Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:50 PM
crashcrash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

Can't wait for the video Rick!

Jeff-That's a fly bar? I thought it was a dipstick![X(]

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.......I wanna say something........, but I better NOT (LMAO)
Old 09-06-2008, 09:56 PM
J-MICHAEL

Yeah, I thought I should replace it just to be safe.... Come on Crash spit it out... Mix it up with some symbols... We'll figure it out what your trying to say ! I'am eating pizza and typing with my pinky...Lol.. Addicted........YES......
Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 PM
J-MICHAEL

Taking the planks up tommorow with my dad to the local field. He won't fly up top on the property, he thinks I'am mental in doing so. I'am a risk taker I suppose. It will be fun, I wish I could get the Rex back in order but I don't like to rush in that department.... My dad still thinks I can only hover, so that will surprise him a little to show him I can fly somewhat...Lol.. He likes the planks better, and can only hover somewhat. I may have to talk him into donating his Trex 600 to a worthy addiction.... I would hate to see it collecting dust and such. He's had it a year and hovered it only three times.

On another note........I just put back 2028 mah back into my Air-Thunder lipo (2200)...[X(] Gotta watch that even though they say on them Air-Thunder's you can take it to 2- something per cell, I see it still as not a healthy habit. Its been done before a few times, and It just won't die. Its true what they say about them... Today after the 11 minutes, its not good being in idle 2 and hearing the rpm's drop massive... The thing still runs as it did from day one, and I've got lots of runs with it. I think its about 7 months old. I just picked up another one, but the only downside is they are a little heavier than the norm.

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93706.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	1027757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44555.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	133.1 KB
ID:	1027758  
Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Yeah, I thought I should replace it just to be safe.... Come on Crash spit it out... Mix it up with some symbols... We'll figure it out what your trying to say ! I'am eating pizza and typing with my pinky...Lol.. Addicted........YES......

Dude.....the word "dipstick" really opens the door for some FUN (LMAO).
Typing with your pinky while eating pizzia? You got it BAD (LMFAO).
Old 09-07-2008, 11:41 AM
mikey1964
My Feedback: (-1)

Dud i haven't shaved in 2 days starting to get pretty grubby,i can't help it when i do anything i go at it 100% and this heli thing got me addicted.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Barrrick

HI THERE FOLKS ... !
Tomorrow morning at 9am, at the flying field I get the second TREX (2) returned to me, finished, set up and ready to roll.
Most importantly, the DX-7 COMES BACK TOO, consequently I will be back FLYING again, mostly because ALL the equipment comes back to life....
The (2) 7 hour batteries for my CamCorder are now on charge.
..... hopefully, there WILL BE a movie posted for both the T-REXES, [ God willing, and "allowing" }

YEAAHHH -.-.-.-.-.

" The return of the SENIORS ! "
Welcome back Rick
Old 09-07-2008, 11:56 AM
J-MICHAEL

ORIGINAL: mikey1964

Dud i haven't shaved in 2 days starting to get pretty grubby,i can't help it when i do anything i go at it 100% and this heli thing got me addicted.
Welcome to my world................ I'am the same way Mike. 150% full drive... I see you've been sucked in. You are popping up a lot now, as I see your name constantly.... I'am always reading and learning as much as I can, on all these threads through-out this forum and all of RCU among that. You wouldn't know it, as I'am logged off but I'am always watching and usually there somewhere.... I don't want guys thinking I'am sick or something as I try to feed the addiction with more knowledge....

Also if it makes ya feel any better, I can't even fly my CPP in stock form the way it is, but can hover blind-folded with it... But can handle the Trex in a satisfaction flight...

Took the planks up this morning, and had a blast... The first time we both flew with 2 birds in the air. No mid-air collisions, so that was a blessing !

Have a good one....

~ Jeff

Name:	Db84481.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	1027975   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69748.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1027976   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42503.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1027977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80357.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	1027978  
Old 09-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Barrrick
My Feedback: (2)

[8D]

RICK here, reporting with an incognito persona.....
Ashamed to say that when I went to the hobby room I found that EVERY battery was discharged, even the 12V
consequently I had no time to set up / camcorder, or anything.
Anyway, the LHS did prepare the TREX for me, and here is the pic. to show it. It flew a very short while, but enough to
confirm that it is perfectly set up.....he says : "maybe the GYRO is a little weak in response, but with no manual he
doesn't know how to fix it ) I DO have the manual, we shall see.
missed the promise to make a VIDEO, sorry, but will try again, soon.
RICK

[]

Name:	Ig13837.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	1027987  
Old 09-07-2008, 12:42 PM
mikey1964

My only midair was with a student with my avistar showing off and clipped his tail he went down in a spin and i landed safely with just my wing tip damaged i don't think he ever came back and learned to fly opps[X(]
Old 09-07-2008, 01:33 PM
choppersrule

Hi Fellas,

Nothing to report really, just a couple little problems.. HBK2 #1 had the tail bobs after I rebuild it. The fix was easy enough, the blade grips were to tight, I just removed two spacing washersand all is okay with #1 heli. HBK2 #2, after the second flight with the new Micro Heli parts, I noticed on a quick PM, that the blade grips were way, way loose. The screw worked it’s way loose, because dummy boy here, forgot to put loctite on the screws.. I was lucky I happened to find that one, blades could have went flying everywhere. Second problem, the belt kept slipping off the drive gear pulley for the tail rotor. This was easy too, to find. The main shaft retaining
collar had slipped up the main shaft and the retaining pin for the drive gear was only partially seated and was wobbling. Readjusting the main shaft and putting LOCTITE on the collar grub screw/srew fixed that problem. Sooo, everything is now hunky, okay fine and peachy keen. I won't report on my flying, I don't want to jinx myself, knock on wood though.

