Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:53 AM
scottwalton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Hi Fellas,

Windy here (NW FL Panhandle) most of the week but yesterday it was calm enough that I was able to fly several packs through the CP+ both before and after work at the local park. The Bell Hiller head is really smooth and everything is working well. Still practicing those left turns and really enjoying just flying it around, making it go where I want. When my dad taught me me to fly planks almost 30 years ago (can it be that long?) he always said you have to make it go where you want it to go, not where it wants to go. That's even more true with helis.

My local park area may be dwindling in size soon though. They're starting to clear land for houses adjacent to where I'm flying. Once they do that it'll be tough to keep flying there and I'm really sad about it because it's so convenient now, just barely 5 minutes from my house. Not sure about the solution. I could join the local R/C club which has a nice field but it's a 15-20 minute drive which makes the quick flights before and after work a little more difficult. But, if these are the worst of my troubles then I'm in good shape! ;-)

I've been flying the eflite symmetrical wood blades for a while and I think I'm finally ready to try CF syms. Any gotchas to look out for when switching to CF blades?

Thanks to all for your great help over the months. Sounds like everyone is flying and having fun.

Best,

Scott
Old 05-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

DAVE :
ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Mr. Rick,

You never stop amazing me with your talents. Aren't you suppose to be at work?

Great Picture to boot. Best of luck on the Cross Country. Tune the engine to perfection and you'll be coming home with the goodies..

Rick, usted es el más grande

Dave / Choppersrule
DEAR FRIEND :
ANSWER # 1 - at work, Thursday, the boss comes around and tells me I must take some PAID TIME OFF , because I have accumulated too much, not missing any days of work. So she assigns me time off from NOON THURSDAY, until I return to work TUESDAY. I am on a 4 1/2 day short vacation, with nowhere to go and nothing to DO.....My stuff is on the way to CRASH-CRASH ( DX-7 TX also)
ANSWER @ 2 - You didn't READ my post closely enough : this PIPER no longer exists, because it was taken from the field while I was busy teaching a person to fly R/C. So as a result , my plans to fly 3 planes at the same time, as well as the CROSS COUNTRY project, have died on the vine.

Y gracias por la frase escrita en Espanol.....muy bien, lo felicito

RICK -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.I have ADDED THE PICTURE OF THE RADIO SHACK MOSQUITO because it has now become the most PERFECT and ACCURATE "indoor flyer" I have ever witnessed. You can hover this toy, making it stand still in the air, go forward, backwards any which way. It is a most perfect indoor experience. ALSO, it has now lasted me A YEAR AND A HALF flying 3 to 5 times a day for the amusement of the cat who every now and then SWATS it out of the air. For some unfathomable reason, this helicopter, like ALL MY OTHERS, seems to LAST FOR EVER......I strongly recommnd this toy for FAMILY ACTION, particularly if you have children, coached of course.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90071.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	955155  
Old 05-23-2008, 09:43 AM
Barrrick

MR. CRASH - CRASH

UP IN ST LOUIS, MICHIGAN

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT A BOX PARCEL-POSTED ON THE 12TH OF MAY ( USPS )
HAS NOT YET ARRIVED ON THE 23RD OF MAY ?

IS IT YOUR OPINION THAT A SEARCH SHOULD BE STARTED ??? I have a regular day off, today
and it would be OK to drive to the Post Office to find out

RICK []
Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 PM
choppersrule

Rick,

It's pretty common for it to take ALONG TIME, to ship from west of the Mississippi to east of the Mississippi. Your package may hit 4 or 5 different states before it's final destination in Michigan. Don't know why, but evertime I order something from Helihobby, in California, it always takes 8 working days.

I Crash doesn't receive the parcel by this Saturday, tomorrow. Then first thing Monday I'd check with the Post Office folks.

Dave / Choppersrule

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ORIGINAL: Barrrick

MR. CRASH - CRASH

UP IN ST LOUIS, MICHIGAN

HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT A BOX PARCEL-POSTED ON THE 12TH OF MAY ( USPS )
HAS NOT YET ARRIVED ON THE 23RD OF MAY ?

