Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

4in1 black out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 09:55 AM
imadot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4in1 black out?

Turn on TX plug in onboard flight pack, new strobe lights kit come on channel 5 great, 4in1 goes from red to green blinking then solid. I spool up and 1 foot off the ground is when the 4in1 cuts off and the whole ship comes down, strobs still blinking though, never stopped. 4in1 is black now, no lights showing. I place CX2 on landing pad and 4in1 lights go red to green ready to fly. Sometimes I notice the foward/backwards stick works but the throttle doesn't and makes the 4in1 go red while in use. Changed out to a different fresh battery pack still the same black out. Sometimes It will go OK for maybe a minute, but that's all. The TX volts shows 6.0-5.9 . Any advice?
Old 04-22-2007, 04:03 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: 4in1 black out?

The 4 in 1 going to red just means that it is nearing full throttle, so that is not a problem.

the recevier is seperate from the other parts... and that is probably why it keeps on going. It does get the BEC from the rest of it though... so it probably isn't a connection failure between the Rx part and the rest of the unit. It also doesn't sound like your battery is comming loose. It almost sounds like a motor is going (motors are only good for a max of 20 flight hours), but if it blinks when you hit the ground then I don't know, unless that somehow causes it to loose radio signal momentariliy.

You could try holding it in your hands very carefully and spooling it up and see if it cuts off. If it does watch the red and green light on the 4 in 1 and see if it turns off.... if it does you probably need a new 4 in 1 (someone somewhere might be able to fix it, but I dunno how)

Also make sure that your lipo has enough volts. It should be reading 8.4v when it comes off the charger. Also lipo packs last probably 200-300 cycles. If you are approaching that, has your flight time decreased? If you have a nice discharger, you should be getting atleast 80% of the capacity back out. So 640mA out of your 800mA pack.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
johnny_p

Here's one for the gallery. Flying along, all is well; suddenly from about 4 feet up and away she falls right out of the sky. I go over and set her upright and look at the lights on the 4 in 1 and they're blinking from red to green intermittently, then it blinks green and then goes steady green. All of a sudden she starts up... I didn't even give it any input, ***? The 4 in 1 was blinking red then green and doing all kinds of weird stuff. I changed out my tx and li-po batts and spooled her up and the same thing happened. I then tried to re-bind my tx. Same thing, just sitting there on the ground, starts up in small bursts and shuts down. She now has a mind of her own. Near as I can figure it's my 4 in 1, so off to the LHS I go...

Anyone have this happen?

BTW, I re-named my ship to "Christine"!!!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
rlipp69

ORIGINAL: johnny_p

Here's one for the gallery. Flying along, all is well; suddenly from about 4 feet up and away she falls right out of the sky. I go over and set her upright and look at the lights on the 4 in 1 and they're blinking from red to green intermittently, then it blinks green and then goes steady green. All of a sudden she starts up... I didn't even give it any input, ***? The 4 in 1 was blinking red then green and doing all kinds of weird stuff. I changed out my tx and li-po batts and spooled her up and the same thing happened. I then tried to re-bind my tx. Same thing, just sitting there on the ground, starts up in small bursts and shuts down. She now has a mind of her own. Near as I can figure it's my 4 in 1, so off to the LHS I go...

Anyone have this happen?

BTW, I re-named my ship to "Christine"!!!
Same thing happend to me.dont know what it could be.Let me know if the new 4 in 1 helped or if you fixed the problem.