Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2712

Thread: Blade CX-2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Blade CX-2

ORIGINAL: DaxFX

yeah baby !!!! I destroy my CX2 that was very fun to see......... [:'(] i think I was redy to go outside inverted (NOT). yea I flew almost complete battery without touching the floor but I try a fast forward I was too close to a house then I got confuse try go backwards but since controling is inverted too I got desoriented and hit a wall very hard.. wow enemy wins cx2 destroy mission failed. hehehe I am going now tho the shop to buy few parts. I need the rotor (upper one) main rod ( Ithink is called main shaft) all the blades and the flybar .

hey kids try this in home !!!!!! but keep and extra $50.00 for parts when you finish your flight.
    OR, TAKE IT SLOW AND DON'T GO OUTSIDE RIGHT AWAY!

Stump, you NEED to get a better heli!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ArrowNaughtic

The easiest way to do that inverted flying like the vid is to do exactly what he did. Glue your box to the cieling on your back porch and flip the camera upside down.......... Look at the siding on the house..... its upside down. O wait, maybe he inverted the house!
    Excellent video editing but rest assured guys, a CX will never fly inverted under control. they do flyinverted just before some of the more spectacular crashes tho......LOL

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!

you dont know what are you talking about ... I have beaing 2 days flying inverted with blades settup inverted .. and is possible. only that you have to be inverted all the time . and hand launch by the skids....

dont talk if you dont know !!!!

i agree that the vid looks kind a of Special effect. in outside is like a kid that never move. and in the inside inverted looks like some vinyl tile on the cealing . also if you notice the light is like is a bulb in fron of the box but the shadow looks normal so that vid is not convencing me..........

what do I know if that I was able to fly mine inverted.... just invert blade upside down and change the lower ones to upper and upper to lower. and you will have yor CX2 flying inverted .....
    Sorry you need to play Tetris with my english !!
    www.youtube.com/daxfx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Whistler don't know if it's a better heli but have my #4. Certainly cheaper By this fall I'll have a 400 class machine of some sort in my hanger. Still debating on what to get. I'll see if gpach will give me a deal on his Trex cause he will be soo in love with his Diablo :P
    MSR, Gaui 200SD, 200EX, 200SEV2 255, CX500SE, DX7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow! what a great way to learn inverted orientation. Going to have to try that, but i'll make sure the parts are on hand first.

Got notification that the replacement collars for the XTREME stuff was delayed. It wont be here till mid next week. Damn customs in LA

Michael
    Michael Bernstein, President, USHobbySupply
    Please PM me if I miss your question in a thread

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the update, Michael. I was wondering what was going on with that. It's probably due to increased shipping at the holiday times.
    TREX 450 V2 (BLK), CC35, 12T; NEU 1107/2Y
    TREX 450 V2 (SLVR), CC45, 14T; NEU 1107/2Y

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now that I closely look at that video I posted I'm not sure if he is really inverted. If you pause it while hes flying you can see that the blades are slightly arched downwards.
    I still do think you can fly inverted if you just flip your blades like what daxfx did.
    I apologize to everyone who after watching that video tried to fly inverted and crashed.
    <<--- My dogs first look and sniff at her worst nightmare.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok I read the WHOLE thing.... I'm now an unofficial expert. Took me about a week.

My brother-in-law purchased the G4 simulator this week. I'm not sure what to think. I have real flight simulator experience (Delta's Level D sim for MD-90s) as well as many other flight sims for PCs. I think it is too easy, or I'm ready for a FP heli and have only flown my CX2 on two packs. One of them was for setup. I had minimal problems with orientation. I then put it away for Christmas.

I was able to fly 3-d in G4 with several helicopters with minimal crashes. Usually from disorientation when flying nose-in. I'm guessing that G4 is just not as difficult as the real deal? I didn't have any problem flying the planes either and crashed when trying to do insane things that I would never try with a real plane.

I'm trying to get FMS setup with my CX2 controller. Hopefully I can get that fixed up.

Thanks for all the good info. I did have to read some really off topic stuff to get through it though. I now know several things I didn't before! I think my next purchase will be a better charger and some more batteries. I'm also going to get my daughters a Mini-T to share for Christmas. That way we can play together and I can use similar batteries and charger.
    Rex
    E-Flite CX2
    XXX-T Brushless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rweatherford

Ok I read the WHOLE thing.... I'm now an unofficial expert. Took me about a week.

