Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 2712

Thread: Blade CX-2

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Blade CX-2

I hope I am not jumping into the wrong area, since I don't have a cx-2. I just traded a guy a spitfire for a blade cx. I am hoping most of you guys had one and since they are fairly similiar, I had a question. What is the best price and performance Li-Po to use in these. I think I have a bad stock battery. After charge, it only gives me about 3 min of flight. Also notice that if I go WOT, the green light goes red on the 4in1. I have only been trying to hover in the garage, but it is getting frustrating with only a couple of minutes to try and dial it in. Does that sound like a battery problem?? Thanks Dave.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rogue29, We are all here to help. Did you charge the Bat when you first unpacked the bird?? Just wondering. It sounds like you may have a used one if you traded. These Li-Pos are kinda like babies. You have to take it easy on them the first few flights. Never run it completely down for the first 5 or six flights. Infact you don't want to ever run it completely down. I run all my Li-Po's in at half to 2/3's there rate and recharge after about 10 mins. I think you should have gotten a longer flight then that unless it was a bad Bat. to start with. . Keep us informed. Towerman53
    Scratch it till it bleeds Convert it till it chokes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I just made the plunge and purchased the CX2, it just came in the mail today so when I get home from work my new toy will be there! Looking forward to flying this little helo! Quick question as I have not read all the instructions but can you charge the batteries with an Ice charger to speed up the charging process and then use the balancer? I have three packs but if I can charge them quicker than the 1.5 -2 hours of charging would prefer to do that. Started reading the forums here but only got to read 5 pages so far so I have awhile before I make it through all of them! lol Also picked up a cheap simulator if that will help at all! Plan on being a regular here as long as I have the patience!
    T-Rex 450SE, Sea Fury 400, P-47D, Lancair ES, Ultra Mini Stick, Traxxas Revo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't know about the ice charger I would stick to the oem one till I got word from someone else. the simulator is fun and helps a lot on basics...good way to spend the 1.5- 2hrs till flight time =)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Hooker,

I also have a Celectra charger along with 3 FMA Cellpro chargers, needless to say that the FMA's perform much better than the Celectra. Although the cost is more. The issue with the Celectra is that it is not a balanced charger. Don't get me wrong, the Celectra is pretty good, inexpensive and better than the stock charger, that's for sure.

If you are looking for tons of fun in a small package for indoors, may I recommend the Walkera 5#5 or 5#6, they are both awesome indoor fun.

Rogue, sounds like a bum battery. Do you have a voltmeter? That would be the most basix way to check to see if the battery is fully charged at first...

Gene, first off welcome and you chose the best heli to start with. It really should not require too much patience on your part. The simulator would help but would recommend that you invest in a better one such as the Real Flight G3.5. I don't see a problem you using an Ice charger to recharge your lipos, just make sure to not charge faster than 1C (About 1A) as it will damage your batteries. You can have a balancer plugged to the balanced lead of your batteries at the same time as you are recharging (I have used an Astro Blinky which worked well), or other people just plug the balancer every once in a while as in theory your battery should be balanced.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Whistler! Picked up the CX2 used so it did not come with the balancer guess I will use my LHS gift card and get one! Tested the heli out with the training gear on it and while I did not get the heli over 3 feet up just familearized my self with the controls and tested the heli to make sure everything worked and that the blades tracked okay. Will have to get the heat sinks for the motors as they did get a bit hot! The simulator while it is only a cheap version with no co-axial heli it does give me the chance to play with the controller and get more familear with the movements. Looking forward to really playing with this thing on my days off here starting tommorrow! Going to read the manual today! lol Thanks Gene
    T-Rex 450SE, Sea Fury 400, P-47D, Lancair ES, Ultra Mini Stick, Traxxas Revo

