Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 354 of 597 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 8,826 to 8,850 of 14919

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Morn'in to all of you!

Dave- I didn't know you had a Raptor and I've followed this thread from the start. If I didn't know, does Mrs. Choppers know?

The weather has been awful here, I haven't had any chance for flying. I'm waiting for a break. Looks like winter has set in early here in the Northeast[]

Jeff- Was it you who talked JPEE into the 500 so you could have someone to build along with?

The more I think about it, I have all I need ( TX, Gyro, Servo's) to just get a TRex 450 SEV2 instead of doing all the E-Flite aluminum upgrades. Something to think about over the winter. But I do love my Blade, sorry Vic!

Enjoy work today gents, it's my slow time of year and I've been home way too much lately. I completed the Mrs' "Honey Do" list and now am just itching for something to do. Too bad the weather is so crummy here

Jim
    Flasher 450......Parkzone Bf 109

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Wnuk

Morn'in to all of you!

Dave- I didn't know you had a Raptor and I've followed this thread from the start. If I didn't know, does Mrs. Choppers know?

The weather has been awful here, I haven't had any chance for flying. I'm waiting for a break. Looks like winter has set in early here in the Northeast[]

Jeff- Was it you who talked JPEE into the 500 so you could have someone to build along with?

The more I think about it, I have all I need ( TX, Gyro, Servo's) to just get a TRex 450 SEV2 instead of doing all the E-Flite aluminum upgrades. Something to think about over the winter. But I do love my Blade, sorry Vic!

Enjoy work today gents, it's my slow time of year and I've been home way too much lately. I completed the Mrs' "Honey Do" list and now am just itching for something to do. Too bad the weather is so crummy here

Jim

Errrrrrrr.......Jim, I highly recommend you get the EXI-450 instead of the T-Rex. On black friday, they'll drop down to $79 shipped (I think). I've had two, they're great (standard model).
    Look it over (there are a few different vendors for it so check prices carefully friday):

http://www.nitroplanes.com/exi450arfrar.html

Flyable right out of the box. The weak areas that need replaced (after a while) are:

*landing skid system (a little weak)
    *tail rotor system (gearbox will break after a couple crashes....but mine's OK)
    *tail drive gear system (a tad cheezy in quality)
    *main drive gear system (warpage)

I replace the weak stuff with Align (T-Rex) parts when they go bad (nearly 100% parts compatable with the T-Rex).
    I flew mine for many hours as stock (6-8 months, 3-4x per day) and with a Ranger scale fuselage on it without problems, but now it's starting to show it's age. I'm gonna replace the aluminum tail boom with a CF tail boom. The aluminum tail boom bends a little easy. The feathering shaft is 4mm but stepped down on each end to 3mm and uses internal threads/cap screws to retain the blade grips, and it's pretty SOLID. Why pay $$$ for a T-Rex when this EXI-450 is a really good knock-off for under 1/2 the price?
    Now you did it!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jim ~

I agree with Vic and have seen the EXI throughout the board here being used by gents and has been a good heli for them. Uri (UTM) over on the struggling thread has one also and flies pretty similiar to the way you do and loves his... Just another idea to ponder. I do love my Trex however also and have never had 1 issue being bad about it. My LHS carries the Trex 450 SE V2 for $434.00... I almost grabbed one before the Trex 500, but the 500 was only $484.00... I went big... LOL.. The parts for both units are nearly the same in fact as research will show. Some guys are even using two of there 3-cell batts in series from there 450's to run the 500 also in which ya can do also, which saves them for the time being of having to buy more expensive batts, a charger to run them, and even a bigger power supply...

I've itemized everything which included that power supply, but already had the charger thank-goodness, and also including the 4 TP 5-cell batts, along with everything else for the 500 and I'am at the $2,271 mark put into it so far. So it can also get carried away pretty quick... Or it could only cost about $900.00 to get everything flight ready with your DX6i and using your 400 batts in series... Rotorydoc (Glenn) is one who uses his 400 batts in series for the 500 and has plenty of power. The nice thing with the 500, is that you can run those in series or use a 4-cell, 5-cell, or 6 cell lipo to run it as the manual suggests and shows the different pinions and headspeeds from it.

