Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 PM
theradioflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheeeeeeee.......... Blade CP!

"I feel the need.... the need for speed!"

OH YEAH!

Edit for Jeff's next post~

Jeff,
The Futaba 72mhz doesn't effect the sound or video at all. I wish I had tried the landscape mode[:@]

Blessings,

Jay
Old 06-29-2009, 10:02 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

Dang, I missed your video you posted with the Webbie... I'am downloading it right now. So sweet... Yeah I haven't seen the video yet, but I bet with your Futaba set-up your not getting any of that interference. Man that sucks about the spot on the lens you were talking about... I'll have to see if I notice it.

Its weird, but in Landscape mode, I don't seem to get the warped blade effect as bad... I just watched a video of the Logo in the yard from today and its hardly there now. Weird...
Old 06-29-2009, 10:03 PM
J-MICHAEL

"I feel the need.... the need for speed!"

OH YEAH!

+1............And Vic's all over it like flies on you know what.................. [8D]
Old 06-29-2009, 10:16 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

That was a great video ! Its amazing how clear everything is when the camera is still. I couldn't see that spot until finally at the 1:53 mark on the video, and then I saw it looking very hard... I don't even notice it, but that's a bummer for sure knowing how picky you are. Lol...

That's cool your trying out the "Exposure Room"... I saw that place when I came across that aerial jet video with the Webbie. Right away I liked it because they have the nice dark background and is easy on the eyes when viewing a video. Who wants a blarring white glowing screen as a backdrop for a video ?! Vimeo and You-Tube failed the obvious.

If you read all of the reviews, there are many who like this site better than Vimeo even. More options, and much better in my mind... You can also do "Photos" as well under your profile along with your videos...

Cheers Jay,

~ Jeff
Old 06-29-2009, 10:41 PM
crashcrash

Jay...when the lower gets here, I'm gonna document the lower to upper mod which will be different from F-16#3. It'll be a lot more intense in strength trying to achieve a degree of crush proofing of the lower so it won't buckle in a moderate impact of a less than perfect landing....you know where I'm headed here. Since their out of stock of bare bones kits is basically INDEFINITE/UNKNOWN.....I gotta make this last the rest of the summer, so I'll build it well. When things get a little better around here...I may opt for the Kyosho F-16 or maybe even the A6 Intruder.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:14 PM
J-MICHAEL

Hey................. Who's that....?! Is there something on my head........?!......

Old 06-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm at work but I do have EXI pics on a memstick with me
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82421.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1227443  
Old 06-30-2009, 10:57 AM
J-MICHAEL

Kyle ~

Lol.... You can't have your EXI at work, but you have to bring some pics just in case you start getting the shakes and need a fix, to look at it at least huh ?! I've been flying the CPP lately, and using the stock TX the idle up switch is located in the upper righthand corner as you remember..... Well that video of the CPP you saw above, I flew the Trex 450 right afterwards with the DX7....

The DX7's upper righthandside toggle is the throttle hold switch.... When I first fired up the 450, I ran a couple warm-up laps in normal mode to gently make sure everything was good to go before I started to wring her out.. Well I must have put in a batt that wasn't charged all the way like I thought and I heard the LVC lick-in I thought so I brought the 450 in closer and then was going to flip it into idle up to see if I can tell quicker...

Luckily I was only above the deck, because instead of flipping the idle up switch I grabbed the throttle hold switch which confused me into a brainfart and I cut power ! Lol.... Been so dang use to the CPP's stock TX... I wasn't expecting power loss, but for it to grab some series rpm's and getting ready to rocket up, not down... LMAO... So the blades scuffed the deck just a tad and blew my tracking off as I inspected it at the field. I'll have to look at it really quick tonight... That flight only lasted a minute or so...

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...6beaff0e51857/

The Logo 10 is becoming my favorite heli... Its the easiest to manueuver around in my small yard more than the smaller ones that are just more fidgity. Do I sense a EXI 500 in your future ?! [8D] Me and Kelly are off all week for the 4th of July, so hopefully I can get some crashing in.... I mean... Flying......

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...098b21af0b159/

Take care,

~ Jeff
Old 06-30-2009, 02:48 PM
theradioflyer

Great vids Jeff. I really like the Exposer room so far. I'm going to do a video with the Canon A70 and upload it directly to the site and see how it turns out.
I noticed the Best Buy has Nero 9 on sale right now. I like how you edited your latest videos, like the sphere at the end of the Logo vid. I can't believe how much wind you'll fly in[X(] [8D]

Blessings,

Jay
Old 06-30-2009, 03:03 PM
reel109

Nero 9 is even cheaper at amazon.com
Old 06-30-2009, 03:11 PM
J-MICHAEL

Jay ~

Yes I love the "Exposure room". When you get that video uploaded, put up the link here... [8D] Yeah the wind is annoying... Its been windy for the past month, and its driving me mad ! I mounted the ESC in the Funtana last night. I've had that plane almost a year... LMAO... I'll try and do a step a night at least... If I get stuck, I might have to ask you, Vic, or Rick and Jim about something... I don't know anything really about these planes, but I love them ! I'll get there in time... One reason why I love the stuff you guys post here about the plane stuff, as I learn tidbits here and there.... Speaking of, we need Jim's Decathlon up in the sky !