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gene465,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Co-Axe. My bats won't charge fast enough I'm having so much fun with mine. I'm just wondering for the rest of you in the know guys, Where is the cheapest place to get the up-grade parts for the CX2?? E-Flite pref but will look at others as well. Whistler, your rigft about all on the charger/bal. I just didn't want to stear someone into a charger that was as high as there copter. I have 4 or 5 Li-po/ion chargers myself. I fly 1/3 scale aerobats and scale where I use fromeco/smartfly type systems so there's a lot of chargers/bal around here. I think my next money throwing venture will be for a Honey Bee King II. Right now I'm just looking for the best deal. All of you have a Very Happy New Year and happy flying. Hooker53
    Scratch it till it bleeds Convert it till it chokes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Whistler71

ORIGINAL: GalacticFattPatt

Just got back from the 2 battery flight, with the new servo settings. WOW! It is like a new helicopter. This should be the first suggested upgrade for those looking to take the next step in flying. It goes some much faster and I love the new control on it. I am hovering better now than before. Now I just need to get one more battery and 2 more chargers and I will be able to have 4 battery flights. [8D]
    GFP OUT
    GFP, I would recommend getting a better charger instead of getting 2 more ****ty ones such as the stock one. The CX2 type of battery charge really fast with a good charger!
    I checked out better chargers at my LHS and they charge at a lower AMP rate than the ones that come with, and they are more expensive. So with a .65 AMP charge rate on the stock chargers, and the lower cost, it seems better to go with multiple chargers. If I get one of the expensive ones, then I still have to wait long periods in between flights. With my method I can have all 4 charged in 1-2 hours and have 15-30 minutes of flight time. Am I am missing something here, cause I am still knew to this, but that is what I was able to figure out was the best for the buck.[8D]
    gfp out

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This was a post I fired off to e-flite today...do any of you guys have any suggestions...as you can tell my son and I are very disappointed in this heli!

Hey Guys,

Thanks alot for a truly crappy experience with the Blade CX2 factory tested ready to fly right out of the box piece of crap we got for Christmas! The first Blade we bought was so badly adjusted...that the store owner stated that there was no way that it could have been test flown...because he...an experienced pilot with CPs and Blades and you name it...couldn't trim it out enough to keep it from slamming into a wall!!! Then, we get home with our replacement cx2 and guess what... it won't hover either....I went through THREE battery charges trying to trim the damn thing out....following your instruction book to the letter....and it still goes off at extremes at about a half inch off the floor...forget trying to actually get the damn thing in the air!
    When I call your help line I get " we're really busy here after Christmas...pop the rods and level out the lower swash plate"...are you kidding me?...does that sound like an adjustment a new flyer should be making for something that's supposedly ready to fly right out of the box? especially when it's my second helicopter? could it be that maybe you were in too big of a rush to keep up with demand on these things and they were not properly adjusted and tested at the factory...as you claim? And of course my local hobby shop was so busy with all the other new flyer problems...their answer for the SECOND CX2 not working...was to say... "there's this guy who's an expert pilot with these things...maybe when he comes in for a visit...which he might do after New Year's Day...maybe...IF YOU CATCH HIM... HE can help you!"

I did a ton of on-line research and talked with a lot of people who swore by these things and that my ten year old and I would love the Blade...much more than the Lama 3 and 4 that I've flown!...oh...and for those of you who are by now probably saying..."pilot error is this guys problem" the first time I walked into the hobby shop...I flew the CX2 in a space about 7-8 foot square!

So, once again...thanks for totaly ruining my son's and my Christmas with a PIECE OF CRAP that doesn't work!!!