There is even a new Copter X 500 that just came out that is the clone of the 500 to maybe keep in mind. I'am not sure on the quality as I haven't heard much about them so I can't say really but you can check it out here for $288.00...

http://www.rotortech.ca/osc/product_...f572b3889eefea

Yeah JPEE did that on his own... He wanted to show us young guys how the pro's fly... I'am very happy for him, its a nice heli for sure... Now he can wear his black knee high socks and sandals and fly in style...LMAO...... Over on the other thread here on the E-Flite board Carljw, JPEE, and Rotorydoc and myself just got these 500's so it will be great to swap some lies with each other and such...

For the money you'll put into a V2, you can darn near get into a 500... Uri who has the EXI has about $900.00 into his for example, and that right there would make the 500 flight-ready....

Cheers,

~ Jeff
    Mikado Logo 10 ~ Trex 500 ~ Trex 450 ~ E-Flite Mini Funtana X ~ Parkzone Typhoon 2 3-D
    Fly em like there not yours !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Dave,

Well I bought the 500 for several reasons. The first, to hear Jeff say YIKES!!! LMAO Secondly the show the other plaid shirted, knee high black sock wearing guys we can do anything we want to at our age. I take great pleasure in showing the lads I still can give them grief. I am 6' 209 lbs. I have a contest I play with my grandson, 6' 180 lbs. 15 years old. When we shake handes we both grip like a bear and crush the others hand to UNCLE! Well he still can't make me fold but...................he is getting there. I think for at least another year I can hold him LOL. Then at a family party also last week a youngerster about 30 years old and 210 lbs who I also play my game with shook my hande. But he shorted me and got my fingers before I could get deep into his hand, OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So again with our old brains and experience a guy uses what he has. I let my hand go soft so he let up not to hurt the OLD MAN, then I had him, when he went soft I slipped out and dug my thumb into his hand like a COP pulled back and dropped him to his knee's. Ya godda love age and experience, it makes up for a lot!

On the SS# I got my papers yesterday crazy enough. Though I am just a child of 61 I have 12 months before I draw. I found that if I wait until I am 66 for full $$ it will take 12 years after that before I am making any gain $$ wise. So with that said I will draw at 62 and as Jeff say's FLY IT LIKE I STOLE IT. Dave, do you know how much heli stuff that check will buy every month??

HELICOPTERS:

I am excited about the 500. As I have progressed through this hobbie I set some goals for myself. I was not due for a 500 size until after Christmas. But flying the 400's really brought my skills up. For the most part have no interest in 3D I am rather old fashioned in that I like to se a heli fly the traditional way so I am confident by a month to get the 500 ahead of my goals. I would expect that by mid year 09 a 600-700 electric would be on the table. Growth is what keeps us going.

OLD FARTS CLUB: President Dave
    Vice President JPee
    Trex 700e fbl V2, Vbar, Trex 500 FBL -Vbar, TREX 450 Pro, Quad 450 Naza-GPS, Hexa 550 Naza-GPS, Bixler V2 Glider, P-51B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JPEE
    I am 63 5 10 220 most of it from beer lol. I retired at 61 with a bad back
    so I got a ss disabilaty and retirment from the school I warked at and makeing
    200.00 a month more than when I was working. Cost me 1,200 for a lawyer and
    took a year for ss to aprove it.
    I got into hiles last Christmas to give me something to keep busy with. Retirement
    is not all its cracked up to be you get bored real quick and I ended up on depresion
    meds. I worked since i was 12 years old and after I got out of the Air Force at 22
    I worked in steel milestill they were all shut down in my area. The last 5 years i worked
    I had two jobs and worked 7 days a week to pay for the new Harley I had bought.
    MCX CX2 CPP B400 Trex 500 DX6i
    Hyperion EOS 0606i AC/DC Carl

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zorecati

Well, I thought it might be nice to bring this thread back on track.

Discuss.

Zorecati, what kind of head is that? I have the HDX300 CNC head with a underslung flybar. I believe Microhelis is also the same style as mine.
    And Hi ya guys!
    Dave: jacki says Hi!

I took on a major job a week or so ago and have not even had time to look at batterys, let alone helis and planes. I will be a slave to this job until a week or so before Xmas but still always find time to lurk in the shadows and make sure all you shifty hooligans are playing nicely.............lol
    Its great to see all are doing well and progressing. And also a welcome home to our eldest and founding BOB Rick!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The head is the new eflight blade cp pro unit. I've had the swash plate a while and used a mix of micro heli bits and plastic bits but really wanted an all metal head. This looked the business and wasn't really all that bad price wise.