IS IT YOUR OPINION THAT A SEARCH SHOULD BE STARTED ??? I have a regular day off, today
and it would be OK to drive to the Post Office to find out

RICK []
Old 05-23-2008, 05:39 PM
choppersrule

Rick,

N No he leÃ*do su puesto lo suficientemente bien, robados que difÃ*cil de creer, derecho a cabo en virtud de sus pies.

I thougt about the RADIO SHACK MOSQUITO some time ago, and decided at that time against it, don't know why.
Well, instead, about 2 months ago, I puchased a Lama V4 coaxial, it too, when set up correctly flys like a dream.

Take care, have fun, and get the guy that swiped the plane. Has anyone turned in a police report. Home owners insurance may cover the loss, or at least some of it.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 05-23-2008, 11:17 PM
crashcrash

Rick,

N No he leÃ*do su puesto lo suficientemente bien, robados que difÃ*cil de creer, derecho a cabo en virtud de sus pies.

I thougt about the RADIO SHACK MOSQUITO some time ago, and decided at that time against it, don't know why.
Well, instead, about 2 months ago, I puchased a Lama V4 coaxial, it too, when set up correctly flys like a dream.

Take care, have fun, and get the guy that swiped the plane. Has anyone turned in a police report. Home owners insurance may cover the loss, or at least some of it.

Dave / Choppersrule
Gentlemen (you too Dave...LMAO), I fully expect Ricks package to arrive tomorrow (got the gut feeling). Been VERY busy the last 3 nights. Re-built the front of the glider using "MidWest Micro-Ply"...good stuff, about another 2 hours of work, it'll be flyable again (had the motor rip off on spool-up). Charles who sent me his CNC HBKII to be set up, I've been working the bugs out of that heli and fixing problems here and there. He has parts he's ordered being shipped to me so I can install them, some parts arrived today, so I'm busy with his HBKII. Went fishing today....did OK. Got 3 large gills, 3 bass 13"x2 and one 11" (not in season yet and below legal size) and a black crappie (tad small but a keeper). I expect to do better on the next expidition.
Been a long day....catch you all later.

Arrow...you're becomming quite the plank-aholic (LOL). Keep on trucking.....planks are cool too.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Barrrick

[]

HANDSOME SENIOR ... Mr. DAVE :

what are you actually telling me with this phrase : " derecho a cabo en virtud de sus pies. " ?????

I am truly WORRIED now that the big BOX with $ 600.00 INSURANCE COVERAGE has taken all this time to get there.
The box has my DX-7 and a WHOLE BUNCH of other VERY GOOD STUFF inside. .. !

[sm=confused.gif]
Old 05-24-2008, 09:40 AM
crashcrash

[]

what are you actually telling me with this phrase : " derecho a cabo en virtud de sus pies. " ?????

I am truly WORRIED now that the big BOX with $ 600.00 INSURANCE COVERAGE has taken all this time to get there.

[sm=confused.gif]

Hang in there Rick.....probibly today.....I'll let you know
Old 05-24-2008, 07:15 PM
choppersrule

Rick,

Is this better, "derecho de debajo de sus pies". I was trying to say, "right out from under your feet". Hmmm, need more homework.

The problem with your delivery to Crashcrash, is that you don't have Elaine, my personal postal carrier, to deliver the goods.
I'm sure it will arrive safely. The good side is that you did insure it. East of the Mississippi, takes along time. Go figure that.

Love ya Rick,

Dave / Choppersrule

[]

[sm=confused.gif]
Old 05-24-2008, 07:53 PM
crashcrash

Rick,

Is this better, "derecho de debajo de sus pies". I was trying to say, "right out from under your feet". Hmmm, need more homework.

The problem with your delivery to Crashcrash, is that you don't have Elaine, my personal postal carrier, to deliver the goods.
I'm sure it will arrive safely. The good side is that you did insure it. East of the Mississippi, takes along time. Go figure that.

Love ya Rick,

Dave / Choppersrule

[]

[sm=confused.gif]
Anytime you insure it...it'll end up someplace (sender or recipient), they HATE insurance claims. I had a package missing for a month...I finally got it back as "undeliveriable address".