My brother-in-law purchased the G4 simulator this week. I'm not sure what to think. I have real flight simulator experience (Delta's Level D sim for MD-90s) as well as many other flight sims for PCs. I think it is too easy, or I'm ready for a FP heli and have only flown my CX2 on two packs. One of them was for setup. I had minimal problems with orientation. I then put it away for Christmas.

I was able to fly 3-d in G4 with several helicopters with minimal crashes. Usually from disorientation when flying nose-in. I'm guessing that G4 is just not as difficult as the real deal? I didn't have any problem flying the planes either and crashed when trying to do insane things that I would never try with a real plane.

I'm trying to get FMS setup with my CX2 controller. Hopefully I can get that fixed up.

Thanks for all the good info. I did have to read some really off topic stuff to get through it though. I now know several things I didn't before! I think my next purchase will be a better charger and some more batteries. I'm also going to get my daughters a Mini-T to share for Christmas. That way we can play together and I can use similar batteries and charger.
    Well REX, welcome to the FAMILY!

I am tremendously impressed that you seemingly have taken the time to read through 85 pages of relevant and irrelevant yet related stuff. In getting to know each other in here, it is sometimes fun to discuss other things other than the CX2. Our common bond is that we all have a CX2 and perhaps other helis as well. The CX2 is a learner heli and if "pilots" that are in this forum have flown other more advanced helis, this can be helpfull to all.

I agree with you in part. Some things such as flying inverted is easier in the sim. Other things such as the hover excercise is not realistic and this is much easier to do in RL.

The other factor to consider is the balls receding into your insides when getting nervous in RL thinking of a potential crash and/or the associated costs![X(]

Have fun with your daughter!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RC Heli Hobby is = $$$$ so try to spend only what is necesary save the money for when you really need it. dont go buy all accesories and blings and all stuff just fly your CX2 keep liked that for a while buy few spare blades before you start your CX2 life and try to keep few extra ones. is very bad that you charge the battery on sunday fly 30 second damage a blade and no replecement untill monday.

You will love your CX2
    www.youtube.com/daxfx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh I got a spare bag of upper and lower blades and another stock battery and training gear. I'm not going to think I won't crash it because I know I will. Just depends on how stupid I get. I'm ready to try a shortened flybar and try to avoid the "clack of death". Doesn't sound too fun. I'd like to keep a stock flybar too so my girls can try flying it. (crashes anyone?) [:@]

My girls are 7, 5, and 3.

Rex
    E-Flite CX2
    XXX-T Brushless

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rex, welcome to the addiction!!!! Your wallet will never be the same .... and you will have a perpetual smile plastered on your face for an hour after a flight...even the bad ones produce a smile....it's great. One little tip I'll give you is if you run into trouble post outside of this thread in the Eflite forum as things tend to get lost in this thread sometimes, then again you read the whole damn thing so I think you can see how off topic we get in here
    Three girls...I have three boys 7, 3 and 10 months. Rex...you better get all your heli parts stocked up before they hit the teenage years....all that designer gear girls need is gonna break you

Again welcome, ask lots of questions and number one....have fun!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey REX, start by taking the weights that are in the end of the flybar inside the rubber boots. That will help the clack thing.

You'll need more than a bag of spare blades!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Welcome! Soon, you will have all kinds of spare parts, bent shafts and other goodies laying around!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,

I'm new here and fairly new to helicopters. I have a Blade CX2 for about three months now.

I for one believe the time spent reading this thread was worth it.

I have the V1.5 BCX2 with the aluminum upper head, 3 in 1/separate receiver, and the fused motors.

The only upgrades i have done are the Boomtown Skids and Boom in red.

One other "mod" I have done is paint about 1 inch of all blade tips white. This has been a great help in close quarters in my cellar. I find it easier if I can clearly see the blade tips.

Next will be a better charger and a third and fourth battery.

I'm pretty much decent with nose in hover, side in gives me more trouble. I am currently working on spot landings on an 18 inch square coffee table while nose in.

fun stuff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Welcome! Good for you for reading all the posts! [8D] There is a lot of good info there, but it takes a while to get through!

Personally, nose-in is the hardest orientation. I'm pretty good at side-in, but am still working on nose in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you want more response, move the connections on the servo arms farther out.

This will do two things:
    1: more control
    2: faster control
    notasme

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DRHDRH, WELCOME to the MONEY PIT!

All kidding aside, the CX2 is really not that expensive and is a tough heli...

A better charger or two will charge your bateries keep them in better condition for longer. The FMA Cellpro is a good no-nonsense charger. just make sure that if and when you order it that you buy the appropriate adaptor to work with the balanced connector which comes with your batteries.

I am especially glad to hear that you found this thread to be informative, YES, there are many off topic posts but they are still mostly heli related!