Arrow,

Glad to see ya still lurking in stealth mode and show your concerns. I know you’ll be working
    your behind off for a month or so, but, ya gotta get the bucks while it’s there... Shifty hooligans you say,
    man you hit the nail on the head on that one. [X(]

Give Jacki a big squeeze and a smooch from the Chopper...

Jeff-Michael,

Dude, I thought you knew about all my helis. I’ve had about 12 of them in the last 3 ½ years.
    And still can’t fly. LMAO I’ll post a couple. Don’t want to bore everyone. My favorite is the
    Zoom Copter. 2 bucks at Big Lots. Chuckle-Chuckle!!!! Just pull the string... I’ll send ya a PM
    in the next couple days or so, to give you and update on YOU!

Equus,
    I’ve never had an Axe heli. But what you can try, is make sure the Axe TX is on the same
    frequency as the CP Pro TX. If not, you can take the crystal out of the CP Pro TX and put it in
    the Axe TX.. Then, power things up as normal, and give it a shot.. Be careful to make sure that
    the servo’s are traveling in the same direction as they were with the CP Pro TX. If not, there
    should be some dip switches on the TX to reverse the servo action.. However, the one switch you
    can not reverse is the throttle dip switch.. It makes the TX think you are in idle-up and the RX
    will never arm. Give it a try and let us know how it works out.

Jim,
    LOL, I’m Mr. Choppers, Liz, my wife is, Mrs. Rule(s). She calls me “Slave Boy”. She’s a
    GREAT lady in all respects, been married 33 years to her. She supports me 100%, but really has
    no flipping interest in the helis. Go figure that Weather here in Indy sucks too, in the 40's, but
    we always have killer winds, here in the flat lands.. Indiana has no hills, just bumps!

JPEE,
    Jeff-Michael got the YIKES! phrase from me.[8D] I’m a trend setter.[8D] LMAO! BTW, Jeff is one heck
    of an individual and we kid each other all the time, he’s my best buddy. I’m only 5' 8" and
    weigh in at 155 lbs, of romping, stomping ***** kickin’ hell, when I need to be. Remember, Mafia
    and my ghetto days.
    I can cut ya, fast, deep and many times in a blink of an eye. Or shoot ya, between the eyes at 300 yards, I'm an expert marksman too, Experience Rules.
    On the SS stuff, if you’re still working and make over 13 grand, you get penalize 50 cents for
    each dollar over that 13 grand.. I’ve done the math, cuz I still work. And would practically get
    nothing. I’m still fit as a fiddle, so work don’t bother me, actually I enjoy it. So I’ll wait the
    ba$ards out. Unless of course, something happens between now and then. I’ve got several aces
    up my sleeve to boot.

Helicopters:
    I’m with you on the 3D stuff, not my cup of tea. Traditional is good. And as far as setting goals, I
    have to give you a big Kudos on that. That’s one of the 7 steps of success. If you don’t have a
    goal in life, you’ll never get where you think you are going. Yep, us Old guys and experience of
    the last zillion years makes a big difference. Old Farts Club: I’ll have to bow down to Mr.
    Rick/Barrick, he’s in his 70's, God love him... I with draw and give you the VP position.

Carl,
    Yikes! We have a lot in common, except for the weight thing. LMAO! I was brought up in Gary
    Indiana, US Steel. Started working at 13 years old, spent 4 years in the Air Force during
    Vietnam, got out in late 1969. When me and the wife first got married, I worked 2 full time jobs
    for over 2 years, just to get furniture and stuff. I retired at the age of 49, no typo error 49. But
    retirement like you said, sucks. Get’s boring real fast. Over the last 12 years after retirement, I
    have taken about 3 years off, in between jobs.

Enough of my blabbering for the night, sorry if I bored anyone.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk26444.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	1079028   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bx74197.jpg 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	1079029   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ch97283.jpg 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	1079030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sm28472.jpg 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	1079031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qb38519.jpg 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	1079032  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wn86992.jpg 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1079033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Km97681.jpg 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	1079034  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jeff-Michael got the YIKES! phrase from me. I’m a trend setter

LOL.... I know, I did to !... YIKES....!... Great pics Dave... But I've seen more like the Logo, and a few others... Hek, you did have a lot through time...

Take care Dave...... I think JPEE's nappin' again......