Did ya hear that Jim...?! [8D]

Reel ~

Good to see ya lurkin' again.... Get that EXI in the air ! [8D][8D]
Old 06-30-2009, 03:15 PM
reel109

Almost done with it. Just very busy with work.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
J-MICHAEL

Reel ~

That's good then.... I was wondering about ya awhile back, because I haven't seen ya lurking and I knew from the last time I heard from ya on the EXI thread that you were in the process of building it. Well keep us posted when you get time to get her together.

~ Jeff
Old 06-30-2009, 04:55 PM
JPEE

JIM,
I used blue LT on ALL of my mtetal to metal parts. But Nick over at "are these blades *******" said he used blue on everthing for his 600 and thet still back out often. Now he did not stop using it but he did say that "everytime" he lands he runs over every ball in the heli taking 30-45 seconds total. So now that will be my new MO on the 500-600 T Rexs. Crap the Blade 400 have never has anything work out of that plastic lol.

JPEE
Old 06-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Wnuk

Great vids as always Jeff. The quality for such a small camera still amazes me. As for the Decathlon, she is ready for flight except for the smoke which is going to wait till I get a Sullivan smoke pump. The Tiejara pump I have is just not reliable enough. I was hoping for last weekend but the rain kept me away. I'll get to it sometime in July I'm sure.

JPEE- That's surprising to hear of them backing out, especially with blue. I'll store the checkover tip after each flight in my memory bank and use it as I get the Flasher built and flyable.

Reel- Good to see you hanging out again and keep us updated on the EXI.

Jim
Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 PM
Oracus

Ok here is the vid of the tail. Now it is acting semi-normal still not righht alot of drifting
also got another vid coming non-heli [:-]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zUz8Xjgg2Q&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
Old 06-30-2009, 08:49 PM
J-MICHAEL

Kyle ~

Here is a copy and paste that I typed on the Struggling Thread earlier for some tail wag issues :

For your wag, if it was me the first thing I'd do is start unhooking stuff in the *****-end and make sure there is no binding between any of the parts... Everything smooth... I've had a wag before from a tiny screw being to tight before...

I'd also check to make sure that you don't have any loose screws coming undone... I've had the one on the slider back out a tad and caused some waggy woo....

One that is overlooked greatly, and I've had crazy gyro problems before is your gyro tape being loose or losing its grip causing the gyro to pick up vibrations and making it cause wag and blow-outs. Especially after a crash, good to check....

If you replaced just one tail rotor blade, and kept the other you could have a big enough imbalance from the two, since there from different batches most likely and the weights varying. That will cause wag for sure...

Also make sure your not missing a tooth or two on your belt... Very easy not to notice, but will cause a wag. Just grab a brew, and start counting or looking... I ran my 450 belt for about a month when I was in Cali with two missing teeth on the belt, and it would spike the gyro funny sometimes... Check all your teeth on all your gears and pulleys also. My 450's belt is so old and hairy that the stray "hairs" or fibers can get long and want to snag on stuff so watch that to... I just flash it very quickly with a lighter on those strands and there history... Flame-throwers work also....

Just .50 grams is all it takes to make a diff on my CPP's CF blades... That's the equivelent weight of a tiny sticker... My CPP would shake violently from just being imbalanced with the CG of the blades. I had two different sets of CF blades for the CPP's because I have two... I accidently got them mixed up recently, since there the same E-Flite brand and look identical even with the tracking tape and they both shook madly ! It took many new parts and head-scratching to figure out where the shaking was coming from ! I realized after finally just saying "Well I'll check the blade CG then"... I doubt its that..... Well.... Wrong ! Never overlook the obvious, and so now I weigh and balance the main, tail, and flybar paddles... I saw how much it made a diff. I never really bothered before....

After watching your video, I had something similiar happen when the gyro tape was loose and the gyro was bouncing around a bit from excessive vibrations. And then another time, when I had the DIR switch the wrong way..... But during then, the heli would just spin around and the rudder inputs were opposite.... I don't know what to say after seeing your video... It doesn't look like it wants to hold in a hover does it ? I like starting my heli's up in the grass and then I'am safe in case of a boo-boo... Less vibrations upon start-up also since the skids are on the grass.

