze.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 AM
mbott1701

Move the servo arm connector rods out further (at least the middle hole) so you get a greater range of motion.
Use the smaller flybar from the Dynam Vortex.

When flying remember that you need to add throttle to get, and sustain, good FF. The down side is that the heli will continue to gain altitude, so continually make adjustments to your throttle inputs, like full throttle for a bit, then back off, then give it more, etc, etc.

When it is windy I try to stay as low as possible because once you get real high, say over 25', there is a greater chance the heli will end up blowing away. IN windy conditions the flight may not be pretty, but it can be exciting! At least that has been my experience with the winds here in PA.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49 AM
atcspaul

moving the servo rods will i get better forward movement as in speed. thanks. complete newbie here
Old 04-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Blackjack52

MyRCSupply website down. Ben, any ideas on when you'll be back up and running?
Old 04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
atcspaul

moved the servo rod to the center hole for the elevator trim and what a great difference. thanks for the tip. now if someone would explane what 2 fucntions to use in conjuntion to do a turn. for now i go forward stop to a hover and use the yaw to turn it around. afraid to try combinations without knowing what effect to expect till i get a little better. thanks
Old 04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Blackjack52

That's when you have to start using your noggin......I think......maybe!

But first get the hover down. Then moving the heli forward (tail facing you) and stop. Then move back and stop. While using rudder to keep straight. This will also teach you to fly the nose.
Now try the same thing but with the nose facing you.....moving heli forward and backward. This will teach you to fly the nose opposite of you.

Now, moving slowly forward (tail facing you), add some right/left rudder (using your left hand) and small right/left cyclic (using your right hand). This will help combine the above learning steps. Be careful when the nose is coming towards you, as the right/left turning (cyclic) will be opposite in relation to you. The key to nice controlled flight in a turn is a little right rudder with right turn (cyclic).
Old 04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
zestril5

At least that has been my experience with the winds here in PA.
That's cause you have those wimpy PA winds. I can tell the difference as soon as I cross one of the Trenton Bridges.

ANywho..I tried your info about the throttle and ff on the g3.5 simulator on the AXE EZ which is pretty much the same as the cx's. Set the wind at 5mph. It definitely works but it's not much fun. Next time we get a relatively calm day I'll try the other mod too and go outside and see what happens.
Thanks for the info
Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 PM
mbott1701

^LOL. Yeah I bet those Jersey winds are pretty rough....lots of HOT AIR.

I have G3.5 too and the Axe EZ doesn't fly anything like my CX2 does in real like. No substitute for the real thing, so just go for it and try it out. It is nice when you don't have to fight the wind, you can do more without worring about a gust that could smack you into the side of the house. Different types of flying keeps things interesting though.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:21 PM
atcspaul

thanks black jack. the wind calms down a little tonight i will have to try again
Old 04-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Blackjack52

Just ordered my bird with all the important trimmings (minus the Dynam Flybar set and CF Tail Boom). $296 Everything in stock.
From MyRcSupply:
1 x E-flite Main Motor Heat Sink BCX/2 (EFLH1208) $2.99
1 x E Flite Blade CX 2 RTF Elec Coaxial Heli (EFLH1250) $159.99
1 x Inner Shaft w/Aluminum Main Rotor Hub: BCX/2 (MHECX065) $18.99
$182

From Helidirect:
1 x MicroHeli Steel InnerShaft for MH-CX065 - Blade CX/Lama 2 (MH-CX065ST) = $3.99
1 x MicroHeli Precision CNC Lower Head (SILVER) - Blade CX (MH-CX002LH) = $24.99
1 x MicroHeli Precision CNC Swashplate (SILVER) - Blade CX (MH-CX012) = $26.99
1 x Hardware Set: BCX/2 (EFLH1225) = $3.99
1 x Servo Pushrod Set: BCX/2 (EFLH1218) = $4.99
2 x Upper Main Blade Set (2 pr): BCX/2 (EFLH1221) = $7.98
2 x Lower Main Blade Set (2 pr): BCX/2 (EFLH1220) = $7.98
2 x **MEGA POWER LiPo Pack 850mAH 15C 7.4V Blade CX (Stock Charger) (MP850152STK) = $33.90
$114

Excellent service from both companies. Had questions about the alum upgrades and rcvd quick courteous responses.

Didn't see a need to get the blade grips, special blades, alum bearing housing.
Will probably try the extended inner shaft after trying the flybar/paddle upgrade first.

Just a little reading of the threads here and the "other" forum for all the helpful info.
Thanks guys/gals!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:41 PM
davidgeorge212

I am having a very strage problem with my blade cx2, I have been flying it with my 2 bottem blades for quite a while now and they have had nics in them and I have some scotch tape on them, but that is only becuase every time I try and put a new set of lower blades on, I take it out and try to fly it but the heli just seems to have a more sensitive control and worse handling. When I put the new blades on I cant get the heli to stand still, it will just hover all over the place. So I end up just putting back on my old nicked up pair.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips to fix my problem, If you do I would appreciate it.

thanks,
David
Old 04-10-2007, 11:03 PM
DriveWRX

David,
Sounds like you'll need to balance the new rotor blades. Go here:[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5670112/anchors_5670112/mpage_1/key_Blade%252Cbalancing/anchor/tm.htm#5670112] CX2 Blades UN-balanced?[/link]
Post #4 by soloboss, has a good method for balancing CX2 rotor blades. While you're at it balance the uppers too. Also make sure the new blades pivot freely on the pins.

Good luck! Happy flying!

-Vince
Old 04-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Junktim

I'm almost afraid to ask this stupid question:

Is there a trick to removing the servo arm from its stock hole? It seems awful snug. Does the servo have to come off first? I could just try to muscle it, but I don't want to bend anything.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:21 PM
atcspaul

i had the same problem. i found the easiest way was to take the arm off and use a pin to open hole just a pinch then insert rod. hope thing help. be ready for an awesome change in the performance of your copter
Old 04-11-2007, 09:29 PM
jmann71

atcspaul, why not find a empty hangar. about once a week they dump the hangar where i work. you can really have a load of fun in such a large area.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:59 AM
atcspaul

actually have a friend that i go to his hanger i will be going to once a week. he just bought a new eurocopter (real one) and went up in it the other day. awesome machine. anyway he said i could use his hanger or one of the pole barns anytime i want. its about 45 minutes away but going to head down thier once a week soon as my extra batteries get here
paul
Old 04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
zestril5

Move the servo arm connector rods out further (at least the middle hole) so you get a greater range of motion.
Moved the servo connectors to the middle hole as suggested. Did this on the cx2 that has the cf boom and also moved the battery pack back a bit. The result was a substantial difference in the handling of the heli. It is first of all more responsive but secondly much much faster in at least forward and reverse. So much so in fact that I really have to remember which one I'm flying or I'll be into a wall in no time in the small indoor space I fly in. I think I'll set this one aside just for outdoor use. If what I saw was any indication it should handle the breeze much better. (even the ferocious, hot, NJ winds) Thanks mbott1701
Old 04-13-2007, 12:42 PM
hookedonheli

ORIGINAL: atcspaul

no wind again this morning. flew and did great. what a lot of fun this is. dosnt take but a little tinny bit of wind to push you back

#1 rule of thumb for outdoor flying: The higher you go the windier it will be. Keep that in the back of your mind each time before you lift off.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:48 PM
hookedonheli

ORIGINAL: zestril5

Moved the servo connectors to the middle hole as suggested. Did this on the cx2 that has the cf boom and also moved the battery pack back a bit. The result was a substantial difference in the handling of the heli. It is first of all more responsive but secondly much much faster in at least forward and reverse. So much so in fact that I really have to remember which one I'm flying or I'll be into a wall in no time in the small indoor space I fly in. I think I'll set this one aside just for outdoor use. If what I saw was any indication it should handle the breeze much better. (even the ferocious, hot, NJ winds) Thanks mbott1701

It's pretty tough finding a calm day to fly outside here at the Jersey Shore. I live about a mile from the ocean and it seems there are always some big gusts comming off the water. I can fly all my birds outside except for the CX2, that's the one I have to fly at the gym.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Blackjack52

I would think that having the CG shifted toward the nose a bit would better the performance when handling breezes, etc. Of course, it will also affect the attitude of the aircraft by "slipping" you forward in ground effect.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Rampage.Pete

i got 1 quick question lol... i got a xtra 4in1 unit coming with my heli... i also got a losi mini-t on the way..the mini-t esc is broken can i use the 4in1 to replace the broken receiver/esc unit in my car? thats it no more questions lol...any help is welcomed thank you =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.