~ Jeff
    Mikado Logo 10 ~ Trex 500 ~ Trex 450 ~ E-Flite Mini Funtana X ~ Parkzone Typhoon 2 3-D

Jeff-Michael,

You never know about them OLD GUYS like JPEE. I think he may be turning into a "Sissy Boy". LMAO And had to take one of your "Power Naps". Thomas Edison did that all the time, he never slept, just Power Naps. (Trivia)

Yes Sir, "Little Chief", I've had lots of helis over the years, and loving every minute. I'm in a lull for a few months, but that's okay, I can deal with that. Still, have stuff to fly. And you are right, prices will come down.

In your posts, you could add: DOUBLE YIKES! or Yuk-Yuk! or Chuckle-Chuckle! Yes, I'm a nut case! Yuk-yuk!

Dave

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

LOL.... I know, I did to !... YIKES....!... Great pics Dave... But I've seen more like the Logo, and a few others... Hek, you did have a lot through time...

~ Jeff

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: choppersrule

Jeff-Michael,

You never know about them OLD GUYS like JPEE. I think he may be turning into a "Sissy Boy". LMAO And had to take one of your "Power Naps". Thomas Edison did that all the time, he never slept, just Power Naps. (Trivia)

Yes Sir, "Little Chief", I've had lots of helis over the years, and loving every minute. I'm in a lull for a few months, but that's okay, I can deal with that. Still, have stuff to fly. And you are right, prices will come down.

In your posts, you could add: DOUBLE YIKES! or Yuk-Yuk! or Chuckle-Chuckle! Yes, I'm a nut case! Yuk-yuk!

Dave

ORIGINAL: J-MICHAEL

~ Jeff

Word on the street is that on "Black Friday", there's gonna be a lot of stuff on sale for us R/C freaks....watch for it. I know X-Heli has confirmed it's gonna have a GOOD sale of stuff, others will follow suit. Example....EXI-450 std $79, SHIPPED.[X(] Keep your eyes peeled, but don't bother with Horizion...they NEVER have a sale and are always OVERPRICED.
    Now you did it!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

\"...never stop flying the airplane...\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave
    I read where you have a Raptor. I got a goddy bag from HeliProz with
    my T500 and there was a huge blade holder and glow plug holder that
    I will NEVER use. If you can use them pm me and I will get them to you
    I got to get rid of them before I do something crazy LOL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Dave,

Don't cut yourself with the pig sticker!

JPee
    Trex 700e fbl V2, Vbar, Trex 500 FBL -Vbar, TREX 450 Pro, Quad 450 Naza-GPS, Hexa 550 Naza-GPS, Bixler V2 Glider, P-51B

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JPEE

Hey Dave,

Don't cut yourself with the pig sticker!

JPee
    Pig sticker ? Oh.... Must be the knife....LOL.. As perfect as his yard is, I'am wondering if he uses it to cut the grass with maybe ?! I guess he is all about the details... And don't let him fool ya, he knows how to fly.........

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That there pig sticker would be the "new" bayonet, made by Gerber, if I'm not mistaken. It's set up as a multi-purpose tool. I never got to play with one. The old bayonets were nice, but the really could only be used in a couple of ways.

In the new vid, is that a nose in circle?

Tim

Vic is right, a lot of good sales this weekend and some until Dec. 1st.

Also check Heliproz and Hobby Lobby they too will have some good sales.. Most will ship free
    if your order is over 100 bucks. Hobby Lobby will change there sales, every hour on the hour. So they
    got ya to keep looking for the right deal.

Dave

JPEE and Jeff-Michael, and Tim,
    The old pig sticker is from Desert Storm, I have contacts remember. It is as sharp as a surgeons
    scalpel, so shaving in the morning, is a breeze with it. [X(] Knife collecting is another one of my
    hobbies. Also, wood working, the case you see the pig sticker in, is made by yours truly.

Jeff-Michael,

Thanks for the Kudos on the lawn, and yes, I’ll finally admit it, yes I can fly. Just no 3D. The old
    right hand is getting a little stiff these days and the ring finger on my right hand has “Trigger
    Finger” a real medical term. . Bend it to much, and it gets stuck and I have to pry it open. Darn,
    and it hurts like a cob too. []

Carl,

My Raptor is a Raptor G2 electric heli, sorry I didn’t elaborate on that. It’s about the same size as
    a Trex 450. I appreciate your offer very much. But, just put it in the “EXTRA STUFF” box you
    have. NEVER, throw anything away.

Tim,

I’ve watched all your videos, and each time you are progressing. I see that you like to make
    circles and general flying to the left. That’s normal, that’s how our brain works.

Nose in Circles?: Nope, it was just straight nose flying in a circle. There was an small portion
    with nose in, but to be honest, it didn’t seem intentional.

Tail in Circles: Start maneuver with the right stick to the left, then apply left stick to the left.
    Give more right stick to the left than left stick to the left. It’ll make bigger circles with tail in.

Nose in Circles: Same as above, but, right stick to the left, and left stick to the right.

Gets confusing, but you’ll get it . [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

Just takes a lot of practice, and you are doing very well by the way. Another month, and it will all
    be a cake walk.

Dave

Tip of the Day:

I do a lot of practicing, hovering, tail in and all, in my basement.. It's carpeted and the vertical tail will snag and can cause great havo to say the lest. Also, the old Tip works well in grass.

Just put a ping pong ball on it. A little slice with a single edge razor or exacto knife will do the trick. No more snags.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68131.jpg 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	1079630  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave
    I fell for you with the triger finger I had it also I am Diabetic on an insalin pump.I have had 7
    of my fingers operated on with triger finger. Some times when they would fold back and stick
    it fills like you are breaking your finger to strighten it out. The last time one of them started
    to lock up I went to the doc
    right away and he said lets try a staroid shot and a week later it
    was ok so I got lucky. So you might wamt to give that a shot( no pun intended)
    Take care.

Carl,

Thanks for the advise on the steroid shots. I'll keep that in mind. And yes, it does feel like you are breaking your finger to straighten it out. Many times, it's almost brought tears to my eyes. YIKES! Not a fun feeling at all. I have hypOglycemia, a low surgar level, I eat 6 times a day, small portions to keep the stuff working right. It's a little different from hypErglycemia. But, I'm doing okay with it, had it for over twenty years. I can control this with the proper diet. Pain in the butt, but it works.

Take care and happy flying,
    Dave
    ORIGINAL: Carljw

Dave
    I fell for you with the triger finger I had it also I am Diabetic on an insalin pump.I have had 7
    of my fingers operated on with triger finger. Some times when they would fold back and stick
    it fills like you are breaking your finger to strighten it out. The last time one of them started
    to lock up I went to the doc
    right away and he said lets try a staroid shot and a week later it
    was ok so I got lucky. So you might wamt to give that a shot( no pun intended)
    Take care.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave, there was only one section that was trying for nose in circles. And the nose out circles ended with the heli being projected across the room. My question for this heli, is it likely that I can keep the nose pointed to 0 and fly the body around 360*? Thanks for the compliment. I have about 14 flying days on this airframe.

I have started the relearning process for full rates.

Tim

Tim,

To answer your question in a word, YES. It's just a matter of stick control, timing and LOTS of practice. Getting the old mind and fingers working together, until it becomes automatic. Like driving a car or riding a bike, after awhile you don't even think about it.

Try doing pirouettes, just get to 4 or 5 feet off the ground, whatever you are comfortable with. With no input from the right stick, move the left stick, fully to the left. You'll be amazed how fast this heli does left piros. Just release the left stick to stop the piro, and it will stop on a dime too.

To do the nose in circles, move the right stick to the left about half way, a second later, move the left stick to the right about half way.
    That should do it. To control the diameter of the nose in circle, input more or less rudder control. the more rudder you give it the tighter the circle will be. Just be patient with it and keep at it. Best thing to do is set yourself a goal, and keep working at that goal until you have it mastered and then move to the next plateau.

Happy Thanksgivings,

Dave

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Dave, there was only one section that was trying for nose in circles. And the nose out circles ended with the heli being projected across the room. My question for this heli, is it likely that I can keep the nose pointed to 0 and fly the body around 360*? Thanks for the compliment. I have about 14 flying days on this airframe.

I have started the relearning process for full rates.

Tim

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gobble, gobble..
    Happy Turkey day to all the BOBS
    TREX 600CF, TREX 450SE, BLADE CP PRO2, BLADE CX2, BLADE mCX, BLADE mSR

MINI T, RC18R

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THANKS JER;
    to prove that the TURKEY is ME, MYSELF : I just sent off for another mCX, only this one for binding to the DX-7

I AM PROBABLY THE ONLY US CITIZEN who only ate RITZ CRACKERS and a glass of SANGRIA

so I gave THANKS ! ( for what ?? )................
    VENI, VIDI, VELCRO ( plan to stick around for a while)