Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 10:26 PM
stump3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

Well I went from havoc heli to bladerunner to a Blade CX2 and now moving to a Walkera #4 fixed pitch single rotor. I think the CX2 is the perfect introduction to RC. It's a great little heli to start with. Perfect indoor flier and a fun outdoors on super calm days. You can mod the hell out of it and upgrade it to your hearts....more like your wallets ability! It is a stable enough heli to learn all your orientation skills with. So tail in hover, nose in hover, then side in hovers, forward and reverse flight. Once you have those basics covered you can do like most of us have done and move onto bigger single rotor heli's. In the single rotors you can get fixed pitch and collective pitch machines. Another great tool is a flight sim, you can find lots on the web that come with usb controllers, or if you get a CX2 you can get a training cable that allows you to fly the sim with your stock controller. Tons of options to move into this hobby with.

I love my CX2 and will always have it. Great little heli too much fun to get rid of. When I can't get outside to fly you can always hover it in the living room!
Welcome to the hobby and ask as many questions as you can type. The guys in this forum are the best! We can get you from never touching a tx to nose in hovers in no time
Old 11-21-2007, 10:29 PM
stump3r

G,

Nope just got a call from my buddy! It's at his house....wondered why in the hell the wife is hiding stuff at his house He said come on over and we will fly it in his basement! All I heard was his wife yelling in the background to shut the hell up or he was going to be sleeping in my garage
No FP till Christmas G can I come over
Old 11-21-2007, 10:38 PM
gpach

Stump, am thinking of heading to the shop on the weekend. Not a lot of room but at least its warm. I noticed that the middle bay was about 1/2 empty. i will monitor for the next 2 days and see how it looks Friday. Will email you if it looks good.

Have you figured out how to get the windscreen template on the inside of your extreme canopy? If so, i need some help.

Regards
Old 11-21-2007, 11:15 PM
stump3r

G, not yet, haven't had much time to play with heli stuff. Wife is working nights again so I'm home playing Mr. Mom most nights. Il have to play with it and finger it out
Old 11-21-2007, 11:30 PM
gpach

I will have to go back through this forum, i think wheelnut or one of the others has done a nice job on the extreme canopy. I got the paint, just a little unsure how to get the window blank in place properly.

Regards
Old 11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
stump3r

I'll give it a go this weekend sometime. Super busy with the wife working now. I have no time at all for heli's....just jump on here when I get a few free seconds. Terrible...no time for helicopters.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 PM
ccarey1234

hey guys this is a little off topic from what you guys are talking about but i was on the site Helihobby.com looking at the upgrades for the Blade CX2 and i am a little confused about which parts are upgrades from both the cx and the cx2 are all parts interchangeable or just some? also what upgrades do you guys think are the most important if i am a beginner and am not looking for agressive flight?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:10 AM
stump3r

Bling it all mechanical, airframe and blade parts are interchangable between the CX and CX2. The only difference between the CX, CX2 and CX2 v2 is the transmitter (tx) and receiver (rx). For great flight and durability I would say these are must have upgrades. Being new to all this take your time you don't have to spend it all at one time. Starting from most important to bling only

1. Xtreme blades and grips.
2. Aluminum upper hub and bearing.
3. Aluminum lower hub.
4. Boomtown landing skids unbreakable.
These will pretty much keep you in the air. The Xtreme blades and grips fold upon an impact and the blades are alot stronger than stock. Nice part is you will not have to worry so much about balancing blades to keep things from shaking apart. Aluminum hubs for the added strength on the the blade stubs. The Boomtown skids are a must have. Hard landings are a phase you will go through while learning and breaking gear will be a thing of the past with these.
5. CF or aluminum tail boom.
6. Aluminum swashplate. Precise fit little better control.
7. Higher rated lipos Look at something like an 850 mah 15 to 20 C rating. Higher C rating gives more power longer. Great flights.
8. Xtreme 180 motors.

That pretty much covers my bird from nose to tail.
Take your time with it and just have fun. If you add all this at once without learning how to tune her will cause you nothing but grief. Read through the guide of all guides [link=http://193.172.72.35/cx2/]Soloboss Guide to the CX2[/link] It will help you alot in figuring things out.
When all else fails....someone here will always help out!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:04 AM
Whistler71

ORIGINAL: stump3r

Not like I have much of a choice The wife hid the damn thing on me...I can't find it. I took some pictures of it late last night, get home from work tonight and it's gone. The kids tell me it's over at her buddies place....so mcuh for looking and drooling!
Good on HER! Sucka![&o]

G, with your advice, you are worse than the KIDS![X(]

CCAREY, the CX2 IMHO is the BEST started heli as it is easy to fly and durable.

As for "Must have upgrades" I will sort of disagree with stump. What you need before upgrades is stick time and/or simulator time. To get stick time, you need extra batteries such as a DNA or SMC, and a better charger such as a FMA Cellpro 4S with appropriate adaptors. The extreme landing skids and many spare blades. As for the Xtreme blades and grips, the jury is still out on that one, I think that most people prefer the stock blades. Whatever you decide, get many spares. The aluminum grip inner hub (which newer CX2's come with) is good, the lower alu blade grip is good too. Then the alu swashplate. The farther down the road, and if you want to do so called performance flying (which is kind of an oxymoron in my books) you can get CF boom kit, 180 motors.

Look at the SOLOBOSS page which is extremely helpfull.

As for blinging up your heli, remember to do ONE UPGRADE AT A TIME. Add a part, FLY IT. Add another part, FLY it. Do NOT ADD ALL PARTS AT ONCE. What has happened to some people is that they added all the bling at once and then the heli flies badly, makiing it impossible to pinpoint where the problem lies.