Take care and fly safely, and don't forget the LOCTITE,

Dave / Choppersrule

Name:	Ki18958.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1028051  
Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
choppersrule

Jim / Wnuk,

I watched your video, you are doing excellent. Very smooth control on your turns. And the gnats in the video, gives you a feeling of being there. LOL

Helmet cam, as Jeff mentioned, it’ll take you a few tries to get the zoom where you want it. I did notice that when flying farther left or farther right of yourself you had a tendency to loose the heli.. Also, when going higher in altitude.. I’m taking a guess that you are moving your eyes to much and not your head. That’s normal, we aren’t born with a camera strapped to our heads.

Another learning experience, just move the head more and keep the eyes pretty much straight forward. Especially up and down. All in all, for you’re first attempt at the helmet cam, I’ll give you a 9.5 LOL

Great flying, great video,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-07-2008, 02:12 PM
choppersrule

Jay,

I watched both your HBK2 and XPD-8 videos. All I can say, is Man oh Man. Great stuff, you are really putting the HBK2 through the wringer. Aren’t you glad you got one. It seemed to hold very good in the windy conditions.

And the XPD-8, I’m impressed on how fast that sucker is, Great job on that one also.

Tell Rhonda, she’s good with the camera, excellent video.

God Bless ya both,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-07-2008, 02:42 PM
choppersrule

Jeff Michael,

I watched your 3rd crash video. Darn sun will get you everytime. You know, I’ve watched all your
videos and this is far the best in your control.. Turns and even straight ff is much smoother than
any other video. I can see your gaining more confidence at the sticks.

You have to get one of those EXP-8.

Oh, I remember the pictures of you car..You mentioned awhile back on how you would even
clean and wax the bolts on the engine.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-07-2008, 03:02 PM
J-MICHAEL

Mike ~

The first thing I told my dad as we launched our two planes, was 'people would think were crazy, but I guess it runs in the family'...Lol.. It just took a little more paying attention that's all...

You'll find RCU a very friendly place to learn and make friends. I also frequent other forums, and some our not as friendly as I have found RCU to be. Lots of good information to be shared from one another... I'am also very friendly to everyone on RCU, as that is my nature... In real life I open the door for everyone, and very courteous among that. However, after a long, long period of time opening the door for someone and getting no response, I usually will exert my energies else-where to the more appreciative people out there. But I usually don't give up, and this would take months for me to pack it up and focus on a more positive place/ thread/ individual for that matter...

You got a great bunch of guys here though, and they'll help you advance much quicker as they ALL did for me.... I take that info and 'Pay it forward' in return as I venture all over RCU. But this is my home, and if I only have time to post once, it goes here... Any other time available, I then venture outside the 'house' so to speak.... Sometimes you won't hear from me for awhile (5 months last time) and sometimes I'am smeared on here so much I often tell myself to stop. But during any absense, like the last one I always wondered in my head quite often on how everyone was doing...

Dave ~

Thanks for the kind words... If it wasn't for you, and others here I wouldn't be where I'am at today... So thank-you again ! I'll have to find my first post here from last year and have a moment of silence to myself as I look back on the memories... Its been a good ride so far, and hopefully will continue that ride in the distant future...........

Take care guys,

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2008, 04:13 PM
choppersrule

Rick,

Glad your back and doing some posting, we missed you. Darn batteries anyway, even when not used for sometime, you should charge them once a week, two at the longest. If setting for several months and the battery gets below minimal voltage you could toast one by just not charging occasionlly.

Sorry for your frustrations, and not getting in any flying time...

Things are going well for me right now. I'm getting anxious for the Vapor Plane to get here, that Jeff Michael made me get.
Should be here Wednesday, I'm twitching already for it's arrival.

Take care and God Bless,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-07-2008, 04:23 PM
choppersrule

Mikey1964,

After two days of not shaving, you can't even tell. I only NEED to shave every 4 or 5 days I'm guessing "1964" is the year you were born. That makes you the same age as Sarah Palin.

Oh, forgot the reason I'm posting to you[X(]. The HBK2 has been one of my favorite helis, it's a great heli to learn on, and I'm sure you watched Jays video of his. He really ran it through the wringer.. It's pretty tuff and with the exception of the stock motor being junk. Parts are very resonable. And you'll love the belt drive too. There are several experts here on the Weeee Cp. So you don't have to go far for any help. At Jagshobbies, you can get the brushless set up RTF for $199, Great price too.

Dave / Choppersrule
ORIGINAL: mikey1964

Old 09-07-2008, 04:26 PM
J-MICHAEL

Would you ever think about storing your lipo in a fridge for long term storage ? I never had, and in fact thought it would be the wrong thing to do until I read a few links from this site http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7928247/tm.htm Crazy huh ?!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:47 PM
choppersrule

Jeff,

Here's a host of sites on Lipo storage..

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...w+to+store+lip

Dave / Choppersrule

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

Would you ever think about storing your lipo in a fridge for long term storage ? I never had, and in fact thought it would be the wrong thing to do until I read a few links from this site http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7928247/tm.htm Crazy huh ?!
Old 09-07-2008, 04:52 PM
J-MICHAEL

Thanks Dave.... Not sure I would really put mine in the fridge, but found it interesting... I've been fortunate with all mine, and even my CPP batts that are over a year old... I've even kept mine fully charged waiting for that next flight since I've been flying, and they all operate as new as the day I bought them. So now, I must go knock on some wood....

~ Jeff
Old 09-07-2008, 04:59 PM
theradioflyer

Hey Dave! Is that honey do list done yet? Thanks for the kind words. Did you happen to see the link for the white HBKII RTF for $104.50 over @ BP. Also BB for $55.96. Shipping is $9 at least to Michigan!
That dude hitting the other guy is hilarious! I sat hear an watched it over and over. LMAO!

Mike, BP hobbies also has the E-Sky 3800 for $27.43 You have to ask around for the right ESC, opinions vary. Anything in the 25-40 amp range will work. http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...7&pid=B0448261

Jeff, good info on the Batts. I store mine in the basement in a cinder block covered by a cement paver. I should lower the voltage on them during the winter though. I have 3 TP 910's and 2 TP 1320's that are two and a half years old and they are still going strong. I always keep them fully charged. I'm not much for putting them in the fridge, most likely something would get spilled on them

God Bless All,

Jay
Old 09-07-2008, 05:27 PM
choppersrule

Jeff,

You are welcome.. Showing my age again, back in the 1950's (yikes!), we would store flashlight batteries in the refrigerator, not sure what there chemical make up was back then. But it did help the shelf life back then. On the other side of that, when the batteries were almost dead, we put them in the kitchen stove oven at a low temperature for about 1/2 hour. It kind of revived them for awhile anyway.

I wouldn't recommend putting a lipo in a refrigerator, they can explode ya know. And then would the metal container take up valuable space for your favorite beverage.. Milk, ya gotta try that Yoo-Hoo drink.

Oh, I mentioned the Vapor will be here Wednesday, most likely. You'll be the first to know how it goes, since you con'd me into this.
I've already had a maiden flight in my mind.

Jay,
Mr. H, YES the honey do list is done, but I'll quarantee that there will be another one shortly. Liz is like a Drill Sargent. LMAO Not really, but she sure has away about her, to make me get project done ASAP..

I did see the link you posted for the HBKII @ BP. I'm gonna pass on the deal, reason being. Both of my HBK2's are all CNC, one all Micro Heli and the other Japans copy of the ESKY CNC. I have about 6 or 7 new 8g servos in the parts cabinet. And bags full of spare servo gears. I have 2 spare RX's and a spare ESC, extra tail booms and the list goes on from there. I wouldn't benefit at all from a bare bones, since I'm all CNC stuff. I will check out the motors and ESC, I need a spare motor and I'd like a bigger amp rated ESC.

The guy hitting the other guy, that is only one example of just how STUPID people are on this planet. It's funny, but still stupid. What if the stick or bat he threw at the other guy, hit him right in the eye with the pointy end. Some people just never seem to engage there brains at all.

You guys rock,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
mikey1964

I'm going to order the one from bp hobbies for 104 and get the 3800 brushless and 25 esc to upgrade,thanks guys for all the info it really helps when buying something like this,i traded for the cp pro before i researched it and wish i would have held off now.i can grow a full beard in 4 days gray that is.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:12 PM
choppersrule

Mike,

Cool the 104 from BP and the brushless and ESC... Don't forget the motor pinion, the motor doesn't come with one.
Need any help, just let us know.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-07-2008, 06:18 PM
choppersrule

Hey guys,

Thought I share this one with you... At first, I thought it was a twin engine 1/4 scale or something, but THEN the guy gets in it and flys away. Does loops and rolls...nerves of steel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlV8WJ6N3nU

Jeff, I know you probably already saw this one.

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 09-07-2008, 06:22 PM
theradioflyer

Good call on the pinion Dave. I like the align pinions and you can get a set of 3 or 4. I got mine from Michael @ UsHobbySuppy.com or maybe you can get them from a LHS. I couldn't find them on the BP website. The Shaft diameter on the E-Sky 3800 ( part # EK5-006) is 2.3 mm.

Dave, that dude is crazy[&:] I'd fly it at least once before giving it back

Blessings,

Jay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.