Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Whistler71

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

Here is a post from the Raptor 50 thread:

"Actually the Raptor has a great mechanical mix system and its every bit as precise, if not more so than ccpm because you dont get any interaction.

The 600n is a bit more nimble as its a half pound lighter, and in the 7 to 8 lb range thats significant. On a windy day I'd take the Titan though, its just seems to be more stable.

The 600E that I flew was just nuts. More power than ANY nitro machine I've ever flown (including my avant 90) and blistering fast cyclic, the only thing I've seen close to the cyclic rate was a flybarless logo 500. The downside is it only flys 4 minutes or so on a battery that takes a few hours to charge and the battery packs are 300 bucks a pop, a beginner is better off flying than charging.

I would buy a 600n but I wouldn't sell my Titan to do so. "

Just a little food for thought...
Old 11-09-2007, 11:48 AM
DaxFX

My english is not the best When I say "if you are going to move to a biger one dont buy any electric 6ch get a gas one." it was incorrect by mistake of mine, what I try to say is. some1 says that he is going to move to a better heli from CX2 And I said "if you are going to move to a biger one dont buy any electric 6ch get a gas one." Sorry What I try To say was DONT GET A 6 CH electric like 22e or venom 3D or Blade CP they are very dificult and you will end in a NO CAN DO frustration, just move to a bigger heli with with a good tail system and easy to make some 3D and hover. if you want a 22e you will almost for sure never do a 3D so stay with CX2. mure enjoyable and more fun factor.

I think that whistler71 now understand what I've trying to say all time. please excuse my english sometime I try to say something but I just say it incorrect.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:04 PM
DaxFX

please open a new thread for that. lets keep concentrate on this thread CX2. Thanks.

3rd day with my CX2 I move 1 hole on servo arms. was in the first 1 from factory. also I think that I find the correct setting on the proportional trim and the gyro. is flying more controlable and more stable. I am practicing in front of my home and wind dont get any better that 7-9 mph some blowing of 12 14. no blade strykes. this heli is much much better that what I was thinking. my micro mosquito ( [&o] please dont make fun @ me) is the other coaxial heli I have gets blade stryk sometimes withot any wind. so I was thinking CX2 something like that But I have to admit is not a toy is an rc heli that you can enjoy an have luts of fun.

this is what I have from first to last.

micro hornet 2ch (dead in action)
Micro Mosquito 3ch
dragonfly hx244 2ch (dont ever buy this c**p)
Walkera 22e 6ch 3D (for expert only)
Walkera 4#3 Miniature 4ch (easyer than 22e but dificult in compare with same size 2ch )
Blade CX2

Waiting to arrive my Walkera #4 with extreme landing gears.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Whistler71

ORIGINAL: DaxFX

My english is not the best When I say "if you are going to move to a biger one dont buy any electric 6ch get a gas one." it was incorrect by mistake of mine, what I try to say is. some1 says that he is going to move to a better heli from CX2 And I said "if you are going to move to a biger one dont buy any electric 6ch get a gas one." Sorry What I try To say was DONT GET A 6 CH electric like 22e or venom 3D or Blade CP they are very dificult and you will end in a NO CAN DO frustration, just move to a bigger heli with with a good tail system and easy to make some 3D and hover. if you want a 22e you will almost for sure never do a 3D so stay with CX2. mure enjoyable and more fun factor.

I think that whistler71 now understand what I've trying to say all time. please excuse my english sometime I try to say something but I just say it incorrect.
Like I said, we FULLY agree, 110%. No problems at all, nobody is better than another neither here in this forum nor elsewhere...[8D]

I guess I CAN play Tetris!

Has ANYONE out there had good experiences with these motor driven tail cheap helis?[] Please do tell as my experience has been a bad one which is why I keep not recommending them...
Old 11-09-2007, 12:07 PM
USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: ArrowNaughtic

...... My neighbor has a CX2 that he wants to upgrade to aluminum inner shaft like mine. I bought the Eflite version and just change the head over to a new inner shaft when I have to. My question is......has anyone used the Xtreme inner shaft offered by Jamie at www.Boomtownhobbies.com ? That basically has the same spacing form the lower blades to the upper without having to swap for the Vortex oute shaft too. Any of you guys have experience with both? Found one to be better than the other?
Reason for the poll question is the Eflite inner is 20 bones a pop and the xtreme inner is 13 bones.......... Same spacing.....hmmmmmmmmm
Yes, I just installed mine last night. I never had blade clack before, and I'm pretty sure I wont now. The XTREME can be found for less than 13
Old 11-09-2007, 01:12 PM
BryFlyGuy67

ORIGINAL: Whistler71

Hey Arrow, How do you like your King 2 VS your CP's?

