Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Aluminum tail boom

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Aluminum tail boom

Has anyone tried this out? Will it fit a Blade CPP

Oracus

[link]http://flighttechusa.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=34[/link]
Old 02-27-2007, 12:33 PM
gixxernoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aluminum tail boom

I haven't tried that. I use aluminum or brass tubing depending on availability from my LHS (cost is $2.39 qty of 3). The measurement I use is 12" x 3/16" which is the perfect size. I just wrap around a small piece of masking tape at each end, a drop of CA, and mount it on the frame and tail rotor gear box this way I can easily remove it. Btw 13" is long I think you might have to cut an inch from that tail boom.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any noticable weight diff and what about any performance gains from a alloy tail boom?
Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
gixxernoob

none that I am aware of although I haven't tried to weigh it. just make sure your heli is balance. the part i like about it is its durability compared to the orginal boom all i have to do is bend it back when it gets blade strike. btw i'm using JCS sym. plasti blades.
Old 02-27-2007, 01:59 PM
FMB42

You can offset any weight change by moving the battery fore or aft so as to correct any change in the C.G. I don't think that you will see any "performance" gain by going to a alloy boom other than a possible increase in durability. You may however need to route your Rx antenna away from the alloy boom just in case you pick up any RF interference. This is not likely IMO.
I recommend that you invest in a couple of spare spindles (PN 016) if you go with the alloy boom and or plasti blades. This is just my .02 worth.