Funny that you find nose in easier than side in, for me, I found side in much easier almost being able to do that from day 1! Nose in took quite some time![]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a tougher time with side in for sure.

I need more time to think with side in. All of my recent crashes have involved side in and a basement support column in some way!

I agree it is a pretty tough heli. My worst crash stripped several teeth on the outer shaft main gear because I did not cut power soon enough.

I believe the CF boom made a significant difference in the way the heli handles. Here is what I wrote on another forum.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Well I just put on the Boomtown CF boom and unbreakable skids, I got the red ones. I really like the look better than stock. My BCX2 is completely stock other than the boom and skids.

I tested it out in the cellar and I don't know if it is just me but I believe it flies quite a bit different. First of all balance is slightly off, it wants to wander forward. This is pretty easy to correct by adjusting the transmitter trim tabs. It also seems that ground effect now also affects low level flight more. Overall performance is not a change for the worse by any means, the heli seems a bit more responsive.

It also seems more aggressive as far as applying power goes. The BCX2 seems to climb out quite a bit better. I think this could be due to slightly lower weight and probably also because the huge stock tail section is no longer blocking a significant portion of the rotor downwash. Come to think of it, I wonder if this is also a factor in the slow forward movement. Any thoughts?"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may go with the DN Power G2 balance charger. I like the fact that you can charge up to 4 cells at once or two BCX2 batteries.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey guys !! I buy my second battery yesturday and I am having a issue ... with 1st battery I have to trim right the rudder and with 2nd battery I have to trim left. do yue remember few page back that I tell that i was notice the battery with less flight time remember whistler71 so since that day I have to use the proportional trim almost complete to right for get good power in both motor. now with new batter is like the proportional trim is like way too much to the right. I think that 1st battery is not getting complete power..

what you think!
    www.youtube.com/daxfx

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: drhdrh

I have a tougher time with side in for sure.

I need more time to think with side in. All of my recent crashes have involved side in and a basement support column in some way!

I agree it is a pretty tough heli. My worst crash stripped several teeth on the outer shaft main gear because I did not cut power soon enough.

I believe the CF boom made a significant difference in the way the heli handles. Here is what I wrote on another forum.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Well I just put on the Boomtown CF boom and unbreakable skids, I got the red ones. I really like the look better than stock. My BCX2 is completely stock other than the boom and skids.

I tested it out in the cellar and I don't know if it is just me but I believe it flies quite a bit different. First of all balance is slightly off, it wants to wander forward. This is pretty easy to correct by adjusting the transmitter trim tabs. It also seems that ground effect now also affects low level flight more. Overall performance is not a change for the worse by any means, the heli seems a bit more responsive.

It also seems more aggressive as far as applying power goes. The BCX2 seems to climb out quite a bit better. I think this could be due to slightly lower weight and probably also because the huge stock tail section is no longer blocking a significant portion of the rotor downwash. Come to think of it, I wonder if this is also a factor in the slow forward movement. Any thoughts?"
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I may go with the DN Power G2 balance charger. I like the fact that you can charge up to 4 cells at once or two BCX2 batteries.
    The part about the CF boom making a significant difference was obvious especially thinking of it not being blown around in the wind part, but the idea that it helps forward movement was eye opening for me. I didn't think of that and I am sure it is true. The larger boom would cause pressure on the tail from the down force of the wind causing the tail to be pushed down and thus slowing forward flight.
    If it\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'s not broke, fix it until it is

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dax, I would not worry about it too much. It's just one of those things. If this were happening to my heli, I would just adjust it and go with it.[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yep, as batteries get older (more usage 'cycles') they just don't do as well as they did when they were new - same thing with us old people lol - getting old sucks

you could remove the centering spring from the left stick and then it wouldn't matter as you wouldn't have to trim it out anymore

edge
    all over the place and just happy to be there

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Kids, here is what has been keeping me from flying lately!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sq46886.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	818776  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How cute is that. I always wanted a daughter. I would dress up one of my three boys as a girl....but that's just wrong! Congrats again on the little princess Whistler, they grow up real quick on you! I blinked and my oldest is 7. I'm scared I'm gonna blink again and he will be wanting the keys to the truck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW !!! that little girl is smoller than the cat !! WOW that photo is a Worth 1,000,000. I am graphic artist and photograper and I know on good shoots. also I have a cat photo studio and take photo of cat at the position you whant is very difficult .... I am cat groomer, and cat photographer. and graphic designer....

check my cat art work

www.miaomiaohotel.com
    www.youtube.com/daxfx

Page 87 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast