Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Blade CX-2

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 01:19 PM
UTM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blade CX-2

ORIGINAL: ajaxstoke

I bought a Blade CX2 2months ago, i had no heli expeirence and at first i couldn't even get the heli off the ground. next pay check i bought two packs of blades and a aluminum lower head, I installed it and learned basically how to take the thing completly apart and then i put it back together with trial and error. Over all, if i crash this thing i can fix it for cheap. I made the landing gear stronger, after i broke my first set. I moved to outside flights and got braver with it . Now when I fly my CX2 out doors fighting agains the faint wind i wish i didn't have to work and lipo batteries could last forever.

-alex-

I wanna go all out and upgrade this thing to the max, does any one know how a Blade Cx2 With all Aluminum Upgrades feels, is the aluminum weight it down, and is there better 180 motors then the Xtreme ones i found. www . CX2parts . com. i just wanna some replys from people that have done or started doing, what i wanna do.
Ajax - I have all the alum bling on my CX2. Upper and lower rotor heads, bearing cup, swash plate, and heat sinks. It does add some weight. I countered that with the Xtreme motors and a 900mah 15c lipo and it is great. I don't notice any xtra weight and with the upgraded motors it really has more climbing power than before. I also fly a CF tail boom. It does pretty well outside in a breeze and my piro rate with the tail is so quick it is almost a blur. I wouldn't hesitate going for the bling. Plus since I put it on I haven't had to replace any of thos parts. In a crash the only things that even get damaged are shafts or blades. Go for it buddy. Your bird will fly smoother and look killer.

Uri
Old 06-29-2008, 03:09 PM
ssrc30

$189.99 is pretty standard pricing for the CX2. Thats what they go for here too.
Old 06-29-2008, 06:09 PM
DaxFX

i have being a year now with my CX2 and never bling anithing. I have post this few time in the past and is my personal opinion. remember the CX2 is like a trainer almost a toy grade heli. dont spend money on bling your CX2 you will never have any diference in flight performance that worth the money !! if you go all aluminum upgrade heli will be too heavy that means replace motor for better ones and maybe a new battery for more flight time .. so when you finish spending money in all blings you could have a second a better heli !! got my point. instead of all blings I move to my walkera #4 then Walkera 22e, now I am with my HeliMax 450mx and my Raptor Titan OS 50 .

the CX2 is an exellent begginer heli and I personaly still playing with mine on my home and in front of my home where I can not take my BIG baby. everithing stock in a year I never break anithing beside skids and blades this heli is very hard and can handle some crashes without problem all those bling just dont worth the money. the unly upgrade that worth for me are the xtreme skids found on ebay for 6 bucks !! they will never break again !!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:37 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah th eonly upgrades I have is the tail boom and the aluminum head and inner shaft, thats all I will be doing to mine, flys amazing the way it is, will be using my cp pro more
Old 06-29-2008, 11:13 PM
hellblastervolly

Dax is right.

The blade cx2 is very strong you should see the one in my LHS that they use for demo it almoust dont look like a heli and still fly. I also was going to bling mine but the money I will use to do it I can use it toward a more advance heli.

Fernando
Old 07-01-2008, 10:51 AM
aviator24

I have a stock CX2 I bought new a couple weeks ago. Got tired of crashing my CP and spending $20 on new blades while learning.
I have a good handle on the CX2 but have a couple questions. (I realize these are probably answered within this post!)
I have moved out the servo link rods for more control in the wind outside. How far can these be moved out? I am out two holes on each side and have two more holes to go?
When I get aggressive or try to avoid a crash, I seem to break blades all the time! I want to go to upgrade my blades AS CHEAPLY as possible. Would I be better off just getting a longer bar between the blades?? I have read about lightening the flybar as well as shortening it? That sounds difficult and beyond my tech skill? Pretty much all thumbs.

Finally, has anyone found the CX2 a good trainer for the CP?? I am getting pretty good with the CX2 and am beginning to experience its limitations but am afraid to break out the CP, for fear of breaking it, that thing gets expensive! I have no problem flying my CX2 off my Apartment deck 3 stories up but would not think of it with my CP!!
Thank You in advance for any and all posts...
Old 07-01-2008, 10:57 AM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

I am in the same boat as you I bought a cp pro like 2 months ago, went through 4 sets of blades in one week, got tired of spending money on it, so I bought a cx2 I have been flying that for almost a month now and can pretty much fly it with my eyes closed, and I have been spending time on a sim, this weekend I think im going to break out my cp pro again to see if I improved at all.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 AM
aviator24

I ordered a simm too on EBAY. Did not notice it was from Australia and am still waiting for it. I do not put much into the sims though? I play on the ones at LHS and they seem to be of little help?
Good luck on the CP!!!! Let me know how it goes...
Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
HeliStyle
My Feedback: (2)

if you get a good sim they will deff help you out alot
Old 07-01-2008, 12:32 PM
DaxFX

LOTS of SIM for you ! it happend to me but with my walkera 22e . is a 3d 6ch very difficult to fly. small electric collective pitch are very hard to get stable thanks to the size. i downgrade to the CX2 and is perfect to start learning but wont teach too much since CX2 is coaxial and does not have the tendance to drift like single rotor collective. after i get thru my walkera 22e some inverted and loops I move to a Raptor Titan with a OS 50 engine. and that beast is the easiest heli to hover like a super big CX2 much easier than small electrics than CP and Walkeras.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Roadtorque

I was looking at my swashplate on my CX2 the other day and thought about giving it a shot of oil (WD40) on the top side of the swashplate just to cut down on any friction that might be in there. Anyone see a problem with this? I figured as long as I dont get to much oil in there to drip over the motors I would be fine. What do you all think?
Old 07-07-2008, 05:03 PM
sonat

info to know: now available
EXxtreme core v3 final edition
more info there:
www.rcrivesud.com
Old 07-10-2008, 03:37 PM
sonat

t
Old 07-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Dopesick

ORIGINAL: aviator24
I have moved out the servo link rods for more control in the wind outside. How far can these be moved out? I am out two holes on each side and have two more holes to go?
When I get aggressive or try to avoid a crash, I seem to break blades all the time! I want to go to upgrade my blades AS CHEAPLY as possible. Would I be better off just getting a longer bar between the blades?? I have read about lightening the flybar as well as shortening it? That sounds difficult and beyond my tech skill? Pretty much all thumbs.
If your breaking blades while flying aggresivly, you NEED to lighten your flybar. The lower blades respond much quicker then the flybar weights will allow the upper blades to respond. Your getting the Blade Clack of Death. As discussed: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7699962/tm.htm

ORIGINAL: Roadtorque
I was looking at my swashplate on my CX2 the other day and thought about giving it a shot of oil (WD40) on the top side of the swashplate just to cut down on any friction that might be in there. Anyone see a problem with this? I figured as long as I dont get to much oil in there to drip over the motors I would be fine. What do you all think?
I would say to you... NEVER use WD-40 as a lubricant. Its one of the worlds worst items to use as a lubricant. It's title, and use is a "Water Dispersing" agent. Hence WD, Combination #40.

If you really wish to lubricate it, I would say use a drop of silicon oil. However, IIRC that is a sealed bearing, and it won't doo too much good anyways.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:05 AM
rchotrodz

just wanted to post a pic of my cx2
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59042.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	990184  
Old 07-15-2008, 07:27 PM
StoneGod

That's pretty cool looking bird! All you have to do now, to make it uniform, is swap out your Outer drive shaft and build/install a CF (Carbon Fibre) outer driver shaft and you'll have a "Blackbird"!!

I built myself a CF Outer Drivershft a little while ago, and will never go back! Lighter than aluminum, stonger than steel, never warps or bends, and had taken full-speed crashes with not so much as a wobble! Gotta love CF!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:56 PM
cjg

WD40 is also a solvent/cleaner and will soften many plastics overtime.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:13 PM
rchotrodz

thanks stone I might have to do that...
Old 07-18-2008, 02:55 PM
BLADECXPRO

WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT BLADE ....AND COAXIAL HELICOPTER......TRICK ....TIP......UPGRADE......FIXING PIECES.....MODIFICATION .........
WATCH IT!!!!
[link=http://bladecxpro.spaces.live.com]ANYTHING ABOUT COAXIAL HELICOPTER[/link]
Old 07-23-2008, 04:34 PM
toxic 2U

ORIGINAL: rchotrodz

just wanted to post a pic of my cx2
Wher can I get a tail boom like this one ?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72554.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	996315  
Old 07-23-2008, 04:44 PM
StoneGod

You can buy a CF tail boom from several places. Horizon Hobby sells the E-Flite version, and BoomTown sells their version of the same kinda thing. I've got the E-flite version and have had no issues with it.

Take care.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:08 PM
spuratic

Ok guys here goes....I have a ton of stick time on my blade cp pro (crap) It was so bad i gave it up for some time and am now getting back into the hobby the right way. I just bought my blade cx2 today charged it up and took flight, my question is: when im flying it seems that i have to be all the way forward/backward to make it do anything. Same applies for going left (yaw?). Im not to familiar with this chopper so i now look to you guys to trouble shoot this bird.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:12 PM
Dopesick

That would be pretty normal. They are made to be a more sedate indoor heli.

You could move the controls out a hole (or 3) on the servo horns. be prepared for blade strikes at that point.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
spuratic

I will try moving them...i expeceted a little more out of the controls though. I have to move them literally all the way to do anything and comming from the cp where if you even much and twich your thumb your in the ground. I like it though its just what the doctor ordered for learning nose in and side to side hovering.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
spuratic

Whats every body's experience with battery's? i'm looking at getting either a Extreme 850mah 20c or the DN 900mah 10c? Im not sure what to get and any input would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.