BTW, where do you live/fly in Seattle? I ask because I go to Seattle all the time for the Seahawks...

Bry, please backtrack a little and slow down...[8D] Never, NEVER have I snarled or looked down on anyone who has smaller helis. The only point that I was making is that with his limited fly time, combined with the fact that he did not own a bigger heli, it would be sort of foolish to make unfounded statements; no?

My ONLY issue with Dax (Which if you have read the thread back a few pages, you would see has long been resolved), is that he said point blank "if you are going to move to a biger one dont buy any electric 6ch get a gas one." That was the statement that I was whole heartedly opposed to as there are very good .50 heli options in electric out there (The T-Rex 600E for example). And a .50 in my books is a "bigger heli". A statement which was later changed to: 'I never said dont buy a big electric. I said dont buy a small electric 6 channel'

Please re-read what I wrote and please notice the NOT part: I do not want to state that I am either a better pilot or know more about helis than you because I own bigger helis than you as well as small ones like you have, it is just nice to have both sides of the coind stating their opinion. Again, I am NOT biased towards electric or Nitro at all...

Anyways, this issue has been resolved, why is it stirred up after it has been resolved?

Whistler, I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular, and certainly not to you, my friend.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Whistler71

No problemo![8D]
Old 11-09-2007, 01:18 PM
BladeWacker

Arrow - I HIGHLY recommend the Extreme blades. Not sure about their grips, as I got mine from the rcrivesud.com site, but the blades indestructability has amazed me. I've flown them into the street (full power dive), into the fireplace mantle, several walls, the TV and have only managed to chew up the tracking tape on them. I bought a couple of extra sets, just in case, but don't think I'll ever need them... Think I'll put a set on my lama 4 and see how it likes them
Old 11-09-2007, 02:32 PM
goldslinger

ORIGINAL: BladeWacker

Arrow - I HIGHLY recommend the Extreme blades. Not sure about their grips, as I got mine from the rcrivesud.com site, but the blades indestructability has amazed me. I've flown them into the street (full power dive), into the fireplace mantle, several walls, the TV and have only managed to chew up the tracking tape on them. I bought a couple of extra sets, just in case, but don't think I'll ever need them... Think I'll put a set on my lama 4 and see how it likes them

I'll second that, wholeheartedly.

Those XTREME blades ARE nearly indestructable! I happen to have the grips as well. The blades are stiff and provide good lift, but are formulated out of a different type of plastic that isn't brittle like the stock blades.

I have not, and refuse to buy any more stock blades.

I haven't bought any blades of any kind for over a month, thanks to these new blades.

Gary
Old 11-09-2007, 03:12 PM
BryFlyGuy67

I agree 100%. In a few months, I will have both of my CX2's modified with the Xtreme Sport package and will no longer keep feeding E-Flite $$ for broken blades. [>:]

Though heavier than stock, I think that the stiffness of the blades provides more lift, especially if you're throwing power at it to pull out of a dive or something. The extended Xtreme upper head has thus far prevented any blade clash, even though I have been flying like a bat out of hell with my DX7 set in high rate mode for outdoors.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:35 PM
F-15 Fan

I have had the Blade CX2 for over 8 months now, it flys great, and I look foward to increaseing the control throw, I am ready for it.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Whistler71

ORIGINAL: BryFlyGuy67

I agree 100%. In a few months, I will have both of my CX2's modified with the Xtreme Sport package and will no longer keep feeding E-Flite $$ for broken blades. [>:]

Though heavier than stock, I think that the stiffness of the blades provides more lift, especially if you're throwing power at it to pull out of a dive or something. The extended Xtreme upper head has thus far prevented any blade clash, even though I have been flying like a bat out of hell with my DX7 set in high rate mode for outdoors.
Hey BRY, how about solution "B"... Stop crashing!

You are pulling some dives with your CX2? You are now motivating me to get the more powerfull motors and full extreme setup![8D]
Old 11-09-2007, 11:44 PM
XxOoCoBrAoOxX

Hey guys I been trying to figure out how to have my plane going backwards the same speed as going forward but it doesnt even want to move at all[:@] (backwards) I tried everything but there is no movement backwards help please??
Old 11-10-2007, 12:19 AM
chris1379

ORIGINAL: XxOoCoBrAoOxX

Hey guys I been trying to figure out how to have my plane going backwards the same speed as going forward but it doesnt even want to move at all[:@] (backwards) I tried everything but there is no movement backwards help please??
Did you say earlier you have an aftermarket boom? OK, before I jump ahead of myself, check your swashplate movement. When you pull the stick back, does the swashplate move throughout the whole range of the stick? If you have an aftermarket boom that is too light, you have to adjust the servo link to push the tail down. If this is the case, it is possible to reach the maximum swashplate movement before the stick is all the way back. This will limit your backwards speed. I had to add a little weight to the tail on my CF boom.