Very LOW wind tonight...flew the glider for 10 minuets (got it fixed), flew the MX-400 for 45 minuets (stuffed it twords the end...no damage). Cleaned the grass out of it, straightened the blades and flew the rest of the last battery out. A little nose in hovering and a LOT of flying straight at me to get used to it....seems to be working, I'm less likely to lock up looking at the nose now.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM
rayelljay

A package missing for a month....in the USA.....in 2008........unforbloodygiveable.
Mind you it takes the mail three days to cross Greensboro.
Some good air time today....winds very light and temps in the high seventies.
Nice controllability in the HBK2.....installed the CF tailblades and tweaked the rudder servo a smidgin and she is flying better...much more neutral.
I'm finding the 400 is a nice machine to fly too....it does teach me to control the HBK better.
Fisticufs at the track this eve....gonna be interesting.
Anyway, going to light off the newly installed lights at the front of the house....wanna see if'n I can fly at night.
TTFN
Ray
Old 05-24-2008, 10:03 PM
theradioflyer

Red Wings go up 1-0 in the finals! Holy Smokes! Off topic?, Maybe Great weather here for 2 days and I spent it on planks. I'm trying to divide my time, I love both. I hope to get some video if the weather holds. I hope it holds for Indy!

God Bless Y'all,

Jay

Thank God and Bless all Veterans, there is no way to thank them as much as they deserve.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:03 PM
choppersrule

Rayelljay,

The USPS sometimes suck to say the least.. Been down that road, like most of us have. I've ordered from Hong Kong and got it faster.
What's up with that?

Sounds like you're having some good times with the helicopters. Keep fine tuning the HBK2, it's my favorite helicopter.
Mine is all CNC through out, CF main blades and tail blades. CF boom. A real treat for the monies spent. Running the stock TX and have no problems with it.

Take care and Blus Skies,

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ===================================
ORIGINAL: rayelljay

A package missing for a month....in the USA.....in 2008........unforbloodygiveable.
Mind you it takes the mail three days to cross Greensboro.
Some good air time today....winds very light and temps in the high seventies.
Nice controllability in the HBK2.....installed the CF tailblades and tweaked the rudder servo a smidgin and she is flying better...much more neutral.
I'm finding the 400 is a nice machine to fly too....it does teach me to control the HBK better.
Fisticufs at the track this eve....gonna be interesting.
Anyway, going to light off the newly installed lights at the front of the house....wanna see if'n I can fly at night.
TTFN
Ray
Old 05-24-2008, 10:11 PM
choppersrule

Jay,

Red Wings, whose that? Good weather for two days, you're very lucky. Here in Indy, the wind sucks, oooops, blows all the time. Get them videos rollin', we love 'em. When the money rolls in, I'll get my computer updated to post some videos.

Prediction for weather for the Indy 500, looks very good. No rain, and that's a good thing. I'm only about 15 miles from the track.

Thanks for the comment on the Veterans, you know I am one.

God Bless and say Hi to the family,

Dave / Choppersrule
ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Red Wings go up 1-0 in the finals! Holy Smokes! Off topic?, Maybe Great weather here for 2 days and I spent it on planks. I'm trying to divide my time, I love both. I hope to get some video if the weather holds. I hope it holds for Indy!

God Bless Y'all,

Jay

Thank God and Bless all Veterans, there is no way to thank them as much as they deserve.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:26 PM
crashcrash

Jay,

Red Wings, whose that? Good weather for two days, you're very lucky. Here in Indy, the wind sucks, oooops, blows all the time. Get them videos rollin', we love 'em. When the money rolls in, I'll get my computer updated to post some videos.

Prediction for weather for the Indy 500, looks very good. No rain, and that's a good thing. I'm only about 15 miles from the track.

Thanks for the comment on the Veterans, you know I am one.

God Bless and say Hi to the family,

Dave / Choppersrule

God Bless Y'all,

Jay

Ditto....."I -R- one two".
Old 05-25-2008, 01:53 PM
lookyj

Lookyj here with a simple survey for the Wheeee..... thread:

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? (oh wait, that's a different survey)

HOW MANY FLIGHTS DO YOU HAVE ON YOUR HELIS?

I honestly couldn't tell you how many flights I have on my Blade CX2 or Blade CP/Pros. However, in August of '07 I started a recording system for my LiPo packs.

It was in April '07 when I got my first TREX 450 and by June '07 I was doing forward flight. So besides, the first few months of owning my TREX's I have a pretty accurate count of flights.

To Date: I have 283 flights on my TREX 450 heli's!

(Choppers - I know you like the numbers so this ones for you:
6 mins of flight x 283 flights = 1698 mins of flight time / 60 = 28.3 hours of flight)

and TOO MANY crashes that I'll admit to!

My TREX 600 has 85 flights, with 1 Crash!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18255.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	956362  
Old 05-25-2008, 04:01 PM
rayelljay

How many flights...
Lord what a contest just remembering.
I can't believe I've only been flying helis for just about a year and a half but the one CPpro lasted at least one pack every day....never went over much more than a decent figure eight. The Rex I bought around July last yr or so and has been "under construction" ever since but has flown about three times a week since around December.
To anticipate the "permanent" status of the Rex and to get me into a bigger disc, I bought the 400 and fell further in love. Since the demise of both Pro's the 400 has been my staple.
The Rex is like a Ferrari and, in my hands, she does demand more room than does the 400. Even so, the available room kinda requires a littl'un hence the replacement of the Pro's with the HBK2.
The 400 is a good teacher and has improved my handling of the HBK and my confidence level grows too. But that the "teaching" goes both ways should not be denied.
I must confess, though, that I still fly with "training wheels" but not because of dodgy landings.....the topography of my yard kinda requires their presence to alleviate tipover at touchdown but I can put up with the minor inconvenience.....does save me a buncha money, though.
I'm going to order the CNC tail system for the HBK.
Crash...you have the CF boom...what advantages have you found going there.
Oh, I must be unhere....visitors,
Ray
Old 05-25-2008, 04:15 PM
theradioflyer

How many flights? I can't recall what I had for breakfast. I can tell you that my T-RexSA only has 30 or so flights on it but the Blade CP is a ton.

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
Old 05-25-2008, 04:26 PM
choppersrule

Lookyj,

Amazing, 85 flights on the 600 and only 1 crash, Kudos on that. But you not telling all your crashes. I still only have 5.

I am a data freak with numbers, always have been. Your tracking of flights with the tape on the batteries, LOL, I posted that about 1 1/2 years ago, I do that too.

The number 283, when reading your post rang a bell... You have 283 flights, with 28.3 hours of flight time. Here's where the number 283 gets wierd/scary.

I have over 3,400 post, YIKES! At, let's say, 5 minutes per response, that's 17,000 minutes or 283 hours, or 11.81 days. Double YIKES!

Take care, have fun and have Blue Skies,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 05-25-2008, 04:31 PM
choppersrule

Jay,

Me too, just a ton of flights in the last three years. And almost as many crashes. My first year was a disaster. Year two better, year three, now I've got the hang of it.. LMAO

God Bless and Blue Skies,

Dave / Choppersrule

How many flights? I can't recall what I had for breakfast. I can tell you that my T-RexSA only has 30 or so flights on it but the Blade CP is a ton.

God Bless Y'all,

Jay
Old 05-25-2008, 04:42 PM
choppersrule

Rayelljay,

I think you may got the wrong guy, I'm the one with the CF boom. I don't think Crashcrash has one.

Advantages of the CF boom, not totally sure how to answer that. They are more costly, they are COOL looking. It is a tighter fit in the main frame and you don't need to adjust the belt tension as much, but still do at times. That's part of PM (Preventive Maintence).
They don't bend at all, on the other hand, on a really bad crash they can break. It doesn't add to the flight performance at all. It's just a round tube. So far, I haven't broken mine.[sm=shades_smile.gif]

Dave / Choppersrule

Old 05-25-2008, 05:40 PM
crashcrash

LookyJ.....I couldn't tell you how many flights, I'm lucky to remember to take out the trash. I can tell you this....since I started flying the MX-400, I've only had 3 crashes that downed me for parts. I've had a couple of minor stuffs that required a feathering shaft replacement and a couple stuffs that were so minor...just had to re-track the blades. Running a brand new 3200kv brushless/30a ESC and 2200mAh 25C batteries on a 11T pinion, I average 14-15 minuets per battery, more if there's a lot of forward flight involved.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:18 PM
lookyj

Choppers

I knew you were quite the number cruncher.... didn't even dawn on me the 283 phenomenom!

283 minutes on the forums... (C'mon, we all know it's much more then that!) However, it reminds me of the movie The Number 23. If I had any idea of where to start with a formula for the time I've spent here, I'm sure it would surpass a month.

YES, I attribute the tape tracking system to you, which I learned right here on the Wheeee... thread. I believe it was one of the words of wisdom from the Ol' Choppers Tip of the Day.

As far as the crashes, I only started tracking those this year. I think if I started that from the beginning, I would have quit helis by now. The one crash with the 600 is a great track record, but knowing the cost of repairs on the larger heli I only fly within my comfort limit. Altough, I have done a few rolls with one of them..... what a rush!

The crash total for the year is 6, which I've posted details on all of except for my last one with the 450. The belt broke during flight. Luckily, I was only hovering about 10 feet off the ground and suffered minor damage. (belt/landing skid) I also bent the tail boom, but I was able to straighten her out.

Crash

Even, I forget to take out the trash. but I think they call that selective memory!

Wow, 14-15 minutes of flight time. That's awesome. I only get 6-7 minutes on either my 450 or 600. Then again, I'm flying idle up at 80% throttle curve with a 3550kv brushless/35a ESC and 2200mAh 25C on a 12T pinion (450).

What LiPo packs (brand) are you using?
Old 05-25-2008, 07:47 PM
crashcrash

"Crash

Even, I forget to take out the trash. but I think they call that selective memory!

Wow, 14-15 minutes of flight time. That's awesome. I only get 6-7 minutes on either my 450 or 600. Then again, I'm flying idle up at 80% throttle curve with a 3550kv brushless/35a ESC and 2200mAh 25C on a 12T pinion (450).

What LiPo packs (brand) are you using? ".

Jer, I was running 11 minuets with the 3500kv/33aESC/13T pinion...which I promptly removed to install an 11T. I'm sure I'm not pushing it as hard as you but if you put an 11T on there, you might start pulling 10-11 minuets. Batteries....Zippies ordered out of Canada, drop shipped from Hong Kong. They're 2200mAh 25C's and run $32 per unit to my door. I ordered 5...they work fine, don't get even warm. Yesterday...I was pushing a lot of forward flight pattern, my timer showed I was pulling 16 minuets on one flight...I believe it too, I was getting tired of flying it (didn't think that was possible).
Old 05-25-2008, 07:54 PM
choppersrule

Lookyj,

I've always loved numbers, don't know why, just do. The trick is to pay attention.[sm=idea.gif][sm=idea.gif]

Oh, 283 phenomenom,, remember the old Chevy 283 engines.
Here's a video of one, smokin' some tires. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymu_SN4cXr4

Speaking of paying attention, it wasn't 283 minutes on the forum, it was 283 hours.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
(I have over 3,400 post, YIKES! At, let's say, 5 minutes per response, that's 17,000 minutes or 283 hours, or 11.81 days. Double YIKES)

Must be the selective memory kickin' in.

Movie: The Number 23... Jim Carrey... All numbers have a pattern....

"Tip of the Day", I forgot about that, but over time, most are on board. However, I'll come up with something soon.

Crashes: Me too, I would have quit along time ago, if I only knew how much MONEY I have invested in this. Jeeebuz. I could have bought a nice used car for sure.

I just knew you had to be holding back on crashes, your up to 6 now, so you are the current leader. I hope you win.

Jeremy, have fun, take care and have Blue Skies,

Dave / Choppersrule

ORIGINAL: lookyj

Choppers

I knew you were quite the number cruncher.... didn't even dawn on me the 283 phenomenom!

283 minutes on the forums... (C'mon, we all know it's much more then that!) However, it reminds me of the movie The Number 23. If I had any idea of where to start with a formula for the time I've spent here, I'm sure it would surpass a month.

YES, I attribute the tape tracking system to you, which I learned right here on the Wheeee... thread. I believe it was one of the words of wisdom from the Ol' Choppers Tip of the Day.

As far as the crashes, I only started tracking those this year. I think if I started that from the beginning, I would have quit helis by now. The one crash with the 600 is a great track record, but knowing the cost of repairs on the larger heli I only fly within my comfort limit. Altough, I have done a few rolls with one of them..... what a rush!

The crash total for the year is 6, which I've posted details on all of except for my last one with the 450. The belt broke during flight. Luckily, I was only hovering about 10 feet off the ground and suffered minor damage. (belt/landing skid) I also bent the tail boom, but I was able to straighten her out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.