John Willis

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

John,

Your certainly not the first to have this problem nor will you be the last. Unfortunately tested at factory and trimmed for flight are two different things. I too had a heli that was a real bear to fly out of the box, truth be known in hind sight I'm surprised I even got the damn thing in the air the first time I flew it. I guess you could say the thing that saved this heli for me as a super bad crash within minutes of it's first flight. Cost me a few dollars in parts however I learned how to set her up with the help of the boys within this very forum. Now after a fairly steep learning curve I had this heli dialed right in. Within an hour of completing the repairs I had a hands off hover. I'm more upset with Eflite stating these things are flyable right out of the box. Mine certainly wasn't and I know of several others that frequent the forums that had a similar experience. Most of us have learned to tweak these birds and set them up to be super fliers. Even my second heli needed adjustments out of the box. I would say to take the time to learn it, set it and fly it. You won't be disappointed. Lord knows I love mine.
    MSR, Gaui 200SD, 200EX, 200SEV2 255, CX500SE, DX7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the words of encouragement...I hope to be meeting with a local expert pilot tomorrow who can help me make the kind of adjustments you're talking about! will keep you informed!

did you go with the training gear...and did you have the CX tweeked for the training gear?

John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No, never did the training gear thing. Usually don't have the patience for that, kind of a downfall I guess.
    I certainly think training gear would be a good thing, prevents the tip overs that can chew up blades and shafts. Let us know how you make out tomorrow if they can't help you out, the boys that come here, also known as "The Collective" will get you airborne.

First step have a read through this CX2 Setup Guide this will help plus create a host of questions. Let us know what we can help with.

Cheers,
    Shane
    MSR, Gaui 200SD, 200EX, 200SEV2 255, CX500SE, DX7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stump3r

No, never did the training gear thing. Usually don't have the patience for that, kind of a downfall I guess.
    I certainly think training gear would be a good thing, prevents the tip overs that can chew up blades and shafts. Let us know how you make out tomorrow if they can't help you out, the boys that come here, also known as "The Collective" will get you airborne.

First step have a read through this CX2 Setup Guide this will help plus create a host of questions. Let us know what we can help with.

Cheers,
    Shane
    I personally think that training gear with the CX2 is not needed. The only thing you have to make sure you do is to shut'er down after any tip over to prevent burning of the motors or 4 in 1. (Left stick DOWN!)

Gallactic, GET a FMA CELLPRO, it is really great!

Gene, an Astro Blinky Balancer is only about $20... I have one and it really has worked great for me. If you want to spend $75, get a FMA Cellpro.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

GFP,

My problem with the stock charger is that it can't keep the cells balanced. All 3 of my batteries were unbalanced by .1V between cells. Maybe I just got a bad one.

You might also want to look at E-Sky chargers. They look similar to the E-Flite and can be found on Ebay for $12 or so. That's my plan. Keep in mind that you'll also need a power adapter for each one of the chargers (either brand) if you want to use them simultaneously in the house.

Chris

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With regard to the poor flying right out of the box.......par for the course with such small components and relatively coarse threads for adjustment.
    My CX-2 was a little sod....just skated across the floor.
    Soooooooo.............
    First place to look is the swashplate...it has to be perpendicular to the shaft....mine was two turns out of whack.
    Better hover but had to still tweak it some to get decent flight. Flies like a bird now.
    Went through the same with the CP-Pro too.
    It's a bummer, I know.....'spensive, can be....infuriating, sometimes.....fun..definitely.
    I thought out my learning curve and went through two sets of plastic spares and then invest in the alum goodies in the transmission...still use the standard bladegrips and flybar but the bearing supports and swashplate are alum.
    Persist with the CX-2...she's a good starting point....but don't expect too much...there's only so much you can do with such a small unit.
    I have one CX-2, 2 Pros and a Rex and each is set up a little different to the book......I'm not a 3-D person but more into the precision flying....a helluvalottafun below 10 ft.
    Be not discouraged.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dadtaylor

This was a post I fired off to e-flite today...do any of you guys have any suggestions...as you can tell my son and I are very disappointed in this heli!