Chris
Old 11-10-2007, 12:25 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So....anyways.......... I am happy with my setup and was veering away from the Micro Heli grips and blades as they proved to be a fairly undesireable upgrade. As with all mods to stock one has to do a bit of fiddling to get things dialed in. I will say that the Xtreme motors are a wise investment but not willing to jump off the stock blade bandwagon just yet as i have a good number of spare blades.
Whistler......... I am in about 3 miles south of SeaTac airport. Most of the flying i do is at one of the 2 local parks near me. Or in front of the house......heh. I just found a very open park that is great for flying the parkflyer planks. About a hlf mile from my place and is usually deserted most of the day. as far as the King 2........its ok....not a great heli compared to a TREX but it does ok hovering. I have never had it dialed in to where I feel comfortable moving it around much. Just bought a new brushless and ESC for the spare one i bought and will set it up with the stock TX and Rx. My original is on my DX6 and flys ok but I am convinced I have my throttle curves or endpoints not adjusted properly. I don't feel like the headspeed is where it should be but give me time........ I will dial it in and probably transfer my TLB HH gyro on to it and make it the TREX trainer.
The Blade CP's are so simple that they are easy to dial in. My take on them is a CX2 on steriods as far as electronic adjustments. Most people are turned off by the tail motors but actually once dialed in they behave very predictably and the lack of tail response can be easily taken care of with a little rudder (left stick). Very flyable and once you get past the landing heavily stage they do well.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:01 AM
Whistler71

ORIGINAL: XxOoCoBrAoOxX

Planes do NOT go backwards!

Now, if you are talking about your CX2, please elaborate. Does your heli hover "hands free"? Is your fore/aft slider adjustement on the Tx on the right stick in the middle? (Is your swashplate level in all planes with the sliders centered?)

Are you now on the second hole in the servo arm?

ARROW, it seems like it is sort of a split camp as to preference of stock blades vs. Micro Heli grips... And as for needing spare blades, you guys have to stop having "mechanicals" as gpach likes to call them! No crash, no need for new blades!

Are you saying that you prefer the CP to the HBK2?

About the throttle and pitch curves, there is not enough said for Tx setup, as i think setting up the heli mechanically is pretty simple in comparison to proper setup of Tx...

Can never get enough HEADspeed![&o]

Maybe the next time I head down there, I will bring a few of my helis and drop bye, maybe you could show me how to setup my HBCP2 to fly well. I perhaps thing that I have a deffective 4 in 1... But not sure.

At this point, I am on the "Don't buy a motor driven tail" bandwagon...

Old 11-10-2007, 09:10 AM
DaxFX

3 days with my CX2 and I damage mi first blade the skid and the little wing on the side of the fuselage. a very stupid old man like 75 years almost hit my heli with all intention. I was flying in front of my home then this car was in way to my . (an grinch old man that hates young people) I do some signs with my hand to stop him untill I take out of way the heli and that oldman does not care and pull the car directy to my heli. [:@] I have to drift left very quick and hit a tree. WOW . this heli is hard. for the hit was only minor damage. I think that if linkage were in 3rd hole instead of 2nd on servos I would be able to recover from the drift but when I pull right to correct left drift does not respond as good as I was expected.

Thanks to hobyzzone.com they send me a free marines body wish is instaled now with the little missles. from first impresion I like best the red body but after put this one on it looks awesome. instead of a glossy RED finish is a sand color with flat finish. like desert storm war helis. I only need 1 skid. I am using like tha,t the skid just damage one of the pin that hook on frame. When I try to fly again was making a circle in the air and has very dificult to hover. WOW my new heli is damage now. ( I was thinking ) another closer inspection and found a blade with a dent and a little crack. Change blades and VUALA like new again. you are keep talking about this blades are very cheap and break easy, but I have to tell that I have been hitting lots of thing in 1 and 2 day and the crash today and only was a dent with a little crack. I think they are hard. but obviously when my stock of spare blades goes out I will try that xtreme blade.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Whistler71

Dax,

YES, these CX2 are VERY tough. IMHO, this is one of the main reasons why I recommend it to people as a learner. First off, it is easy to fly. Second, it is very tough, much tougher than my Walkera 5#5 which is also easy to fly...

Did you try to fly it with the broken little wing on the side of the fuselage? I ask because somwtimes it is easy to repair with a little electrical tape, preferably red! This way, you could keep leanring, perhaps crashing here and there and when you end up not crashing, then put on the Marines body. Personally, I have a brand new Police body sitting in a drawer waiting to be put on the heli along with aluminum swashplate and lower blade holder. I am just waiting to really break each of these pieces before installing the new stuff because once I instal the new stuff, the plastic parts will only serve as dust collectors!
Old 11-10-2007, 11:47 AM
DaxFX

yeah ! it fly exelent with the broken wing. actually the wing is not broken what is broken as a crack under the wing like 3 inches long with a clear tape on the inside I can fixed. I am in the 2nd hole on the servo arme You think will be better on 3rd. I can handle very good more control on servo. at least I think so but my concern moving linkage is not my skill is what heli can handle. i will have blade stryke in 3rd hole when too much input?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33578.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	800636   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10216.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	800637   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10868.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	800638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga76663.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	800639  
Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Whistler71

Personally, I would keep the red body on there for now. I have had mine with that "broken wing" problem for 2 months and it still flies fiine. I can fly it around, figure 8's, nose in hover, circles, fff, etc, etc but my wife is still learning, so I am just keeping the red body until neither of us crashes at all to keep the Police body mint.

As for the 2-3 servo hole, some guys just move it to that on the forward and backward moving servo, (NOT on the side to side movement), I have moved both to the 2nd hole and find that it is plenty of movement for me as I fly 90% of the time indoors with that heli.

Have you had many blade strikes? If not, maybe try moving just the forward/backward motion servo to the 3rd hole, see how that goes, then try the side to side servo to the 3rd hole. Remember just to do one mod/adjustment at a time to see what is working and what is not working...

I think you can have blade strikes (with stock setup) if you do maximum input one way with the stick and then maximum the other way even on the first hole...
Old 11-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Khatsalano

What's up CX2 Compadres,

It's been a long time since I did anything to my CX2. I think my motors are about to die, they only flew for 4 minutes last night and the LiPo was at 50% when I had to land it. Anyways, as some of you know, I am currently on a heli hiatus and flying planes right now. I just finished building my second plane and I made a video of my maiden flight on the E-Flite P-47 Thunderbolt here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OxI9JNPc04

Enjoy! Plane flying is really fun and sometimes more exciting than helicopters because of the speed. I do miss the challenge though of a more close-ranged aircraft but man this plane looks scale and cool.

- K
Old 11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
DaxFX

ORIGINAL: Khatsalano

What's up CX2 Compadres,

It's been a long time since I did anything to my CX2. I think my motors are about to die, they only flew for 4 minutes last night and the LiPo was at 50% when I had to land it. Anyways, as some of you know, I am currently on a heli hiatus and flying planes right now. I just finished building my second plane and I made a video of my maiden flight on the E-Flite P-47 Thunderbolt here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OxI9JNPc04

Enjoy! Plane flying is really fun and sometimes more exciting than helicopters because of the speed. I do miss the challenge though of a more close-ranged aircraft but man this plane looks scale and cool.

- K
Yeah ! I agree with you I got few planes is more easy to fly planes and is kind of more adrenaline rush (unless you are an insane rc heli pilot) I love all my planes and I have crash only 1 in about 2 years. but heli is more chalange and I do like that. take the challange and also helis are fun too.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Khatsalano

I think single-rotor CP helis are more difficult to get started with than a fixed-wing aircraft. But getting good at both are equally challenging. You can definitely get into the air on your first day with a plane but I can't say the same for a heli. When you get more advanced into both, precision is what tells pilots apart. Anyone can do a pirouette or a cuban 8 ... but if you can do it within quarter inches of precision with a bit of wind is what separates mice from men. : )

I am still a mouse.

- K
Old 11-10-2007, 09:21 PM
Whistler71

Hey Khat! Nice to see that you are progressing in the planes arena and having fun. Cool looking plane, please see my comments on youtube and reply.

I would like to make an anouncement:

DID MY FIRST LOOP TODAY! (5 actually with my T-Rex 450XL with GY240, 9650 tail servo and HS55 servos for cyclic) It was gut wrenching, and I did get it on video, now i have to figure out how to transfer video from my camera to the computer and then to youtube. I'll do that tomorrow or later tonight!

Before that, there was a very experienced pilot running a Synergy 9N, SICK! Extremely powerfull, very loud wash, CRAZY. Was a bad thing as I will surely end up wanting one of those, perhaps skipping .50, .60 size helis going straight to that magnificent .90 heli, the only problem is that it comes at a cost of $5000!

YIPPEE!
Old 11-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Khatsalano

W, looking forward to that vid!

- K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.