Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 02:33 AM
cobaltltblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrated

i have had my Bladr pro for a few weeks and i'm totally pissed. i have flown a bunch of times on the real flight g3 and i can do 3D on the thing there but i can't keep my blade in the air for more than 30 sec!! i'm constantly chasing the tail and always fighting to keep control. i took it to the local hobby shop and of corse he can fly it fine and says i have it set up good. what gives?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:36 AM
mrasmm

Default RE: Frustrated

hrm, yeah that's kinda weird. The sim is alot easier in most cases than the real thing because the sim doesn't take in all the variables. Most likely you just need to take it slow and go to the basics and see what you can do there. Try radds if you haven't already. PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you a blade that is more or less like the real thing. I actually find it a good deal harder than the real thing to fly =)
Old 06-17-2007, 02:42 AM
cobaltltblue

sorry i'm a noob what is radds?
Old 06-17-2007, 02:50 AM
mrasmm

you could also try out some of these links here. There are some good ones =) Radds is on the list. I'll send that chopper to you on your e-mail.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:28 AM
DrunkYoda

something I was told on the sim is really MESS with your trims and then try to fly the sim. You don't worry about crashing on the sim either. So some of it's psychological. Put your trims to one side or other, do have it perfectly trimmed. It will help with the real thing more than a perfectly trimmed model in a sim will.

DY
Old 06-17-2007, 06:35 AM
pavelowmike

I got my CP Pro in about a week ago. I had a heck of a time hovering the thing with the stock transmitter, but bless my wife, she bought me the CPP and a DX7 for fathers day. Once i hooked up the DX7, it made a world of difference. I can hover the thing for about a minute in a tiny room, and i'm only on about my 5th pack. Its a pretty hefty investment up from (around $329), but you can take the RX off and move it to other helicopters as you upgrade. Good luck!
Old 06-17-2007, 06:41 AM
DrunkYoda

Yep customizable transmitters REALLY help. It's been said it's one of the top upgrades as you can use it for other choppers later and you will have same feel etc...

In the list of mods I'd say it's right up there with extra blades.

DY
Old 06-17-2007, 06:42 AM
mrasmm

wow, did I forget the links?
http://www.heli-max.net/mediawiki/index.php/Links
Old 06-17-2007, 08:01 AM
cltmte

I found the realflight blade model just about equal to the real thing. After getting complete control over hovering "tail in" in RF I went to the Blade and was hovering a complete battery on my third pack. Maybe the model you have is not a good one. Try the one mrasmm suggested. Also look to some of the other mods to "tame" the blade initially - flybar weights, move control rods, training gear. That should help bring it under control.

I also added the g90 to help control the tail and it does help a lot.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Pongo

Just another comment,

How are you flying the sim? Are you just punching the throttle and flying around? I have seen a lot of people do this and think they are capable of flying a heli, but then I ask them to do something simple like hover in front of them, or do a low and slow figure 8, and they have problems. The point is that the sim is only realistic if you fly it realistically.

The only other thing I can offer is to take it slow. There is a whole new range of differences in the real world vs. the sim, and usually you are more nervous and tend to panic when it's the real thing. Try flying a variety of the helis in the sim. That way you won't get a feeling for one heli, but instead the proper movements which will help you in more circumstances. Make sure you can do basics in the sim like putting it up just a bit in the air and hover to an EXACT spot and land.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:55 PM
cobaltltblue

i can hover it untill it dies out of power. then i can hover left and right side in and move around slowly. theni do a large "U" shape along the runway. then i slow and land. but nose in i crash. i can go inverted and hold it hovering then back. i can't fly around inverted. i can stationary rool and back flip. front flip still screws me up.

real thing

i spool up chase the tail for a sec to keep it from moveing. then i raise up 2-3ft and chase the head trying to hover. then i forget ab out the tail and it turns nose in and down she goes. i have to change my flybar then i'm going to try the sim blades.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:34 PM
noguy

A HH gyro will really help you with a wondering tail. I learned to hover without one but once I did have a HH gyro the tail would just stay wherver I left it.
More importantly RADD's trained my thumb to instintively handle the tail all of the time.
[link]http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html[/link]
Check it out and follow his instruction to the tee. If you havent already. RADD's made all the difference for me.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Pongo

yeah, a HH gyro may be something for you to look at.

Try to adjust your sim a bit by moving the tail trim off center. This will force you to keep adjusting the tail in the sim. See if that's similar to what is happening in real life.

A question about the tail,... is it always turning on you, or does it hold for a bit and then drift? If it is always turning you need to adjust your proportional dial a bit to help fix that. If it is just drifting occassionally, or when you apply throttle, this is more where a hh Gyro will help. A non hh gyro simply stabilizes the tail, but it will still drift, particularly so the nose is into the wind... a HH gyro will hold that orientation even if the wind pushes it around. You may find it easier if you make sure you keep the nose into the wind, as this will help keep the tail straight as well.

Good luck
Old 06-17-2007, 03:22 PM
FMB42

Hang in there colbalt. Your doing fine and I think you will start to notice longer flight times and fewer "crashes" before you know it. I stop flying for awhile as soon as I have one or two "crashes" or "close calls". I do this because I feel that a lack of concentration and/or nervousness on my part only gets worse if I keep flying.

Try turning the gyro gain up as far as it will go without causing the tail to twitch. Then adjust the proportional mix so that the tail stays steady while you hover. This will allow you to learn the basics without having to fly the tail so much. Flying the tail will come with time.

BTW, I remember when I was lucky to keep my CP in the air for 3 seconds let alone 30!

Good luck and good flying!
Old 06-18-2007, 01:05 PM
modifyit15
My Feedback: (27)

cobaltltblue
It is hard enough to just fly a CP or CP pro. Get A T-rex or a 50 size heli and they Fly just like the Sim, Oyea Dont skimp on the Gyro, Get a Good one like Futaba 401, with a High speed tail servo. then you wont have to chase the tail At ALL. I have been Flying Helis since 1997 and I will tell you The CP is the hardest heli I have ever flown, And I have flown several of them because people Always want me to set them up for them and they all fly like Crap. compared to any other heli I have flown, and I have Flow every thing from Electrics to Gassers. (trex450's 600's, nitro 30's,50's,90's and G26's from Eflight to Xcell)