Hey Guys,

Thanks alot for a truly crappy experience with the Blade CX2 factory tested ready to fly right out of the box piece of crap we got for Christmas! The first Blade we bought was so badly adjusted...that the store owner stated that there was no way that it could have been test flown...because he...an experienced pilot with CPs and Blades and you name it...couldn't trim it out enough to keep it from slamming into a wall!!! Then, we get home with our replacement cx2 and guess what... it won't hover either....I went through THREE battery charges trying to trim the damn thing out....following your instruction book to the letter....and it still goes off at extremes at about a half inch off the floor...forget trying to actually get the damn thing in the air!
    When I call your help line I get " we're really busy here after Christmas...pop the rods and level out the lower swash plate"...are you kidding me?...does that sound like an adjustment a new flyer should be making for something that's supposedly ready to fly right out of the box? especially when it's my second helicopter? could it be that maybe you were in too big of a rush to keep up with demand on these things and they were not properly adjusted and tested at the factory...as you claim? And of course my local hobby shop was so busy with all the other new flyer problems...their answer for the SECOND CX2 not working...was to say... "there's this guy who's an expert pilot with these things...maybe when he comes in for a visit...which he might do after New Year's Day...maybe...IF YOU CATCH HIM... HE can help you!"

I did a ton of on-line research and talked with a lot of people who swore by these things and that my ten year old and I would love the Blade...much more than the Lama 3 and 4 that I've flown!...oh...and for those of you who are by now probably saying..."pilot error is this guys problem" the first time I walked into the hobby shop...I flew the CX2 in a space about 7-8 foot square!

So, once again...thanks for totaly ruining my son's and my Christmas with a PIECE OF CRAP that doesn't work!!!

John Willis
    That's the biggest LIE in the Rc aircraft field - Ready To Fly. In my experience with both Helis and planks, NOTHING is truly RTF out of the box. Depending on who wa sassembling and testing your Heli on the day that it was produced, you will either get something that is CLOSE to RTF or something that needs a lot of work.

I got so frustreated with my first CX2, that I bought a second one! THEN, I found these forums and those on HeliFreak and RC Groups. Once I saw what others were doing to correct problems and got over my fear of tearing the thing apart, I have been golden ever since.

It does sound like you got some "Monday Helis", though....
    TREX 450 V2 (BLK), CC35, 12T; NEU 1107/2Y
    TREX 450 V2 (SLVR), CC45, 14T; NEU 1107/2Y

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I'm ready to start "tearing" I've been staring at this damn thing for over a week waiting for this "expert" to get back and help me...I think he picked this time to take a sabatical! The main thing I have noticed when I try to do the factory prescribed "1 inch hover" is that all it wants to do is spin to the left and scoot backwards across the floor...any adjustments I do...like full forward trim tab and almost full right trim tab results in the helicopter then wanting to do a sideways scoot to the right...help!

John

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dadtaylor

Well I'm ready to start "tearing" I've been staring at this damn thing for over a week waiting for this "expert" to get back and help me...I think he picked this time to take a sabatical! The main thing I have noticed when I try to do the factory prescribed "1 inch hover" is that all it wants to do is spin to the left and scoot backwards across the floor...any adjustments I do...like full forward trim tab and almost full right trim tab results in the helicopter then wanting to do a sideways scoot to the right...help!

John
    Lets start with one problem at a time.

Spin to the left. If you are saying that you adjusted your trim full right, and still..it wants to spin left? Then you need to adjust the proportional trim on the 3n1 as described in the manual. Adjusting that dial will send more power to one motor than the other, which provides more spin to one blade than the other. The CX2 "spins" left or right based upon the speed of the specific blade. Lets get this part fixed first, then we will adress the scooting backwards problem.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When you level the swash plate do you make sure the sorvo arms are level also
    Carl
    MCX CX2 CPP B400 Trex 500 DX6i
    Hyperion EOS 0606i AC/DC Carl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Carljw

When you level the swash plate do you make sure the sorvo arms are level also
    Carl
    THAT is where you START with leveling the swash. Since we have no sub-trims available for us to get it perfect, get it as close as you can and then proceed.
    TREX 450 V2 (BLK), CC35, 12T; NEU 1107/2Y
    TREX 450 V2 (SLVR), CC45, 14T; NEU 1107/2Y