If your nervous about popping it into a hover, you could always take it out by the grass with the training gear on to be safe... I had the Logo out today in the yard again, and I love testing it out above the patch of grass... Just in case... I accidently hit the dang throttle hold switch on that heli today, thinking it was idle up again... No more CPP TX ! Its messing me up... LMAO...

Maybe Crash has some ideas ? I know just today, PhillyD even stated that the G401b is no GY401 on the Struggling Thread as he has both. Baurwin said the same thing, and was fighting issues with his G401b on his Trex 500 until he put in the GY401, and then there was no probs... It almost seems there's a LOT of good ones, and then there's a bad batch floating around... Because I've heard GOOD stuff about it. I'd even try one... But now I'am getting paranoid... Eh....

~ Jeff
Old 06-30-2009, 09:09 PM
theradioflyer

Kyle,
That was a great video for information. It looks like everything is balanced well but the tail isn't set mechanically centered for trim when ready to fly. Vic told me a while back to start with that and he was spot on. Don't mess with the rate mode for flying, leave that for first adjusting the center and end points on the tail slider. After that stay in HH. Center your rudder trim and spool it up so it's light on the skids and see which way the tail goes. Then slider the servo on the boom either forward or revers until you get it perfect. This can take several spool ups to get it right. Don't use the trim on your radio to center the tail in the air, get it mechanically centered.

Blessings,

Jay
Old 06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: theradioflyer

Kyle,
That was a great video for information. It looks like everything is balanced well but the tail isn't set mechanically centered for trim when ready to fly. Vic told me a while back to start with that and he was spot on. Don't mess with the rate mode for flying, leave that for first adjusting the center and end points on the tail slider. After that stay in HH. Center your rudder trim and spool it up so it's light on the skids and see which way the tail goes. Then slider the servo on the boom either forward or revers until you get it perfect. This can take several spool ups to get it right. Don't use the trim on your radio to center the tail in the air, get it mechanically centered.

Blessings,

Jay

IT'S NORMAL FOR THE RUDDER SERVO TO DRIFT LIKE WHEN HE MOVED IT TO THE LEFT...THAT'S PART OF THE HHG/AVCS DOING ITS JOB....DUNNO WHY IT DOES THAT. ALSO, TURN THE TX GAIN TO 25% AS RECOMMENDED TO START...MINE RUNS AT 31% TO A TIGHT TAIL WITHOUT WAGS...IT'S CLOSE TO WAGGING AND DOES IT SOMETIMES IF I FLIP THE RUDDER STICK QUICKLY. Just my $.02 worth.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:50 PM
J-MICHAEL

After that stay in HH.

..........+1.........And then make sure to rebind..... The Gy401 is noted to not stay in HH mode if not rebound in HH mode... 2 more cents thrown in..... Who gets to cash in the "pot" anyhow.... ?! Those pennies have got to be adding up....

I took off my Logo 10's flybar paddles which are 26.5 grams a piece, and threw on some 9 gram Trex 500 paddles that come with the Trex 500 CF kit... Wow, it sure made it much more powerful in a punchout... I couldn't even tell that there is a change other than more power and it seems easier to move around... That's close to 35 grams lost in the rotor head. Crazy...

I know with my Trex 450 I had the 8 gram paddles on for a long time and then I put on some 4 gram CPP paddles and it really freed up the head also... This will be my new set-up for the Logo for sure !

It should help to keep the temps down, and maybe a tad more flight time... We'll see.... I'am thinking Loops tomorrow A.M..... [8D] Here's a 18 second mini-clip taken from a video I did today in the yard. I can hear my belt getting a little loose also... Its been in the 80's so I'll have to tighten it up a smidgen.

http://exposureroom.com/members/J-MI...cd0924ee14041/

~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23256.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1227763   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75110.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	1227764   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65458.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	1227765  
Old 07-01-2009, 05:35 AM
Oracus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FPAIfCBTRM&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
Old 07-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Oracus

Kyle,

Blessings,

Jay
It looks off but when i setup center on tail mechanically next time it is powered up it will go full right again. I do leave it in hh mode to fly I was trying to show the diff in the modes not much. there is ZERO trim or sub trim on rudder! rudder travels are 100%

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

IT'S NORMAL FOR THE RUDDER SERVO TO DRIFT LIKE WHEN HE MOVED IT TO THE LEFT...THAT'S PART OF THE HHG/AVCS DOING ITS JOB....DUNNO WHY IT DOES THAT. ALSO, TURN THE TX GAIN TO 25% AS RECOMMENDED TO START...MINE RUNS AT 31% TO A TIGHT TAIL WITHOUT WAGS...IT'S CLOSE TO WAGGING AND DOES IT SOMETIMES IF I FLIP THE RUDDER STICK QUICKLY. Just my $.02 worth.
Ok if i set gain to 25% it will no longer be in HH mode right? if its lower than 50% the light blinks. It worked great on the BeltCP most of the gear is now on the EXI just diff motor now and till my 40a esc arrives

Old 07-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Oracus

I will rebind and try out some more ideas when i get home I also still have a Eflite G90[:'(]
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
crashcrash

ORIGINAL: Oracus

Kyle,

Blessings,

Jay
It looks off but when i setup center on tail mechanically next time it is powered up it will go full right again. I do leave it in hh mode to fly I was trying to show the diff in the modes not much. there is ZERO trim or sub trim on rudder! rudder travels are 100%

ORIGINAL: crashcrash

Ok if i set gain to 25% it will no longer be in HH mode right? if its lower than 50% the light blinks. It worked great on the BeltCP most of the gear is now on the EXI just diff motor now and till my 40a esc arrives

Now we're getting somewhere. Blinking light says two things:
1: servo NOT centered you may have to move the servo arm 1 tooth forward or back
2: recieving input and the stick is physically moved to left or right

Here are my settings that won't exactly match yours:
Delay = 0 (all settings on gyro)
Limit = 110
Digital servo is ON
normal/reverse = Reverse

Scroll down this page, it explains the gyro operation in detail:

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...o-G401B/Detail

It says to start with the TX gyro settings at 25% someplace in there unless I'm thinking of the Futaba manual (which could be possible).

You don't have a bad gyro, it appears it's doing what it's supposed to do.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
JPEE

SOLVED 7/2/09Hey GUYS,

Does anyone here fly their Blade 400 with a DX7?

My DX6i throttle control is failing and I need to move everything over to the DX7. Ialready had my 600 there and I cloned that for the 500 with small adjustments (unflown yet) but the 400 with Hitec 65s and a Fatuba 401 I cannot get right. FINALLY This is where I am now, with little success.

My DX6i potentiometer is dying even thought I am not on the recall list I will have to send it in. In trying to fly the 500 and well before today the most gentle move of the stick causes the heli to have micro spikes. So I am trying to move the 400s over to the DX7. The T-Rex’s are no problem. I have still one last nagging problem. I cannot get the Futaba 401 gyro to lock in; the light keeps flashing slowly even after the new bind of at least 20 times. Every time I change anything I rebind. I have lowered the settings from 67 to 30 to try and get the gyro to lock on without success. I have wagged the back of the heli and feel the gain move the servo. I try to fly and get up about 6" of the garage floor and the tail goes into a violent wag. I just got done watching Finless and his light goes out but mine does not. I just re-bound it to the DX6i and the light goes out. Perhaps/probably I am missing something in the DX7 set up. NEW UPDATE: I got the gyro to lock on occasion with the top right toggle switch Aux 2 pulled back to 1. But if I switch it forward to O the gyro light goes but no matter where the switch is the Gain is one as I can wag the heli and it is working. My gyro is plugged into the AR6100e in the RUDD and the gain is plugged into the GEAR and my pitch is on Aux 1.
Now I have the heli where I can just get her up 3-4 “ and then she goes into that violent tail wag. I take and re bind to the DX6i and she hovers like a dream. Somewhere I have something wrong in the gyro programming in the transmitter HELP what to do. Here are my settings, perhaps you can what I have done wrong................

Trainer..INH

Throttle recov.....INH

Input Select
Aux Gear
Gyro AUX2

Swash type
3 servos
120 degree

FUNCTION LIST
DR & EXPO
POS-0

AILE
Exp -15%
D/R 100%

RUDD
Exp -20%
D/R 100%

ELEV
Exp -15%
D/R 100%

AUTO D/R EXPO
Norm INH
ST-1 INH
ST-2 INH
HOLD INH

REVERSE SW
Thro N
Aile R
Elev R
Rudd N
Gear R
Pitch N
Aux2 R

SUB TRIMS
Gear 0
Aux2 0
Pitch H 15
Thro L1
Aile L60
Rudd L72

TRAVEL ADJUSTMENTS
GEAR
+101

AUX2
+100

PIT
H 100
L 100%

THRO
H 100
L 100

ELEV
D 100
U 100

AILE
L 100
R 100

RUDD
L 100
R 100

SWASH MIX
3 Servos
120 degree
EXP ACT
Aile +65
Elev +65
Pit +80

THRO HOLD OFF
HOLD POS. - 6.0%
SW: RUDD D/R

ALL THROTTLE AND PITCH CURVES ARE LINER

REVO MIX
NORM STNT
UP 0% UP 0%
DN 0% DN 0%

GYRO SENS
AUTO F. MODE
NORM:0
RATE: STNT :0
O: 67% HOLD:0
1: 40%

PROG. MIX 1
THRO THRO ON
RATE: 0%
0%
SW:ON
OFFSET:0

PROG.MIX2
INH

PROG. MIX 3
INH

TIMER
MODEL 1
DOWN - T
6:00

Thanks JPEE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.