Don't worry about going off topic, we do that all the time!
Old 11-22-2007, 01:10 AM
blk822

CCAREY1234 I beleive the frames are differet between the cx and the cx2. I got one for the cx and it was definatley different than the cx2. But I think all the upgrades are the same.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:28 AM
stump3r

Oh I hate it when I have to agree with Whistler Move up the higher rated lipo's from 7 to at least number 2 on the list! That will be one of the best investments you can make. Xtreme blades and grips....I run them and love them. Jury is in and it's a winner in my books. I've rattled those blades off many a piece of furniture that would have killed stock blades and shafts and those Xtremes keep coming back for more! As the British would say....great piece of kit!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:40 AM
cx2cp+

stump, you mean the xtreme blades survived the chest from hell that bites helis? (i think that is the one you have) - mine's one of the harry potter boggart wardrobe things, it likes to jump out as i come around the corner back to the coffee table/airport and eat stock wakera blades - i may need to see if they make xtreme's for the little walkera, or just scare it to death with its xtreme cx big brother a few times and maybe it will leave the little walkera alone

edge
Old 11-22-2007, 11:22 AM
gpach

Stump, SOL on the shop this weekend. They are planning on hauling a wack of I-beam into the center bay for some pump skids. There is a small chance the shipment may not get here but doubtful.

I need a heli fix this weekend. Maybe have to spend some time tweeking and testing the F40 with different pinions and motors (8 tooth, 10 tooth with 11.1 V and 12 tooth with 7.2 V cells). Try to find a combination of good low temperature on the motor with good flight time. So far best is 11.1 volt and 8 tooth, 7.2 V and 10 tooth is a lame 6 mins. I want to see what 12 tooth and 7.2 does to flight time and temperature (mostly cause I have a couple 1300 mah 7.2 volt cells that are currently paperweights).

Ho hum, wish I was in the US on Holdiay so I could play with the helis all day!

Old 11-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Whistler71

ORIGINAL: stump3r

Oh I hate it when I have to agree with Whistler Move up the higher rated lipo's from 7 to at least number 2 on the list! That will be one of the best investments you can make. Xtreme blades and grips....I run them and love them. Jury is in and it's a winner in my books. I've rattled those blades off many a piece of furniture that would have killed stock blades and shafts and those Xtremes keep coming back for more! As the British would say....great piece of kit!
Oh! Do I hate it too when you agree with me! On the running into things with your CX2, you guys have to stop that crashing! That goes for you CX2CP+ too!

I am just relating statements that I have read pertaining to the blades...

Hey G, whatchout using Lipos as paperweights, could be a fiery combo!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:56 PM
markbidwell

Hey guys, What is the best way to go for extra LiPos for the CX2? I would rather not have to modify anything on the bird. Are the DN two for $35 on ebay a good choice?
Old 11-22-2007, 11:16 PM
evdreamer

I like the DN's. I have about twenty cycles on two of them. I have heard that some don't last that long. That is why I am keeping a detailed record of them. But right now I don't see them failing any time soon. The Xtreme batteries are a lot thicker than stock. You might have a hard time putting it in the stock battery tray. But they are nice batteries. I also have heard good things about the SMC batteries.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Wolfpackin

I agree with evdreamer.
I've had good luck so far with my DN 900mAh, about 55 cycles and still strong.
SMC has only 22 cycles, but I like it too.
These are the first batteries I did a break-in on so that may help as well.

BTW:
DN 900mAh & 850mAh
MegaPower
SMC
All fit nicely in the stock tray.

DN 900mAh is the only one that is lighter than stock...always a good thing.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:15 AM
Whistler71

ORIGINAL: markbidwell

Hey guys, What is the best way to go for extra LiPos for the CX2? I would rather not have to modify anything on the bird. Are the DN two for $35 on ebay a good choice?
In simple words, my vote would be YES! I also have SMC Lightning which are also good.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:44 AM
stump3r

Hey Edge,

Yes the Xtreme blades survived the chest from hell They are not tough enough to withstand the vengence of a three year old though. My middle son stacked a box on a chair and got my CX2 off the top of the fridge....one stock canopy and one lower blade TOAST! Little monster. Would have been more impressed if he figured out how to fly the damn thing...then crash it....that would have been worth a high five and a hug....Dad would have been proud!
Old 11-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Whistler71

Hey Stump, you gotta find a better hiding spot! Maybe the same place your wife is hiding your present! Dad should still be proud, that was quite ingenious!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Wolfpackin

stump,

Time for one of these?

Of course you'll need a lock!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj24152.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	809699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40688.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	809700  
Old 11-23-2007, 01:05 AM
stump3r

oh of course....don't call him my little monkey for nothing. He is also a little mechanical genius...he is taking his toys apart to see how they tick. Loves anything that has gears and what not. Is great! Chip off the old block he is. After christmas once I'm allowed to play with the FP I'm going to let him fly it Hell check out the youtube vids of the 4 year old flyin a Trex....I'm thinkin my boy can handle the CX2
Old 11-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Whistler71

ORIGINAL: Wolfpackin

stump,

Time for one of these?

Of course you'll need a lock!

Nice box, good idea!

Hey Stump, do you have a SIM? Maybe the kid could practise on that...
Old 11-23-2007, 01:30 AM
stump3r

My 7 year old is actually pretty good at the sim but just won't take the tx and fly the real thing. Not sure what that is about. Cole (3) is the other way around loves the real thing but won't get close to the sim. Maybe my success will land with the youngest! Couple of years before he is ready. Did I mention I love having all boys! Somebody to share my toys with.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:38 AM
Wolfpackin

Off topic, but speaking of boys:
This is the core of the Wolfpack.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99765.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	809715  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.