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: stump3r

John,

Your certainly not the first to have this problem nor will you be the last. Unfortunately tested at factory and trimmed for flight are two different things. I too had a heli that was a real bear to fly out of the box, truth be known in hind sight I'm surprised I even got the damn thing in the air the first time I flew it. I guess you could say the thing that saved this heli for me as a super bad crash within minutes of it's first flight. Cost me a few dollars in parts however I learned how to set her up with the help of the boys within this very forum. Now after a fairly steep learning curve I had this heli dialed right in. Within an hour of completing the repairs I had a hands off hover. I'm more upset with Eflite stating these things are flyable right out of the box. Mine certainly wasn't and I know of several others that frequent the forums that had a similar experience. Most of us have learned to tweak these birds and set them up to be super fliers. Even my second heli needed adjustments out of the box. I would say to take the time to learn it, set it and fly it. You won't be disappointed. Lord knows I love mine.
    I've meant to post my experience after buying this for myself for Christmas. I'm new to RC-anything myself. Read the manuals, did lots of research, and reading on these forums and figured this was the heli to buy. So far, so good. Third battery: broke 3 out of 4 blades, but I did something stupid. I have been able to hover at various heights and even done some circles and both nose-in/nose-out flight (very slowly). MY problem has been trimming yaw. I spent 10 batteries trying to get the hose to stop drifting right. I didn't want to mess with the proportional mixer but finally decided that was the only way to get it trimmed properly. So I've been playing with it but still can't quite get the left-drift trimmed out.

My big question is: How accurate/sensitive is the mixer pot? I've been playing with it in very small increments today and I think I've *JUST* gotten it right, but then it drifts right or left (yaw) and I have to use quite a bit of trim on the transmitter, and even then I still have to use stick to get it to hold straight on hover. I don't think I have a lemon heli but I'm wondering if this is just normal (even with the upgrade to 3-in-1 and the AR6100 receiver and aluminum upper rotor. I adjust the mixer, power back up, and increment throttle just until blades spin. However, at the LOWEST increment, I can't get both blades to rotate simultaneously. On one "notch" one blade spins, and I have to advance one more notch until the second blade spins. And when I throttle up further, one seems just a bit slower than the other. (maybe I should feel lucky and just deal with having to correct manually while flying?)

Overall, I'm LOVING RC heli's and can't wait to go up to bigger/3D models. But I don't want to get ahead of myself, and plan on practicing with this for several months first. Hard not to get stars in my eyes looking at all the 3D machines though! Also, I think scale heli's are where I *really* want to end up.

Anyway, nice heli, and I'll be thrilled if I can work out the drift in yaw.

-brett

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is it the tail that is drifting to the left or is the bird drifting to the left?
    notasme

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: notasme

Is it the tail that is drifting to the left or is the bird drifting to the left?
    It's left yaw (is that correct for tail drifting left, or heli turning clockwise?) I'm able to pretty well trim out pitch and roll, just not yaw, even with extensive adjustment to the mixer.

-b

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had it all trimed to do a almost good hover and I hit the celing in my game room and now when I try to take off all it wants to do is flop over to the left or right on its side. I cant see any thing bent and the blades thrn freeley. Guess I will have to tare it apart and look closer.After the crash the upper blades were off track so I set that and it still just flops over on it side.
    Carl
    MCX CX2 CPP B400 Trex 500 DX6i
    Hyperion EOS 0606i AC/DC Carl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Everyone,

As of this past week, I'm the proud owner of a Blade CX2. I really love this heli. It is my first heli. So, I'm still a newbie. This thread is so huge, I decided I would ask the question instead of reading through all the posts to get an answer. What is the best way for me to be able to fly this heli outdoor? Right now, I'm learning the basics in my living room. Soon, I will want to take it outside. It is windy just about every day. However, it is mostly just breezy wind and not gusty. I checked out http://www.bladecx2.com and they claim to have a solution to this. But I wanted to check with all of you because you are more experienced with this heli.

Thank you!
    Greg Marine

Page 94 of 109 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast