Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > E-Flite Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Help!!!!! I can't get it off the ground

Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Help!!!!! I can't get it off the ground

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 04:49 PM
speedy_moe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!! I can't get it off the ground

I don't know what I am doing wrong. When I first got the heli out of the box, I could get it to lift off but now no. I first got it out of the box and played with it and was able to get it off the ground. Then I broke the blades so I replaced it and set the pitch to 0 degree at center and 10degree at full. Now I have flat bottom blades and I cant seem to get it off the ground at full speed.

Please help me I would hate to get upset and not want to fly any more.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Georges Payne

Default RE: Help!!!!! I can't get it off the ground

I had a similar experience when I bought my BCPP. The flat bottom blades begin to produce lift at around 10 degrees aoa, so the easiest thing to try first, and this is what I did, would be to add one full turn on both pitch control links. Then check the tracking, and see if it solved the problem. Also, Did you use a pitch gauge? If you don't plan to fly inverted soon, 0 deg at 50% throttle is not necessary, and I usually set the pitch gauge at around 5 deg for 50% throttle stick.

Good luck
Georges
Old 05-19-2007, 05:27 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: Help!!!!! I can't get it off the ground

ORIGINAL: Georges Payne

--------------------------------------------
Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

LOL, ROFL that was worth a good laugh

One other thing, make sure your blades are spinning clockwise when you look at them from the top, and that the flat side of the blades is down, and the curved side is up.... If you've already got that taken care of, then just discard the info =)